Mislaid Tickets - No Reprints? - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mislaid Tickets - No Reprints?

joanneg3333

We are members of SSC and have full season ticket package. We had our NI tickets sent out and can't locate them, SSC are refusing to reprint and state that if we want to attend we need to buy new tickets - I think it is ridiculous considering it isn't a sold out game and we can pick them up on the night using our photo ID - and we have paid out enough money!

Anyone else had this problem and resolved it?

Thanks

We are members of SSC and have full season ticket package. We had our NI tickets sent out and can't locate them, SSC are refusing to reprint and state that if we want to attend we need to buy new tickets - I think it is ridiculous considering it isn't a sold out game and we can pick them up on the night using our photo ID - and we have paid out enough money!

Thanks

Ourageously bad customer relations from the Marketing Ivory Tower.

An opportunity to earn a little bit of goodwill from some supporters and the SSC go and piss it into the wind.

It's the SSC's duty to ensure delivery of the tickets that you have paid for. Check your rights under consumer legislation, as proof of posting cannot be taken as proof of delivery, so stand your ground with them.

Surely the SSC must know what section, row and seat number they issued you with? Why they then can't cancel these and issue you with new ones is beyond me. For a recent Aberdeen home game at Pittodrie my ticket hadn't arrived by post. The day before the game i phoned up to say it hadn't arrived. No problem they would cancel it and issue me with a new one for the same seat. Picked it up when i got to Pittodrie. Easy and hassle free.

Can they prove they ever delivered them to you?

and if so they must be able to identify and cancel the barcodes linked to the initial issued tickets to make sure if they have fallen into the wrong hands that its not a scam to get more free tickets.

Thanks

Quite frankly this is Bollox. Remember if you get them sent special delivery they can reprint, no reason why they can't reprint.

As an aside, in this day of barcoding I left it late getting Bath rugby tickets which simply didn't turn up. £100 worth of tickets. Called the ticket office, explained the situation and the girl said no problem, come to the TO on match day an collect.

Went in and picked them up no bother.

Why this can't be done at Hampden for a game that is in a half empty ground is beyond me.

I can sort of understand for sold out, do or die games like the Italy game in 2007 or Holland in 2003. As you could have sold them on then claimed that they were missing.

But NI on a Wednesday night with the ground half empty, FFS SSC, a bit of perspective please.

J

It's the SSC's duty to ensure delivery of the tickets that you have paid for. Check your rights under consumer legislation, as proof of posting cannot be taken as proof of delivery, so stand your ground with them.

This is bang on - It's the SFA's duty to get the tickets to you, if they choose to use a 3rd party - royal mail, courier or whatever - to deliver, that's their choice but it's still down to them if it goes wrong in terms of responsibility

Thanks everyone... it was escalated to the Head of Supporters Centre to no avail... see below (I don't think they did come by special delivery? I can't remember).

Thank you for your email. I understand from my colleagues that you have misplaced your Northern Ireland tickets which were sent to you by special delivery.
Unfortunately we are unable to replace these tickets as we do not have access control here at Hampden Park. These tickets were despatched and received by you and consequently I am unable to assist you further.
The only good news is that after a mass search and some pulling out of furniture they have been located!!! I did respond to the email above to advise of this but I also asked if there was somewhere I could escalate my complaint too as they need to find a solution for other members should it happen again and just saying no wasn't really acceptable - or good customer service.

Thanks everyone... it was escalated to the Head of Supporters Centre to no avail... see below (I don't think they did come by special delivery? I can't remember).

Thank you for your email. I understand from my colleagues that you have misplaced your Northern Ireland tickets which were sent to you by special delivery.
Unfortunately we are unable to replace these tickets as we do not have access control here at Hampden Park. These tickets were despatched and received by you and consequently I am unable to assist you further.
The only good news is that after a mass search and some pulling out of furniture they have been located!!! I did respond to the email above to advise of this but I also asked if there was somewhere I could escalate my complaint too as they need to find a solution for other members should it happen again and just saying no wasn't really acceptable - or good customer service.

Right where were they ?

Need to know in case I ever lose mine.

Sums up the attitude of the management of the SSC. Even if they had been sent special delivery, then why not show a modicum of good grace and bloody well try to help by pointing out that they had been delivered through the tracking slip?

But no, once they've got our money we are disposable.

Really and truly astonishing, Personal attention and personal service went out with the advent of the internet.

I had a recent experience with SSC in which there customer service was outstanding. Very easy to jump on the bandwagon and criticise after the pricing rise (which I agree was out of order) but there are some good people working there.

I agree that there are some excellent people working there, and they are very much appreciated. I have nothing but praise for any personal dealings I have had with the staff over 20+ years.

However, the SSC has corporately lost a considerable amount of goodwill due to the way they have viewed their customer base over the last three years. That is undeniable.

Quite frankly this is Bollox. Remember if you get them sent special delivery they can reprint, no reason why they can't reprint.

As an aside, in this day of barcoding I left it late getting Bath rugby tickets which simply didn't turn up. £100 worth of tickets. Called the ticket office, explained the situation and the girl said no problem, come to the TO on match day an collect.

Went in and picked them up no bother.

Why this can't be done at Hampden for a game that is in a half empty ground is beyond me.

I can sort of understand for sold out, do or die games like the Italy game in 2007 or Holland in 2003. As you could have sold them on then claimed that they were missing.

But NI on a Wednesday night with the ground half empty, FFS SSC, a bit of perspective please.

J

funny you mention that era. i arranged to go to a game back in 2004ish, lithuania or something at home. Got through and mate had organised us tickets etc. as we walked to the ground he told me if we are asked we bough our tickets off a boy in the pub. Sure enough in the ground game kicks off and 2 other people come to take "our" seats 4 match tickets identical for the same 2 seats. No idea what had happened and i never asked my mate where they came from but after that i joined the travel club and got my own tickets.

Surely the SSC must know what section, row and seat number they issued you with? Why they then can't cancel these and issue you with new ones is beyond me. For a recent Aberdeen home game at Pittodrie my ticket hadn't arrived by post. The day before the game i phoned up to say it hadn't arrived. No problem they would cancel it and issue me with a new one for the same seat. Picked it up when i got to Pittodrie. Easy and hassle free.

Easy enough to do with those tickets when they are scanned to get in.

They can deactivate your original.