Kids Football - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Looking for a bit of advice. We're looking for somewhere to take our under 10s for an end of season treat. It had originally been proposed that we could take a trip to Lennoxtown where the boys can get a training session from Celtic coaches and a tour of the facility.

Now there's a bit of disquiet as being in Glasgow we should probably keep our club away from either of the Old Firm, and I can see the point.

My question - do any of the less contentious clubs in the area do something similar? I've had a look at Killie, Motherwell, St Mirren and the Jags but can't see anything. The SFA don't seem to do anything either, which is mental. Tie it in with a tour of the Museum and the Stadium and it could be a nice little earner.

If you called or emailed motherwell with an idea of the sort of thing you're after, I'm sure they'd try to do something, as would any of the community minded clubs.

If you don't ask, you don't get, as they say.

Phone St Mirren. Their coaches will do sessions and you can get that on the astro at the side of the stadium. Doubt they'd get on the big pitch but they normally include match day tickets etc.

They are pretty good at that sort of stuff.

We took them up to Hampden , did the tour (museum maybe more interesting for coaches), stadium great for kids if they have never been. Also there was / is an astro area undeneath for penalty/power shots etc. Fantastic for kids of approx that age.

We took them up to Hampden , did the tour (museum maybe more interesting for coaches), stadium great for kids if they have never been. Also there was / is an astro area undeneath for penalty/power shots etc. Fantastic for kids of approx that age.

Museum is definitely for the auld yins but the stadium tour is good fun.