Gff Saying Game Could Be Behind Closed Doors - Page 5 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gff Saying Game Could Be Behind Closed Doors

wanderer

If it is behind closed doors then there is no tickets to allocate. The SSC can't preach about telling people not to book up without having a ticket.

I agree the prices off flights etc but no one has forced anyone to book up this early. Either nobody gets in or everyone in club gets in

It's all about reasonableness.

Is it reasonable to expect fans to book up as soon as the venue is announced? Yes.

Is it reasonable for fans to book a flight after the announcement has been made that the game is behind closed doors and expect to get in? No.

IMHO it is the former who are genuinely agrieved and the latter who haven't got a prayer.

The "dont book before getting a ticket" is to stop people complaining because of missing out over points, not when somthing extraordinary happens like closed doors.

IIRC when the Dublin game moved from the Friday to the Sunday there was a cutoff for the date for recompense from the SFA. Makes sense for this to be the same.

It's all a moot point anyway as at worst they will get a fine and possible a section of the ground closed.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE POINT I MADE YESTERDAY ABOUT A BEHIND CLOSED DOORS SANCTION (IF IT ENDS UP BEING APPLIED) IS THAT IT SHOULD BE LEGALLY CHALLENGED AS IT IS CLEARLY UNJUST TO PUNISH SUPPORTERS WHO HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG. IT'S JUST NOT RIGHT THAT UEFA, OR WHOEVER, GET AWAY WITH THAT. I'M NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED IN THE RECENT EXAMPLE OF N.I. BUT MY UNDERSTANDING IS THAT IT INVOLVED INTENSIVE LOBBYING BY JIM BOYCE WHO IS HIGH UP IN FIFA. AT RANGERS WE JUST KIND OF ACCEPTED IT WHEN IT HAPPENED IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AT THE SAN SIRO. BUT ON REFLECTION I THINK IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN LEGALLY CHALLENGED.

Ah, the closed doors game where the bigot party songs were still heard.