Ticketing - Germany v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticketing

EddardStark

I got on the train today at Duisberg heading for Amsterdam.

We had a group booking and discovered that people were sitting in our six pre-allocated seats.

I told them that they were sitting in our seats and asked if they would mind moving so that we could take them.

One guy said that the same had happened to them. He showed me his tickets where their seat numbers were clearly printed and said that some people were sitting in their seats.

I asked how someone sitting in their seats had become our problem.

He agreed and moved and went to deal with the issue he had in the first place rather than passing it on to us.

Nice guy, saw the logic and I thanked him.

Edited by Flure

Nominated seats are fine if the stewarding in the stadium enforces it.

Nominated seats are fine and wouldn,t be a problem if supporters actually sat in the ones they were allocated.Fortunately some who are in the wrong seats are happy to move when asked,unfortunately some are not and that's when the problem arises

Nominated seats are fine if the stewarding in the stadium enforces it. If not it becomes a free for all as people want to sit with their mates or they can't find there seat. It would be a lot easier if seats were not nominated.

Three sentences and all trying to blame someone or something for a situation that is entirely caused by the selfishness of our own supporters. I honestly couldn't believe the situation in section 57, both stairwells to the main exit blocked meaning there must have been some amount of people sitting in the wrong seats. I also assumed the ones standing at the railings were without seats, surely you wouldn't just stand there.

John.....Willfraeswindon and I had a similar problem heading for Luxembourg yesterday.....I had paid for and reserved sets and on ticket was allocated coach 5 seats 91& 92...... Unfortunately coach 5 only had 46 seats as the other half of it was for bikes....feckin Deutsche Bahn rip off barstewards....I will be complaining to my MSP about unfair treatment of Scots travelling abroad

4 of our group had German end tickets and they all got in to the Scotland end.

You were free to wander about once you got in. I was wondering why I was the only Scotland fan in the karzis then realised I was in the 'home end' facilities.

I must admit I was guilty of not taking up my designated seat till the second half.

The row I was in had at least 4 folk in it that simply wanted to stand with their mates.What is all that about?

Lack of manners.

It's not difficult, there's a seat number printed on your ticket, so that's where you sit to watch the game. You want to sit with your mates, then book your tickets under one name.

Strathclyde's finest would move them if they tried that at Hampden or any of the other venues the SFA are renting for this campaign.

Too many people with German end tickets must've got in the away side. There was not a seat to be seen. The aisle and exits were murder polis

I was near the back of section 75 and there were loads of empty seats.

Dunno why the people who should have been there went elsewhere as the view was cracking.