Gff Saying Game Could Be Behind Closed Doors - Page 4 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gff Saying Game Could Be Behind Closed Doors

wanderer

THE POINT I MADE YESTERDAY ABOUT A BEHIND CLOSED DOORS SANCTION (IF IT ENDS UP BEING APPLIED) IS THAT IT SHOULD BE LEGALLY CHALLENGED AS IT IS CLEARLY UNJUST TO PUNISH SUPPORTERS WHO HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG. IT'S JUST NOT RIGHT THAT UEFA, OR WHOEVER, GET AWAY WITH THAT. I'M NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED IN THE RECENT EXAMPLE OF N.I. BUT MY UNDERSTANDING IS THAT IT INVOLVED INTENSIVE LOBBYING BY JIM BOYCE WHO IS HIGH UP IN FIFA. AT RANGERS WE JUST KIND OF ACCEPTED IT WHEN IT HAPPENED IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AT THE SAN SIRO. BUT ON REFLECTION I THINK IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN LEGALLY CHALLENGED.

:ok:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE POINT I MADE YESTERDAY ABOUT A BEHIND CLOSED DOORS SANCTION (IF IT ENDS UP BEING APPLIED) IS THAT IT SHOULD BE LEGALLY CHALLENGED AS IT IS CLEARLY UNJUST TO PUNISH SUPPORTERS WHO HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG. IT'S JUST NOT RIGHT THAT UEFA, OR WHOEVER, GET AWAY WITH THAT. I'M NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED IN THE RECENT EXAMPLE OF N.I. BUT MY UNDERSTANDING IS THAT IT INVOLVED INTENSIVE LOBBYING BY JIM BOYCE WHO IS HIGH UP IN FIFA. AT RANGERS WE JUST KIND OF ACCEPTED IT WHEN IT HAPPENED IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AT THE SAN SIRO. BUT ON REFLECTION I THINK IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN LEGALLY CHALLENGED.

I'M AGREEING WITH YOU MATE!!

I think we will have to wait and see. But as I said, I'd be expecting my association and supporters club to be formally challenging this ruling on behalf of anyone booked up before 21st May to be let in in some capacity.

Lets say 1,000 travel, with say 300 yet to book. Thats 700 that are affected and will need to be let in.

Dont see it as an issue, the point will have been made, and fans who have forked out for one of the most expensive trips of all qualifying groups arnt out of pocket.

That said, I'll still be going, even if its behind closed doors, as the sunk (and biggest) costs are the flights and they are gone.

But IMO, at worst they will get a fine and a section of the ground being closed to home fans.

J

I think we will have to wait and see. But as I said, I'd be expecting my association and supporters club to be formally challenging this ruling on behalf of anyone booked up before 21st May to be let in in some capacity.

Lets say 1,000 travel, with say 300 yet to book. Thats 700 that are affected and will need to be let in.

Dont see it as an issue, the point will have been made, and fans who have forked out for one of the most expensive trips of all qualifying groups arnt out of pocket. .

J

What the SSC have always said whenever being challenged on Twitter, Facebook etc about not selling away match tickets or even stating what away allocations is in the close run up to game ie. Germany, they make it clear not to make ANY travel arrangements until you have been allocated an official SSC ticket.

Anyone who has booked up and it does get played behind closed door(Which I'd be very, very surprised if it does) then they won't have a leg to stand on unfortunately

What the SSC have always said whenever being challenged on Twitter, Facebook etc about not selling away match tickets or even stating what away allocations is in the close run up to game ie. Germany, they make it clear not to make ANY travel arrangements until you have been allocated an official SSC ticket.

Anyone who has booked up and it does get played behind closed door(Which I'd be very, very surprised if it does) then they won't have a leg to stand on unfortunately

Is it not until the venue is announced that they say not to book, not if you can actually get a ticket?

Is it not until the venue is announced that they say not to book, not if you can actually get a ticket?

I'm sure they were saying to not to book for Germany late on. Dortmund was announced months and months in advance. They don't want to encourage fans travelling without SSC tickets Edited by DoonTheSlope

I want to make my travel arrangements early but don't know if I will get a ticket yet - what should I do?

