Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours - Page 15 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours

ProudScot

Im pleased with McArthur at Palace, pardew must be chuffed with him when hes offering him a 3 year extension. I forgot about Hendries move to West Ham.

I hope something comes of him, It would be great to see him get a run out at pre season games

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im pleased with McArthur at Palace, pardew must be chuffed with him when hes offering him a 3 year extension. I forgot about Hendries move to West Ham.

I hope something comes of him, It would be great to see him get a run out at pre season games

Hope he gets a run out in the Europa League as they have a few of those games to go before the season starts. In fact they are playing in Thursday.

Stephen Hendrie is now officially a West Ham Player, question is will he go into their development squad or into the first team squad.

From what I've seen of him, quite a fair bit, he has no chance of making it there or ever playing for Scotland. Not one for knocking young Scottish players but he just ain't very good. Accies definitely got a great deal with the sale. Past success stories undoubtedly played its part. Will be delighted to be proved wrong but I highly doubt it.

Happy for Hendrie but sure I read recently the lad Cresswell has signed a new deal? He's a very good left back.

Cresswell has been excellent for West Ham since his move from Ipswich. All the rumours are about West Ham becoming a very rich club as they prepare to move into their new stadium, if that's the case they wont need to sell their brightest assets and I suspect, unless Creswell gets crocked, that Hendrie's oportunities may be very limited tho' I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

As WGS once said, "football has no morals"

Cantona kung fu style kick at crystal palace, john terry racism and infidelity.

As long as the players do the buissness on the pitch and win games they will be tolerated by their clubs.

Then we have FIFA banging on about fairplay, the biggest crooks of them all.

If it wasn't so tragic it would be funny.

Josh McEachran has signed a 4 year deal with Brentdord.... so effectively a end of his England career and probably will not be long before Strachan starts sniffing around?

Hmmmm, I think we have lots of good midfielders that will be ahead of him in the pecking order. Shame as both him mum and Dad are scottish but played for England at every level from under 16s to under 21s and even for me that would stick in the craw a wee bit.

22 August 2012. Mark Wotte has had a chat with Josh McEachran, Chelsea's English-born midfielder with Scottish parents, but the Scottish Football Association performance director has not sensed any desire for the player to switch allegiance from England. (Sunday Times)

Edited by kmcca5

Hmmmm, I think we have lots of good midfielders that will be ahead of him in the pecking order. Shame as both him mum and Dad are scottish but played for England at every level from under 16s to under 21s and even for me that would stick in the craw a wee bit.

22 August 2012. Mark Wotte has had a chat with Josh McEachran, Chelsea's English-born midfielder with Scottish parents, but the Scottish Football Association performance director has not sensed any desire for the player to switch allegiance from England. (Sunday Times)

Agree in the short term I would probably find it highly unlikely that Strachan will acknowledge him, but if hits the ground running and Brentfords new "Moneyball" approach to signing players does prove to be a success, do not be surprised if Strachan does make a inquiry.

Squirrelhumper, on 10 Jul 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

hopefully not, he's pish.

Squirrelhumper, on 10 Jul 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

And English

The voice of reason. Although Wanderer was happy enough to see Garry Kenneth selected, so that sums up his ability to judge a player.

would prefer to see arfield get a shout ahead of him for sure

Coll Donaldson has left QPR by mutual consent. Is now on trial at Dundee United.

I suppose this is the upside of how many young players from United are getting big moves. We must surely be the destination of choice for the cream of the crop.

Donaldson signed/signing for Utd according to Courier. Quite pleased with that, exactly the sort of guy we should be picking up. Probably should be relegated to Non TA forum for the time being though.

Potentially brilliant signing.