Pre Season Friendlies - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pre Season Friendlies

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIIRC his debut was the trouncing that we suffered in Stockholm prior to the 0-0 v Lithuania.

He was well out of his depth v Sweden.

J

Were lucky to get away with 3-0 if i recall correctly. Totally outclassed, highlight was the free journey on the metro back from the stadium.

IIIRC his debut was the trouncing that we suffered in Stockholm prior to the 0-0 v Lithuania.

He was well out of his depth v Sweden.

J

Kenneth played because Levein didn't want to play 2 left-footed CB's. Kenneth therefore played along side Berra (Stephen McManus was on the bench).

That, in itself sums up how much of a fecking idiot Levein is.

The game was instantly forgotten, I was enjoying the fantastic sunshine, stunning women and the fact that the day before I had emergency dental work that removed the bulk of the pain from the tooth ache that I was suffering from in the run up to that game.

Flying RyanAir to Sweden and back is one to forget also (glorified bus!).

J

I had no problem with Kenneth starting in Sweden, he had been pretty solid for United the previous season, finishing 3rd in the league (with a pretty respectable goals for and against ratio) and had got himself a SC winners medal..... but as time went on, was clear that most that season success was actually a result of Andy Webster guiding him through matches, and sticking him in beside the equally inexperienced Berra was a mistake, and one of them (more so Kenneth) should have been hooked at half time, and was painfully obvious he was not cut out for international football.

Ok, how you getting here? If train get off at airport and come out the station away from the airport. Go across the car park and you should see a pathway that will take you to the ground, at the end of the pathway turn right and walk up to the mini roundabout turn left the cricketers is on the right. I will check if the club bar is open for visiting fans.