We do not recommend making travel arrangements until you have been guaranteed an official ticket. We do understand that the cost of travelling can increase the nearer to travelling you book, however the choice to do this is at each members own discretion and we cannot be responsible if you find you do not qualify for a ticket after booking.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_faqs.cfm?page=3143#q460

They can put as many disclaimers in as they want.

Let's remember what they are and are supposed to be. A supporters club.

I'd be expecting them to roll up their sleeves and helping their members out, not washing their hands and saying "read the small print".

They also need to live in the real world. Low cost flights work because people can book far in advance. Fair dos if the SSC didn't get enough tickets and I didn't get one (as per your quote about booking flights), but being locked out when it was reasonable to expect that I would get a ticket, is another matter.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

Dont see it as an issue, the point will have been made, and fans who have forked out for one of the most expensive trips of all qualifying groups arnt out of pocket.

That said, I'll still be going, even if its behind closed doors, as the sunk (and biggest) costs are the flights and they are gone.

But IMO, at worst they will get a fine and a section of the ground being closed to home fans.

J

This.

Couldn't agree more pal. Will still be there - They better have a huge TV on in the square ;-)

SSC says if you don't qualify for a ticket due to points table. That is completely different to being locked out a stadium.

It's quite a shame that people who aren't going are more obsessed about about weather we get a point or not than the fact some of their fellow club members having spent £500 odd pound to go and we might not get into the game through no fault of our own.

Edited by radian_13

Why are some people having a go at the ssc? Everything at this stage is purely speculation, and even if we do end up with a ban it won't be their fault

Agree, if the worst case scenario does occurr I fully expect the SSC to fight Uefa just like the northen irish did,

Pretty confident it wont come to that though. :ok:

SSC says if you don't qualify for a ticket due to points table. That is completely different to being locked out a stadium.

It's quite a shame that people who aren't going are more obsessed about about weather we get a point or not than the fact some of their fellow club members having spent £500 odd pound to go and we might not get into the game through no fault of our own.

SSC says to wait until you are allocated an official ticket. Not being allocated an official ticket would certainly come under the closed doors scenario.

I too would expect the SSC or SFA to lobby on our behalf if this were to pass, however legally we would not have a leg to stand on if we made travel arrangements without having been allocated an official ticket first.

All that said, I doubt this will happen - usual lazy journalism at work here.

I'm not disagreeing that the SSC/SFA should fight on our behalf. What I'm saying is if the fight for people who've booked before 21 May then they should do likewise for people who book after.

How can they bleat about not booking till you have a ticket then, fight on the folk who've already booked behalf then disregard the people who've followed the SSC guidelines off waiting

The SSC won't care a jot about cheap flights getting nearer the time, they've stated this in the past and will say read the small

Either way it WONT be behind closed doors

I'm not disagreeing that the SSC/SFA should fight on our behalf. What I'm saying is if the fight for people who've booked before 21 May then they should do likewise for people who book after.

How can they bleat about not booking till you have a ticket then, fight on the folk who've already booked behalf then disregard the people who've followed the SSC guidelines off waiting

The SSC won't care a jot about cheap flights getting nearer the time, they've stated this in the past and will say read the small

Either way it WONT be behind closed doors

That's an easy one to answer.

After the 21st of May, there's no excuse as it has been announced that it is behind closed doors.

Before then it would be reasonable to assume you would get in.

Why would you book after it is declared behind closed doors?

J

That's an easy one to answer.

After the 21st of May, there's no excuse as it has been announced that it is behind closed doors.

Before then it would be reasonable to assume you would get in.

Why would you book after it is declared behind closed doors?

J

If it is behind closed doors then there is no tickets to allocate. The SSC can't preach about telling people not to book up without having a ticket.

I agree the prices off flights etc but no one has forced anyone to book up this early. Either nobody gets in or everyone in club gets in

The instances in Georgia are so different to what went on in Serbia and Montenegro, I feel the punishments will effect that. Section of Stadium closed will be the worst Georgia will get.

Unless Georgia have had previous then they should get a warning and a fine.