Cup Final Venue - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cup Final Venue

I might be wrong, but I'd imagine Falkirk will sell 20,000 tickets.

Motherwell have taken 15000 to the 2 finals v Celtic and Rangers, would take a bit more if they were playing anybody else.

What did Caley have at the league cup final? They'll have at least that, possibly a bit more.

As i've said earlier, K1llie vs Falkirk in 1997 was 50,000 sell out and both teams could have sold quite a bit more.

We were getting 4500-5500 crowds at the time.

Falkirk will take 20,000 themselves. Folk suggesting playing it at a 20k stadium and locking potential fans out the ground are wired to a different planet.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firhill wouldn't have big enough(Almondvale was WAY over capacity at that game) for the Bo'ness v Linlithgow Scottish junior cup semi-final so not sure why it would be big enough for the actual Scottish Cup final.

In 1997 it was buzzing , I was working the day of the game in Falkirk and the place was consumed by the game.

As i've said earlier, K1llie vs Falkirk in 1997 was 50,000 sell out and both teams could have sold quite a bit more.

We were getting 4500-5500 crowds at the time.

Falkirk will take 20,000 themselves. Folk suggesting playing it at a 20k stadium and locking potential fans out the ground are wired to a different planet.

If it was my team Motherwell playing inverness i would rather play it at Easter Road, nothing worse sitting around folk who never been to a game in there life and are old firm fans there for a day out cause its team from there town. Rather sit amongst fans who actually care about the team you support and go to odd game rather than only when get to a cup final. My opinion mind which everyone entitled too, you have your views i have mine. Fair doo's inverness played Aberdeen at Celtic Park but you know Aberdeen have huge support to fill rest of the ground, lets be honest lucky if 5000 inverness fans ever been to a game other than day out at hampden last year.

If it was my team Motherwell playing inverness i would rather play it at Easter Road, nothing worse sitting around folk who never been to a game in there life and are old firm fans there for a day out cause its team from there town. Rather sit amongst fans who actually care about the team you support and go to odd game rather than only when get to a cup final. My opinion mind which everyone entitled too, you have your views i have mine. Fair doo's inverness played Aberdeen at Celtic Park but you know Aberdeen have huge support to fill rest of the ground, lets be honest lucky if 5000 inverness fans ever been to a game other than day out at hampden last year.

So seeing as you don't go and watch "your team" I take it you aren't arsed about tickets?

When we played Celtic in 2012 we got 110 tickets together for the boys I've always gone to games with. Atmosphere was brilliant and that was with 13000 or something killie fans so certainly plenty day trippers.

I'd rather play a final at Hampden with tons of families there than locking fans out Easter Road.

Falkirk could fill easter road themselves.

No matter what teams are in the final it has to be Hampden. Close off the south stand and parts of the East and West stands and there will still be a good atmosphere in the ground. I think this game will attract at least a 30k crowd if not a bit more.

Caley brought about 10,000 fans to Parkhead last year.

Aye did they now, oom and how many are actually caley thistle fans reckon 5000 maybe been to league game before it, point making is would rather have genuine fans around me at the ground than folk who probably support old firm out for a day out as its town they live in's team so only out for a day out.

So seeing as you don't go and watch "your team" I take it you aren't arsed about tickets?

When we played Celtic in 2012 we got 110 tickets together for the boys I've always gone to games with. Atmosphere was brilliant and that was with 13000 or something Ayrshire's second team fans so certainly plenty day trippers.

I'd rather play a final at Hampden with tons of families there than locking fans out Easter Road.

Falkirk could fill easter road themselves.

Your view is different from mine so have to agree to disagree, rather just have folk who actually go to odd game or been a fan of team rather than having hangers on because its the team where they live but next season they be at parkhead and ibrox.

They did.

Aberdeen also took 40,000.

Although, I'm sure you'd rather that game was played at Huntly.

