Cheltenham - Page 4 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Like many others i won today but it feels as if i have lost. Annie Power was an absolute gut wrencher

It would indeed have been the day of all days gambling wise

Whats worse is that it was not just the bookies that were trying to jinx it but also the professional pundits who had appeared on the tv the last 2-3 weeks trying to talk everyone off the favourites

I had ante post trebles & accumulator - Douvan, Faugheen, Annie Power & Peace and Co on Friday

Put another one on yesterday with Douvan, Un de Sceaux, Faugheen and Annie Power

It would have been brilliant seeing the bookies well and truly skelpt - you could see the fear they had around 1pm when quizzed about the 4 of Mullins horses winning

Even worse was i had an e/w lucky 15 - Shaneshill 14/1, The Druids Nephew 8/1, Arctic Fire 20/1 & The Pirate Queen at 25/1 in Annie Power's race.

So when Annie Power fell i had a couple of seconds of saying if The Pirate Queen (which was now in 3rd place) stays there i'll get £500 for my wee lucky 15 placer

I had the placepot for 60p as small compensation

FFS

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like many others i won today but it feels as if i have lost. Annie Power was an absolute gut wrencher

It would indeed have been the day of all days gambling wise

Whats worse is that it was not just the bookies that were trying to jinx it but also the professional pundits who had appeared on the tv the last 2-3 weeks trying to talk everyone off the favourites

I had ante post trebles & accumulator - Douvan, Faugheen, Annie Power & Peace and Co on Friday

Put another one on yesterday with Douvan, Un de Sceaux, Faugheen and Annie Power

It would have been brilliant seeing the bookies well and truly skelpt - you could see the fear they had around 1pm when quizzed about the 4 of Mullins horses winning

Even worse was i had an e/w lucky 15 - Shaneshill 14/1, The Druids Nephew 8/1, Arctic Fire 20/1 & The Pirate Queen at 25/1 in Annie Power's race.

So when Annie Power fell i had a couple of seconds of saying if The Pirate Queen (which was now in 3rd place) stays there i'll get £500 for my wee lucky 15 placer

I had the placepot for 60p as small compensation

FFS

You seem to know your horses m'man, what are your thoughts on Ruby Walsh's Adriane des Mottes?? 25/1 in tomorrow's 2.05. Got £2.5 ew on it and got in an ew treble. Might stick £5 outright too

I'm no a big horse man but got a couple of tips today and got a wee buzz out of it

You seem to know your horses m'man, what are your thoughts on Ruby Walsh's Adriane des Mottes?? 25/1 in tomorrow's 2.05. Got £2.5 ew on it and got in an ew treble. Might stick £5 outright too

I'm no a big horse man but got a couple of tips today and got a wee buzz out of it

I'd never talk anyone out of betting their fancy - especially when it's a Mullins & Walsh horse

My thoughts are that it's a two horse race

Don Poli is thought of as next year's Gold Cup winner and has the beating of Adriana des Mottes through their form with Apache Stronghold but Kings Palace has been really impressive against lesser opposition this year especially at Cheltenham on goodish ground.

Only thing that's putting me onto Don Poli is that the form of the horses Kings Palace has beaten is not so good now

Vivaldi Collonges & Return Spring were both unplaced in handicaps today

However 25/1 is a good e/w on your fancy so fire in

I'd never talk anyone out of betting their fancy - especially when it's a Mullins & Walsh horse

Don Poli is thought of as next year's Gold Cup winner and has the beating of Adriana des Mottes through their form with Apache Stronghold but Kings Palace has been really impressive against lesser opposition this year especially at Cheltenham on goodish ground.

Only thing that's putting me onto Don Poli is that the form of the horses Kings Palace has beaten is not so good now

Vivaldi Collonges & Return Spring were both unplaced in handicaps today

However 25/1 is a good e/w on your fancy so fire in

Top Man!! Cheers :-)

Other than Don Poli, I like the look of The Young Master in this one.

Edited by BremnerLorimerGray

Other than Don Poli, I like the look of The Young Master in this one.

