Orange Walk - Page 18 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 200-300 people looks about right from the pics I've seen... There's people sharing pictures from after the event has finished and claiming it as the full attendance and making themselves look rather silly.

I took some screen grabs from the webcam but don't know how to post them ......

If I can find out the names of the SNP councillors I will let you know. No matter who ok'd this Orangepish they have to be held to account.

I have the names... Damned if I'll be giving them to you though :lol:. I genuinely believe you're nuts enough to hurt them.

No not hurt them but they have to be held to account.Labour have got all the blame of this but now it seems 3 SNP councillors are involoved.Maybe their constituents need to know why they approved it.You may have the names but I will also have them soon enough.

Walked through (well round as they had a permiter fence up) George Square about midday. It was pishing down. Caught a bit od spech where a grandmaster heid one said "people make Glasgow" and that includes "us Orangemen and women and generations of Orangemen and women before us." There was a museum of orange history in a busy tent. It all seemed like a parody - hopefully they will have a tent at the West End festival tomorrow to keep things going.......

No not hurt them but they have to be held to account.Labour have got all the blame of this but now it seems 3 SNP councillors are involoved.Maybe their constituents need to know why they approved it.You may have the names but I will also have them soon enough.

You going to extract the info from him? I say start off by bumming him......

Coockoo, coockoo

The Ayatollah of the Fat Snooker Refs fraternity was interviewed on BBC Scotland this evening pontificating about how much of a 'tolerant' organisation that they are. Right ye are then, you must think we all button up the fukin back. So tell me what is tolerant about deliberately stopping outside Catholic churches, increasing the volume of their 'music' and intimidating Catholic parishoners (ask any parishoners of the local chapel in Abercromby St, Glasgow that have had to deal with these khunts in the past)? Oh and I speak from personal experience of members of my own family who were members of such a tolerant and welcoming society shunned me for the audacity of dating an RC lassie. I'm surprised I haven't been struck down by a bolt of lightning from said members from up above for actually marrying one as well.

The sooner this mob are run out of Scottish society and packed off back to Northern Ireland the better. I am all for free speech, but this vile organisation are up there with Captain Hooky of Finsbury Park Mosque in the religious incitement stakes. It is nothing but sheer and utter hatred from them, and my old man saw them for what they were and left them for those reasons.

Here is what I know with regard to the SNP council members who approved the Orangefest. There are 4 SNP members on the Licence committee,this does not com under the Party whip as it is a semi judicial position.This is still no excuse . Only 3 SNP members where present on the day.Baillie John McLaughlin Councillor for Shettleston , Baillie Jo Docherty Councillor for Newlands and Auldburn and Councillor Glenn Elder councillor for Linn.If any of these represent you they need to be quizzed on why they approved this and what is the full cost also who will be paying for this event. The labour group had a civic reception with the Orange Order and had virtually agreed before it went to the Licence committee.The first the committee heard officially about this was after the seats and tents had started to be set out in George Square.

Here is what I know with regard to the SNP council members who approved the Orangefest. There are 4 SNP members on the Licence committee,this does not com under the Party whip as it is a semi judicial position.This is still no excuse . Only 3 SNP members where present on the day.Baillie John McLaughlin Councillor for Shettleston , Baillie Jo Docherty Councillor for Newlands and Auldburn and Councillor Glenn Elder councillor for Linn.If any of these represent you they need to be quizzed on why they approved this and what is the full cost also who will be paying for this event. The labour group had a civic reception with the Orange Order and had virtually agreed before it went to the Licence committee.The first the committee heard officially about this was after the seats and tents had started to be set out in George Square.

Maybe Agent Provocateurs - I would let teh Organge Walk go all over Sctoland - give them a big enough noose to hang themselves ....................

euan how many more years or decades do you suggest we give them? These councillors need to be asked why this was allowed to go ahead after the trouble it has caused over the years. Lets remember here the council would not approve a nationalist march a couple of months ago.

http://athousandflowers.net/2015/06/06/we-went-to-orangefest-and-its-future-didnt-look-very-bright/

One speaker warned the choice facing Orangeism was to either, “adapt and overcome” or “fossilise and fade.” Given today was the very first Orangefest in Glasgow, it looks like it‘s starting life as a faded fossil – but the fight against the dinosaurs will be a much bigger battle.

Soooooooooooooo....

First we need to elect SNP councillors to stop Orange Walks. But no SNP councils have stopped Orange Walks anywhere in Scotland? And SNP councillors approved this Orangefest in Glasgow?

Why do you think it is that folk see your posts as the rantings of a mentalist, peever?

euan how many more years or decades do you suggest we give them? These councillors need to be asked why this was allowed to go ahead after the trouble it has caused over the years. Lets remember here the council would not approve a nationalist march a couple of months ago.

I dunno what a nationalist march would consist of, but it doesn't sound very pleasant and sounds like it would have Tommy Sheridans greasy lying mitts all over it. Would also attract the wrong kind of hanger ons that the Orange type ones do. Kudos to the council for not approving.

The Ayatollah of the Fat Snooker Refs fraternity was interviewed on BBC Scotland this evening pontificating about how much of a 'tolerant' organisation that they are. Right ye are then, you must think we all button up the fukin back. So tell me what is tolerant about deliberately stopping outside Catholic churches, increasing the volume of their 'music' and intimidating Catholic parishoners (ask any parishoners of the local chapel in Abercromby St, Glasgow that have had to deal with these khunts in the past)? Oh and I speak from personal experience of members of my own family who were members of such a tolerant and welcoming society shunned me for the audacity of dating an RC lassie. I'm surprised I haven't been struck down by a bolt of lightning from said members from up above for actually marrying one as well.

The sooner this mob are run out of Scottish society and packed off back to Northern Ireland the better. I am all for free speech, but this vile organisation are up there with Captain Hooky of Finsbury Park Mosque in the religious incitement stakes. It is nothing but sheer and utter hatred from them, and my old man saw them for what they were and left them for those reasons.

Spot on!