Dons Players Released - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dons Players Released

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/aberdeen-boss-derek-mcinnes-clears-5698511

Shaughnessy, Driver, Robertson, Murray, Gibbons and Masson all being released in the summer whilst McManus rejects deal, Daniels going back to West Brom and we knew about Low to Dundee and Anderson's retirement.

Robson offered one-year deal.

Can't say I'm too surprised with the players going. Liked Shaughnessy but too many in front of him for CB, which is his position. Robertson done by injuries and fact we've got Shinnie coming in, Driver done feck all, forgot we signed him tbh!

McInnes hasn't got much wrong in the transfer market (Zola and Wylde aside) so trust his judgement 100%.

Disappointed to see young Murray go, don't think he got much of a chance. Without him and Shaughnessy, we're light for cover at RB. So i'd imagine McInnes will try and get a back-up CB/RB in.

Glad to see McManus leave, it's evident that he can't cut it and Shankland is twice the player.

Surprised/bemused by Robson being offered a deal. I fail to see what he offers now. I'd rather get a younger holding midfielder in to be back-up to Jack(if he stays)/Flood and McLean (hopefully McInnes starts playing him deeper).

At present we need cover in defence (RB & CB), a GK (although that won't happen) and some cover for McGinn and Hayes out wide.

Anyone seen anyone in the development side that they think could make the step-up?

Think Robson is still handy to have in the dressing room, think he'll be a bit-part player rather than first team regular. Agree on the positions we need Parklife, especially Goalkeeper as neither Brown or Langfield are solid enough to be our No.1.

McManus will probably be offered a half decent deal by Morton to go play first team football there and probably knows he will be well down the pecking order next season (behind Rooney, Smith and Shankland.... plus if McInnes has made Stevie May his top target, him as well.... as well as Scott Wright maybe making a bench appearance here and there).

Can not say I am shocked of any of the players released, as most are like Masson being the wrong side of 21 and not established themselves (Robertson will be due to injury most likely), also heard as far back as last summer that we have been trying to get rid of Shaughnessy for a while (apparently we were offering him + cash last summer for Shinnie, but ICT were not interested).

Just signed a 3 year deal with Fleetwood Town

If the local paper down there doesn't announce his signing with the headline Fleetwood Mac* someone is not doing their job properly.

*I know it's actually McManus and not Mac.

If the local paper down there doesn't announce his signing with the headline Fleetwood Mac* someone is not doing their job properly.

*I know it's actually McManus and not Mac.

I'm hoping for an Elvis Costello reference myself.

Disappointed to see young Murray go, don't think he got much of a chance. Without him and Shaughnessy, we're light for cover at RB. So i'd imagine McInnes will try and get a back-up CB/RB in.

Glad to see McManus leave, it's evident that he can't cut it and Shankland is twice the player.

Surprised/bemused by Robson being offered a deal. I fail to see what he offers now. I'd rather get a younger holding midfielder in to be back-up to Jack(if he stays)/Flood and McLean (hopefully McInnes starts playing him deeper).

At present we need cover in defence (RB & CB), a GK (although that won't happen) and some cover for McGinn and Hayes out wide.

Anyone seen anyone in the development side that they think could make the step-up?

Ye can huv that puddin' Foster if ye like? :)