Wouldnt put you off - handicap form going into novice chases usually stands up well

The difference is that King's Palace has won Class 2 and 3 novice chases whereas Don Poli has won a Grade 1 novice in Ireland beating Apache Stronghold

That horse has form with Valseur Lido and Vautour

Nonetheless i can remember when Harcon came over from Ireland with the same credentials as Don Poli ...and got pumped

Like so many other people Annir Power turned what should have been an excellent day in to a disappointment. I had the first 4 winners but was only 80 quid up as Douvan, Un De Soceaux and Faugheen were accied with Annie Power and would have returned me about 800 quid. I was sitting with my thumb poised over the cash out button the whole race and if I'd had any indication she didn't look like winning I'd have taken the money and ran. The only time I relaxed was about 3 seconds before the fall when it looked like she was cruising. It's the most gutted I've ever been losing a race. Between all of us watching it in th boozer it cost us over £5K. We then had a speculative group bet on the last and picked Irish Cavalier so that softened the blow a fraction. To have 5 out of 7 winners and only be just over £100 up is a bit galling though although I suppose a win is a win. Got money rolling on to Spriter Sacre today for about £300 so hopefully that'll get me off to a flyer.

Got 4 £1 - £1.25 e/w trebles on the go and stuck £2 on Walsh's Adriana des Mottes at 25/1. Surely I'll get something back??

I've had a good season on the beautiful game so I'm just experimenting with the ponys.

Nichols Canyon 7/2

Don Poli 7/4

Sir de Grugy 3/1

£1.25 e/w treble

Sprinter Sacre 3/1

Parlour Games 5/1

Don Poli 7/4

£1.25 e/w treble

Sir de Grugy 3/1

Nichols Canyon 7/2

Goodwood Mirage 12/1 *5 Places on Betfred

£1.21 e/w treble

Nichols Canyon 7/2

Adriana des Mottes 25/1

Champagne Fever 5/1

£1 e/w treble

Surely I'll break even if nothing else

Edited by DoonTheSlope

Surely I'll get something back??

Surely I'll break even if nothing else

This .. is the quickest way to the poor hoose !!!

But good luck with your selections

They tame lions at this game!!!!!!!

How very true is that.

Finished level on the day yesterday.

Well done with cause of causes.

Today is a much better gambling card.

Will take don poli in the rsa.

Sire de grugy or champagne fever in the qm.

And goodwood mirage with ap on board in the coral cup.

The bumper, well we shall c.

Best of luck to all.

• Today's speculation:
  • NICHOLS CANYON @ 4/1(Horse Racing Outright)
  • KINGS PALACE @ 9/2(Horse Racing Outright)
  • SPRINTER SACRE @ 7/2(Horse Racing Outright)

Multiple Type: Trixie Stake: 20.00 Possible Return: 992.50

• LAC FONTANA @ 20/1(Horse Racing Outright - Race)
  • DUKE OF LUCCA @ 6/1(Horse Racing Outright - Race)
  • ZARIB @ 12/1(Horse Racing Outright - Race)
  • SUPASUNDAE @ 12/1(Horse Racing Outright - Race)

Multiple Type: Lucky 15 (EW) Stake: 30.00 Possible Return: N/A

after pretty successful day 1 day 2 could be one for the bookies two stand out for me uncle junior 16/1 4.00 chelt and baron alco 20/14.40 chelt.each way sgls and ew dbl.

foot note was told to watch out for royal classic this week it runs at huntingdon today took 7/1 usually quite reliable tip source

The experts say Sprinter Sacre has got no chance.I don't fancy it either .

I wouldn't back it with your cash.

Although Champagne Fever is now out :(

It'll be a no bet for me or maybe a small stake Dodging Bullets. Every runner has holes in it's form.

foot note was told to watch out for royal classic this week it runs at huntingdon today took 7/1 usually quite reliable tip source

It's been hammered in from 8's to 4's on Bet365!

ffs 4s parklife, never ran as a 4 yo as was light made up, With the moore's for well over a year now and filled out well they are due to recoup some off its upkeep money perhaps today's the day gid luck I got 40 on @ 7s

just looking 9/2 wi coral

5/1 wi Ladbrokes

Edited by washboarder

ffs 4s parklife, never ran as a 4 yo as was light made up, With the moore's for well over a year now and filled out well they are due to recoup some off its upkeep money perhaps today's the day gid luck I got 40 on @ 7s

just looking 9/2 wi coral

Currently 5's with Ladbrokes.

Today's Yankee at the festival consists of Outlander, Kings Palace, Daneking and Mr Mole (although was on Champagne Fever). Expecting the same luck as yesterday though!

Got a wee single on Southfield Theatre in the 2.05 due to a wee tip gleaned at the weekend.