Tony Blair - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The best thing to come out of the Brooks affair was finding out Tony Blair needed sleeping tablets, i hate the cant.

I doubt it's his conscience that keeps him awake.

Hey why don't we have an ex leaders' debate and allow all the loose cannons to go off against each other with the gloves off?

Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, John Major, Michael Howard, Alex Salmond, Jim Sillars (and any other ex SNPbosses)

Hey why don't we have an ex leaders' debate and allow all the loose cannons to go off against each other with the gloves off?

Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, John Major, Michael Howard, Alex Salmond, Jim Sillars (and any other ex SNPbosses)

Don't think Sillars was ever SNP leader.

And Gordon Wilson might be best left out of the debate having heard his recent tv outbursts...

And Gordon Wilson might be best left out of the debate having heard his recent tv outbursts...

I was being a bit tongue in cheek. These guys (and including Gordon Wilson) are as likely to cause problems for their own parties, as to help them. So, it would be a fun debate.

Don't think Sillars was ever SNP leader.

...unless the state is in peril, like in the referendum run-up, when normal rules don't apply - with London broadsheets with headlines like "Nationalist leader calls for Day of Reckoning" etc.

You're just being daft.

I'm not voting based on being British or Scottish. I don't really care about that as much as the state of the economy.

Fair enough but Tony is sending out mixed messages

He said unionists must move beyond arguments based on reason...

https://www.politicshome.com/party-politics/articles/story/tackling-support-scottish-independence-herculean-task-says-blair

...though he doesn't seem to offer any solution other than his main argument against independence which is rational - economic

Edited by exile