Liverpool V Man Utd - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Liverpool V Man Utd

And i thought you knew a bit about footy, how wrong can one man be :-))

PS What are your plans for next weekend, are you going a la carte with ED or slumming it with Tam Ritchie tours.

:lol:

Negative for me buddy, enjoy yourself and watch yourself with Tam !

See you in Dublin if not before :ok:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to Henderson on that thing on sky were the journos talk shite they were chugging over how great he was and how he'll be the replacement for the stamper.

I must be missing something as I think he is dreadful?

You and me both,think he's the most overrated player in the epl,he was invisible today and often is against decent opposition.

You and me both,think he's the most overrated player in the epl,he was invisible today and often is against decent opposition.

I think he is decent. Puts in some amount of graft for his team. Reports I've read are that he has been one of liverpools top performers over that good run they were on.

Agree they hype him up but certainly don't think he is rubbish.

I think he is decent. Puts in some amount of graft for his team. Reports I've read are that he has been one of liverpools top performers over that good run they were on.

Agree they hype him up but certainly don't think he is rubbish.

He's a trier ill give him that but quality wise he's way off the mark. I do genuinely think he's rubbish.

He's a trier ill give him that but quality wise he's way off the mark. I do genuinely think he's rubbish.

Aye fair one m8, all about opinions. I just see him as a hard working, honest player. With the amount of utter bell ends in that league I tend to appreciate lads like him a bit more.

Aye fair one m8, all about opinions. I just see him as a hard working, honest player. With the amount of utter bell ends in that league I tend to appreciate lads like him a bit more.

Aye fair enough,appreciate that,still disnae mean he's quality tho. Could fill the whole squad full of "triers" and good guys and get relegated.

As much as i hate to admit utd were the better team on sunday although liverpool played better with 10 it just didnt happen.Maybe gerrard deserved to go but why in this day and age in such a high profile game did the ref no tell him to cool it and book him due to him just coming on.A bit of commonsense goes a long way unfortunately refs dont have it any more.It would have took all the heat out the game and the players would have a respected it a lot as it was the sending off made things worse.He sends gerrard off and the game reaches boiling point then jones comes in with an horrendous challenge on a liverpool player and should have see red but no he only gets booked.We then have the ridiculous situation where di maria catches the ball yes CATCHES THE BALL on the pitch when he thinks its out but doesnt even get a booking.The manks despite playing well were still at the capers and got away with it although skrtel will get a 3 match for his late challenge on di gea.It isnt over regarding 4th place but it certainly wont be easy getting there.

Maybe gerrard deserved to go but why in this day and age in such a high profile game did the ref no tell him to cool it and book him due to him just coming on.A bit of commonsense goes a long way unfortunately refs dont have it any more.It would have took all the heat out the game and the players would have a respected it a lot as it was the sending off made things worse.

There's no maybe about it, this wasn't a 50/50 aggressive tackle or a bad foul. He stamped on another player. Common sense was to send him off before he caused anymore damage and seriously injured someone. He would have lost any respect if he didn't send him off.

Granted I half watched it but didn't think it was that rough a game overall

Fair enough the game is about opinions so what is your opinion on rooneys challenge on mignolet which could have broke his ankle or worse still jones assault on henderson which only brought a booking.They were just as bad as gerrards but for some reason they got away with it and we then had the sub goalie di maria plucking a ball out the sky and not even getting booked.WTF is going on with the refs.

Fair enough the game is about opinions so what is your opinion on rooneys challenge on mignolet which could have broke his ankle or worse still jones assault on henderson which only brought a booking.They were just as bad as gerrards but for some reason they got away with it and we then had the sub goalie di maria plucking a ball out the sky and not even getting booked.WTF is going on with the refs.

Mind the Di Maria one and did think it was odd he wasn't booked.

Don't remember any other tackles being worthy of anymore than a booking.

Hope you are not expecting an honest opinion form the anti Scouse / Liverpool FC / Gerrard brigade, they are unable to give you an honest justifiable debate especially chief saddo Parkgetalife :ok: .

Hope you are not expecting an honest opinion form the anti Scouse / Liverpool FC / Gerrard brigade, they are unable to give you an honest justifiable debate especially chief saddo Parkgetalife :ok: .

Nae worries ScousepavingslabthugEddie. :ok:

As much as i hate to admit utd were the better team on sunday although liverpool played better with 10 it just didnt happen.Maybe gerrard deserved to go but why in this day and age in such a high profile game did the ref no tell him to cool it and book him due to him just coming on.A bit of commonsense goes a long way unfortunately refs dont have it any more.It would have took all the heat out the game and the players would have a respected it a lot as it was the sending off made things worse.He sends gerrard off and the game reaches boiling point then jones comes in with an horrendous challenge on a liverpool player and should have see red but no he only gets booked.We then have the ridiculous situation where di maria catches the ball yes CATCHES THE BALL on the pitch when he thinks its out but doesnt even get a booking.The manks despite playing well were still at the capers and got away with it although skrtel will get a 3 match for his late challenge on di gea.It isnt over regarding 4th place but it certainly wont be easy getting there.

Of the stuff you mention here, I've only seen the sending off and the handball and you are showing a fair amount of ignorance regarding the laws of the game.

Deliberate handball is a mandatory caution under the following circumstances:

handles the ball to prevent an opponent gaining possession or developing
an attack (other than the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
handles the ball in an attempt to score a goal (irrespective of whether or
not the attempt is successful).
Neither apply to the incident you draw attention to.
Having said that, as a Scot getting worked up about a game involving two foreign clubs, I'm guessing you are a bit dim anyway.
Edited by Cove_Sheep

but why in this day and age in such a high profile game did the ref no tell him to cool it and book him due to him just coming on

You think folk who've just came on as a sub should have free reign to stamp on opponents and get away with just a booking?

It was an act of thuggery by a scumbag and a coward. It was given the punishment it merited.

The only help the ref could have given to Gerrard was to book him (or at least give a foul against him) for the challenge on Mata & diffuse the situation. He choose to let that go & Gerrard thought he could get away with anything - 20 secs later he was proved wrong.

I agree Jones should probably have gone but I also think Balotelli was a very lucky boy.

Nae worries ScousepavingslabthugEddie. :ok:

Of all the examples you could have chosen the best you could come up with is that, keep trying getalife, but don't worry mate your chief sidekick Cove has jumped in to assist. :-))

Of all the examples you could have chosen the best you could come up with is that, keep trying getalife, but don't worry mate your chief sidekick Cove has jumped in to assist. :-))

:lol:

Jumped in to assist by asking which part of the laws of the game made the boy catching the ball a caution?

Really?

You're right, i should've called you the ScouseWallPusherEddie.

...A bit of commonsense goes a long way unfortunately refs dont have it any more...

...We then have the ridiculous situation where di maria catches the ball yes CATCHES THE BALL on the pitch when he thinks its out but doesnt even get a booking...

You could say the ref was applying a bit of commonsense there.

You could say the ref was applying a bit of commonsense there.

He was just applying the laws. Handball is only a booking if it stops the ball reaching an opponent.