Online Abuse Of Jay Beatty - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Online Abuse Of Jay Beatty

Police in Aberdeen are investigating the online abuse of Jay Beatty, 11 year old boy with Downs Syndrome, who was voted as scoring the goal of the month by Scottish football fans. It seems this happened after the game yesterday.

Now as we've seen on the threads it appears that some folk find it hard to play nice. It looks like some total loser has topped that by a significant margin.

Hopefully the Police catch the bell ends involved and they get the justice they deserve.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Police in Aberdeen are investigating the online abuse of Jay Beatty, 11 year old boy with Downs Syndrome, who was voted as scoring the goal of the month by Scottish football fans. It seems this happened after the game yesterday.

Now as we've seen on the threads it appears that some folk find it hard to play nice. It looks like some total loser has topped that by a significant margin.

Hopefully the Police catch the bell ends involved and they get the justice they deserve.

It's only a proper scumbag who'd give abuse to or mock a disabled child.

It's quite sad that some idiot(s?) has managed to turn a nice positive story into a negative.

Mocking a disabled 11 year old surely would cross a line for any decent human.

When you see some of the abuse players etc take online, it makes me cringe, but I suppose they are fair game to an extent, but FFS that is too far.

:(

just looking at the story

"An Aberdeen FC spokesman said the club was co-operating with police."

I hadn't picked up it was an Aberdeen fan.

I agree wholeheartedly that whoever did this is an absolute scumbag but what can the police do about it? What crime has been committed?

Not entirely sure but if calling someone names based on their religion is illegal then surely insulting someone because of their disability must be illegal too?

If it's not then I'd want to know why not.

Why

Hmmm... the twitter name of the troll is @RossGibson1903.

I think even the police in Aberdeen would be able to work out the name of the guy they're looking for.

(Mr 1903 will undoubtedly be in hiding...)

For what it's worth, Aberdeen FC have a database of people who have purchased tickets from it, so it could be that the police want to see if there is anyone of that name on it.