Now you are just being ridiculous, if cant have genuine discussion dont try act like a smartarse ffs. Aberdeen have alot more fans and parkhead suited the final against Caley as i believe the 40,000 that there were there are actually Aberdeen fans and go to the games or been to a game. anyway pointless discussion if it was my team Motherwell playing Caley rather it was at easter road, rather have 10,000 folk who actually been fir park or support the team getting behind the team than filling rest of seats up with folk who never set foot in fir park as a well fan. Anyway be far better atmosphere at easter road which point making and any geunine falkirk or caley fan would get a ticket no bother.

I wonder if Inverness could be the first club since Dundee Utd 50 years ago to come from nowhere and cement a position in the top half dozen or so in the country? Given the size of the city (more than half that of Dundee) and the absence of competition across much of their hinterland - and the fact they've reached third place in the league already - you'd hope that as the rancour around the merger dies away that forthcoming generations might see them grow organically?

Now you are just being ridiculous, if cant have genuine discussion dont try act like a smartarse ffs. Aberdeen have alot more fans and parkhead suited the final against Caley as i believe the 40,000 that there were there are actually Aberdeen fans and go to the games or been to a game. anyway pointless discussion if it was my team Motherwell playing Caley rather it was at easter road, rather have 10,000 folk who actually been fir park or support the team getting behind the team than filling rest of seats up with folk who never set foot in fir park as a well fan. Anyway be far better atmosphere at easter road which point making and any geunine falkirk or caley fan would get a ticket no bother.

so you want Scottish football to turn away people from grounds just so you and your wee pals can sit together and talk about what great super fans you are????

Not everyone can afford to go every week. The Cup Final is a showpiece occasion and a great opportunity for whole towns/cities to get behind their clubs. Quite why anyone would want to deny any club a larger support just because some of them don't/can't go every week baffles me.

The JPT Final in England was played at Wembley between Bristol City and Walsall who have average crowds of around 12K and 5K respectively. They took 72K between them to Wembley but by that logic the game should have been played at The Hawthorns or Stadium MK where about 40,000 less people would have got to see their teams.

so you want Scottish football to turn away people from grounds just so you and your wee pals can sit together and talk about what great super fans you are????

LOL Think you arent listening to point i am making, i didnt say anything about super fan did aye? read what said, no ones turning anyone away from grounds, point made is would you have fans of other teams sitting amongst you who lets be honest after the game is done and dusted couldnt care less about the team they just went to final to see.

I think you'll find its you who is being ridiculous.

The average crowd at Pittodrie is about 10,000 yet 40k turned up to the final.

By your reckoning the game could easily have been played at Tynecastle.

lol ok mr accie think what you want :>)

LOL Think you arent listening to point i am making, i didnt say anything about super fan did aye? read what said, no ones turning anyone away from grounds, point made is would you have fans of other teams sitting amongst you who lets be honest after the game is done and dusted couldnt care less about the team they just went to final to see.

yes you are, you are saying that we should hold the final in a venue that only holds 20,000 but there will be at the very least 30,000 there and I think it will be more than 40,000. So you want to turn away thousands of fans

Aye did they now, oom and how many are actually caley thistle fans reckon 5000 maybe been to league game before it, point making is would rather have genuine fans around me at the ground than folk who probably support old firm out for a day out as its town they live in's team so only out for a day out.

So seeing as you don't bother your arse watching motherwell you'll be happy to watch their next final in the pub?

Wouldn't want you mixing with actual fans who attend games eh.

So seeing as you don't bother your arse watching motherwell you'll be happy to watch their next final in the pub?

Wouldn't want you mixing with actual fans who attend games eh.

lol its not a case i dont bother my ass, i just dont have the money to do it anymore, there is a difference and if there is a ticket going yeah i will go to the final but i wouldnt greet about not getting one if i didnt

Listen i went to 30 games plus a season for about 10 years in a row when i started working and was able to afford to go to the games but last few years the number games i have went to have went down and down and havent went to one game this season i am honest got other priorities way i spend my cash. obvisouly you can afford go club and international games but good for you if you can afford it.

Funny thing is I've probably watched Motherwell more times than him this season.

ha ha not denying you have, is this a competition with you get most browny points :>)