Final Leaders Debate - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The SNP said it "may" be against EU regulations, they were supposed to consult on it and present their findings. They missed the deadline and haven't revisited it despite TU criticism.

To be fair i think it wasnt fully explained how it would be funded in the public sector either

If you are totally Independent thats fine but when you are having to budget on the pocket money you get from Westminster then it's a different story

Edited by Ally Bongo

The Murphy/Davidson spat early on ('How dare you call me a liar?') was funny, but overall the tactic was clearly for the other 3 to target Sturgeon. She did OK, but had a few awkward moments. Murphy is a strange creature, just can't imagine him inspiring anyone, but clearly some disagree. Campbell was out of his depth, let any pretence at impartiality sail south several times. That said on the PR question he failed to let Murphy say anything which (while it is in general terms a good thing) is hardly fair. Couple of questions from obvious plants too, but you expect that I think. I have a feeling that there may be some traction in this Lib Dem tactic of calling for tactical, unionist voting in their existing seats. The SNP are genuinely hated by many, and Labour or Tory voters will find it easier to vote Lib Dem than making the journey all the way to supporting their traditional opponents, if it keeps 'Salmond' out.

Edit. Missed the start, how did the BBC say the audience was selected?

Edited by Pool Q

Didn't say 'how' they were selected, just that there was representation from all 6 parties who have elected people in Scotland and a proportion of undecided's.

Based on that, the presence of guys like Scott Arthur is fair enough?

Didn't say 'how' they were selected, just that there was representation from all 6 parties who have elected people in Scotland and a proportion of undecided's.

On all the debates up until now, there has been at least one instance of an audience member purporting to be undecided who is actually a party activist.

To be fair it was someone else on twitter that spotted the Labour plant

And really when anyone connected to Labour or their councils berate the SNP about public service cuts you should be allowed to shout "You should have voted for Independence then"

Edited by Ally Bongo

To be fair it was someone else on twitter that spotted the Labour plant

And really when anyone connected to Labour or their councils berate the SNP about public service cuts you should be allowed to shout "You should have voted for Independence then"

Or boot their nads

Really dislike Scott Arthur. He was an absolute tosspot during the referendum debate with Swinney - ask question, shout at him as he's answering. I've also spoken to someone who's had issues with him on the Hibs (I think) message board. An angry, bitter, self-loather - clearly working up to being a Labour MP (only that avenue now appears to be f****d).

I wanted to hook davidson,rennie,murphy and the tosspot campbell as they all had an agenda against the snp and nicola.Campbell says dont talk over each other and what does he do for the whole hour he feckin TALKS OVER EVERYONE.All they want to discuss is another referendum even tho nicola says there wont be one unless the scottish people want it.All we needed was that little hound dugdale to be there to stick her neb in a nd talk about fiscal autonomy and you guessed it another referendum. :banghead:

An angry, bitter, self-loather - clearly working up to being a Labour MP (only that avenue now appears to be f****d).

Which is perhaps why he is so bitter? Labour appear to be furious that the SNP have the audacity to even challenge them for the seats they are 'entitled' to in Scotland - check out the Tom Clarke footage on the Guardian website. They also (on an entirely selfish level) see their careers and seats in the Lords (which the hypocritical cvnts should want abolished) disappearing.