Leaders Debate - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Should I just turn off after 20 minutes of rammy?

This is embarrassing - can it all be down to bad chairmanship for a second time in a few days?

I'm pleased it's on BBC Scotland - I've spent months/years explaining to the folk down South that Scottish politics is more civilised than the outdated WM politics of confrontation

Terrible debate, worst I have seen during the whole referendum and current GE campaigns. The only consolation is the SNP support is only going to become more entrenched and strong minded as these 4 verses 1 'debates' continue.

Didn't even know it was on until I noticed folk tweeting about it. Doesn't sound like it's worth catching up on iPlayer. Doubt there will have been many undecideds watching on a Sunday lunchtime politics show anyway. In fact I doubt there will have been many watching it full stop.

. Doubt there will have been many undecideds watching on a Sunday lunchtime politics show anyway. In fact I doubt there will have been many watching it full stop.

Isn't there one soon with Miliband and Green, Plaid and SNP etc. i.e. a break from Jim Murphy and could be ganging up anti Labour

Isn't there one soon with Miliband and Green, Plaid and SNP etc. i.e. a break from Jim Murphy and could be ganging up anti Labour

BBC have got one on Thursday with Miliband, Sturgeon, Farage, Wood and Bennett. Cameron and Clegg opted out. Dimbleby hosting.

BBC have got one on Thursday with Miliband, Sturgeon, Farage, Wood and Bennett. Cameron and Clegg opted out. Dimbleby hosting.

That's the one. Will be a quite different dynamic I should think.

I always been a labour / union person for 38 years, jim murphy doesn't represent me he's an embarrassment and has been seen as a bully in recent weeks for that reason I will vote snp wi ma postal vote, something I thought I would never do was to vote nationalist. Murphy makes my skin crawl

There's a danger that the opposition parties are trying, and to some extent, succeeding in dragging down Sturgeon to make her look just as bad as them. They know their ratings are grim as it is and the SNP support is already reasonable saturdated. Anything that undermines Sturgeon and makes it look less like a First Minister is probably good enough for them.

Hopefully many seen the debate for what it was.

Mindimoo - Murphy wouldn't look out of place in Jeremy Kyle, given his glue sniffing past.

Watching the faces on their introductions it may be that he hasn't given it or something else up... had the old stare and smirk... :whistling:

Shambolic turn-off though it was, people who saw it will at least see what happened.

Those who rely on the press will get things like:

Scottish Labour leader accuses first minister of making Scotland’s economic policy up as she goes along as third broadcast unravels

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/12/jim-murphy-nicola-sturgeon-clash-scotland-economy-fractious-tv-debate

Labour’s Jim Murphy accused Sturgeon of 'making it up as she goes along'

Potential economic short-fall of £7.6bn Scotland would face if given control of tax 'irrelevant', says Nicola Sturgeon

"Ms Sturgeon was repeatedly pressed to explain how Scotland could deliver twice the growth rate of the rest of the developed word, including the United States. There was no answer from her..."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/

Edited by exile