Away Friendlies - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Away Friendlies

EddardStark

Georgia away could be crucial so I would like to see an away friendly in Armenia, Azerbaijan or Kazakhstan.

SFA will never think that far outside the box..... At very best we will get one in a game in Scotland, but Strachan and SFA are not going to drag the team right across Europe for a friendly match

Edited by wanderer

• 3 weeks later...

As much as it annoyes people who want to travel, and can afford to travel to more exotic/expensive locations I'd welcome another away trip to London to a Neutral venue.

Australia, South Africa, Uruguay, etc.

J

This is not a moan at folk who can afford it, just saying that we are not all in the same position.

Edited by jailender

As much as it annoyes people who want to travel, I'd welcome another away trip to London to a Neutral venue.

Australia, South Africa, Uruguay, etc.

J

If we are to do a friendly like that again I'd like something other than London. Newcastle or Manchester. Drive down and back in a day for fun.

Like the sound if Denmark away. Decent priced flight with Easyjet.

Only games I can remember SFA making a big deal over a return fixture was Switzerland in 2006 and South Africa in 2007...... clearly the South Africa one was based on qualifying for the World Cup and got put on the back burner..... Switzerland I have no real desire to take out a 2nd mortgage to fund a night on the lash for a TA trip there :-))

Only games I can remember SFA making a big deal over a return fixture was Switzerland in 2006 and South Africa in 2007...... clearly the South Africa one was based on qualifying for the World Cup and got put on the back burner..... Switzerland I have no real desire to take out a 2nd mortgage to fund a night on the lash for a TA trip there :-))

Had a great night with Mad Murphy and his pals in Zurich the night before the Liechtenstein game. Would definitely go back.

J

Had a great night with Mad Murphy and his pals in Zurich the night before the Liechtenstein game. Would definitely go back.

J

Big Ben Pub was fantastic :beer2: but place in general makes Oslo look like eastern European prices :eek:

Guy that owns Big Ben pub was handing out free Jager on the first night, thinking we were the only TA in town.... next night he was packed and was not so generous

• 2 weeks later...