Goal Or Not? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Goal Or Not?

I'd say if the guy is jockeying or moving to get in the keepers way, it's a foul.

In this case, he doesn't really, I think he's being a bawbag and what he's doing is against the spirit of the law, if not the law itself?

I'd say it's the keepers fault for hitting the ball off him. Was the keeper trying to get him booked? Or being a martyr?

Goal for me.

No goal, By moving the player is delaying the restart of play. Correct decision indirect free kick, yellow card.

If he was inside the box yes I'd agree but he is outside the box so surely he can do that if he wants. The keeper also has the whole box to kick the ball out but looks like he kicked it off the player on purpose. Keppers fault.

He is still delaying the CONTINUANCE of play by denying the keeper the opportunity to punt the ball upfield!

If was was standing in the box yes but the keeper had plenty of space to kick it, he was standing outside the box. How far back should he be standing.

At a free kick the wall are 10 yards away and can jump about all they want. If they move forward then they are encroaching. Don't see much difference here, since he was outside the box.

When Alan Combe did it against Aberdeen the player was only a couple of yards further away than this player. Kepper's fault again then.

The offence would be that of stopping the goalie releasing the ball from his hands, which I don't think he was doing. There's no 'back 10 yards' rule or anything & no rule that says if the ball hits a player within x yards it's an obstruction offence so I can't see how that's not a goal. Think the ref just bottled it & thought it looked like it should be disallowed so he did.

seems a harsh decision to me.............I've been wrong about these thing recently though :-))

What the laws say:

• It is an offence for a player to prevent a goalkeeper from releasing the ball from his hands

• A player must be penalised for playing in a dangerous manner if he kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it

• It is an offence to restrict the movement of the goalkeeper by unfairly impeding him, e.g. at the taking of a corner kick

Is it up to the player to get out of the way or for the keeper to move to the side? Doesn't seem like the attacker does much, keeper just boots it off him

Edited by Angus_Young