Murphy - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I'm going to visit my Maw & Dad tonight (Labour members) who both voted for Murphy as SLab leader. I'll be ramming it home that their parties impending collapse could've been avoided (or at least mitigated) if they'd listened to me and voted for Findlay and Clark.

Im not even convinced by Findlay any more either. He's show himself to be as partisan and bitter about the SNP as the rest IMO, and couple that with the fact that he has little influence in wider Labour Party, he'd have been completely ineffectual. Katy Clark has potential but again, what stands before Labour is bigger than any single individual leader. Their party is in serious trouble and it's not clear to me who could sort them out and affect widespread change in attitudes rather than more of the same.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not even convinced by Findlay any more either. He's show himself to be as partisan and bitter about the SNP as the rest IMO.

Findlays behaviour has been appalling throughout this campaign. I used to rate him as one of the better MSP's from any party, now he's turned into one of the whooping seals that infest Holyrood benches.

Im not even convinced by Findlay any more either. He's show himself to be as partisan and bitter about the SNP as the rest IMO, and couple that with the fact that he has little influence in wider Labour Party, he'd have been completely ineffectual. Katy Clark has potential but again, what stands before Labour is bigger than any single individual leader. Their party is in serious trouble and it's not clear to me who could sort them out and affect widespread change in attitudes rather than more of the same.

It wouldn't have fixed it for them but they'd certainly have more to offer than Murphy and Deputy Dug. Who offer nothing apart from "SNP- Bad" and "vote SNP get Tory".

Murphy is an absolute idiot.

This is the front page of the "i" newspaper down here today:

3131FC25-F5A1-4496-AF63-8660E0EF50A3_zps

It's his own fault for repeating the lie that a vote for the SNP is a vote for the Tories.

Unless he ACTUALLY believes that only the party with the most seats gets to form the government!

That would explain why he's been pushing it so doggedly for the last few weeks. Perhaps he is just really, really stupid!

Unless he ACTUALLY believes that only the party with the most seats gets to form the government!

That would explain why he's been pushing it so doggedly for the last few weeks. Perhaps he is just really, really stupid!

I thought that was a given?

He's not that stupid, but he's hoping the electorate are.

It'd be political suicide for Labour down south if they formed a government when the Tories had more seats. Labour know it and the Tories know it.

They'd be attacked constantly by the Tory press, questioning their legitimacy, calling them anti-democratic and giving them pelters for being "propped-up" by SNP votes in parliament.

It'd be political suicide for Labour down south if they formed a government when the Tories had more seats. Labour know it and the Tories know it.

They'd be attacked constantly by the Tory press, questioning their legitimacy, calling them anti-democratic and giving them pelters for being "propped-up" by SNP votes in parliament.

And political suicide for them up here, if they let the Tories in, rather than form some sort of a deal with the SNP -

it would crush them at the Holyrood elections if they are seen to find letting the Tories in preferable to working with the party that Scotland has chosen (hopefully overwhelmingly) to represent their interests at Westminster

And political suicide for them up here, if they let the Tories in, rather than form some sort of a deal with the SNP -

it would crush them at the Holyrood elections if they are seen to find letting the Tories in preferable to working with the party that Scotland has chosen (hopefully overwhelmingly) to represent their interests at Westminster

Definitely. I struggle to see a scenario where they're not fecked :lol:

Scottish Labour made possibly the worst calculation in realpolitik terms by any major political party in European history in reacting to being outflanked on the left by appointing a Blairite right-winger as Branch Manager; reacting to being perceived as a Unionist-only party by appointing a hardline Loyalist to be the public face of the party, they doomed themselves on two fronts: the Left (which did include pro-Union elements and who are now turned off of potentially voting Scottish Labour by a hard-right leadership), and the Yes vote (which included centre-Left and soft-Right elements and who are now turned off of potentially voting Scottish Labour by an extremist Unionist leadership)"

http://tommyballgovan.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/extincta-eorum-inutilis.html

I think Labour are accepting that they're dead for a while up here and are concentrating on shoring up their English votes. THis can be seen by Murphy being undermined by Milliband, Balls and Umuna (sp?). Scottish Labour are essentially dead regardless, it's just how dead they will be that differs, there was no point in the rest of Labour taking a hit for the Scottish branch.

I will make a prediction, that as soon as Murphy losses his seat in Westminster, a Liebour list MSP will be found dead, after accidentally shooting them self, 17 times in the back of the head while shaving, and thus giving auld skelator, a seat in Holyrood.

I will make a prediction, that as soon as Murphy losses his seat in Westminster, a Liebour list MSP will be found dead, after accidentally shooting them self, 17 times in the back of the head while shaving, and thus giving auld skelator, a seat in Holyrood.

:-))

Definitely. I struggle to see a scenario where they're not fecked :lol:

Other than being the largest party you are correct. I also think if let the Tories in when they could lock them out with the SNP, that will play very badly in England among their support, they will feel let down. The gamble could be, well where else could they go? Look how that turned out in Scotland.

Push comes to shove they will go into government no matter what if the arithmetic works.

Labour in Scotland needs gutting though. The only way forward for them is to split from UK labour - but be a natural coalition with them in Westminster - so they can stand on a program that is purely aimed at Scotland and at best take a neutral stance on the constitutional question. None of this is going to happen though.

Murphy getting torn to bits by Sally Magnusson on Reporting Scotland right now.

He's cringeworthy. Embarrasing.

He just goes on and on and on and on and on about another referendum. Magnusson says 'but Nicola Sturgeon has ruled out another referendum', but Skeletor keeps on repeating the same, pathetic lie.

How the f*ck could anyone consider voting for this muppet, and his party ?

Whilst I think he'll (unfortunately) survive here in East Ren, North British Labour must be looking at their current MSPs and thinking "who is expendable ?" as a Plan B just in case he loses.

A bunch of gangsters the lot of them. Wish a sudden and selective typhoid epidemic would wipe them all out at NBL

Whilst I think he'll (unfortunately) survive here in East Ren, North British Labour must be looking at their current MSPs and thinking "who is expendable ?" as a Plan B just in case he loses.

A bunch of gangsters the lot of them. Wish a sudden and selective typhoid epidemic would wipe them all out at NBL

Most people suggest that there may be a swing to Labour in the last week which will save them a few seats ..and they might be right

However it is entirely possible that the swing might go even further the other way

Labour are certainly doing everything possible for it to be the latter