Should We Call Up A Completely Differert Squad For The Gib Game? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Should We Call Up A Completely Differert Squad For The Gib Game?

bonny78

Guest allyc

Wanna bet.we struggle to beat minnows at the best of times.we will only hit these for 2 or 3 as it is.a total new eleven would perhaps scrape a 1-0 at best.or am I forgetting our far reaching talent?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but I think we have a friendly first which, if needs be, we can try out a few players and tinker with things but the Gibraltar game is serious. A qualification match where we want to impose ourselves and keep our momentum in the group going and the only way to do that is with a full strength side out.

I see Strachan is in the papers today saying he has a list of 40 players just now which he is trying to cut down to 22 for the end of the month.

Sounds like if he could get away with two squads he would try it almost :-))

reckon it will be....

Marshall

hutton hanley martin robertson

brown morrison

anya naismith maloney

fletcher

Griffiths on for fletcher, GMS on for maloney, fletcher on for morrison

I'd probably go with that same team to play Gibraltar. Don't know what's happening with Chris Martin but it looks as though Charlie Mulgrew will miss these two games.

Would mix it up with an experimental line up against Northern Ireland:

Gordon

Bardsley

Martin

Hanley

Robertson

Brown

D Fletcher

Gauld

Mackay-Steven

Naismith

S Fletcher

Try to get Ryan Jack, Stuart Armstrong and Johnny Russell on as subs against Northern Ireland if possible too. If it were up to me, I'd keep Maloney and Anya fresh for the Gibraltar game.

I'd probably go with that same team to play Gibraltar. Don't know what's happening with Chris Martin but it looks as though Charlie Mulgrew will miss these two games.

Would mix it up with an experimental line up against Northern Ireland:

Gordon

Bardsley

Martin

Hanley

Robertson

Brown

D Fletcher

Gauld

Mackay-Steven

Naismith

S Fletcher

Try to get Ryan Jack, Stuart Armstrong and Johnny Russell on as subs against Northern Ireland if possible too. If it were up to me, I'd keep Maloney and Anya fresh for the Gibraltar game.

An exciting team, but I'd give Watt half an hour.

An exciting team, but I'd give Watt half an hour.

Not a bad call. A few weeks ago I was sceptical about Watt's future but since then he's started banging in the goals and Charlton look just about safe from relegation.

One slight worry is that whole sorry mess Billy Stark was responsible for with Watt. We can only trust it hasn't put the latter off playing for Scotland.

Not far away from our strongest 11 with the exception of GMS ?

He is for me!

Regardless, I reckon it's important to have tricky players to get past what undoubtedly will be a rearguard action from the first minute and for me he's the most skilful player we've got and scores goals. If I was manager he'd be the first name on the sheet for this particular game.