Falkirk V Newcastle B - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Falkirk V Newcastle B

I reckon they will, giving we have a decent appointment as manager and a team that start to look as if they are interested.

We need to get the likes of Lee McCulloch and Ian Black to feck as well.

What players are out of contract at end of the season?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you added the final sentence, it read a bit daily record upto that point.

Honest question, do you really think the fans will turn up if Rangers were in the championship next season?

I understand and agree with them not turning out for off the park reasons, but I'm always a bit suspicious it's made easier by the poor stuff on the park.

I think a lot of fans would return and I hope they do. People getting out of the habit of a season ticket is dangerous for any club. Hopefully the board will let everyone know the score re merchandise etc - I expect our income from that is massively lower than what it normally would be.

Plus a lot of the guys who signed when we were in div 3 signed on 3 year deals so we should hopefully be able to revamp the squad which would likely get fans back too.

But that's part of the problem in my opinion, most of them know they won't get a new contract at Rangers so aren't giving 100% as they want to avoid an injury that would stop them picking up a new club when they leave Rangers.

If they're not giving 100% then they shouldn't get paid 100%. I'm sick of the easy life these guys get even if they played really badly.

If I performed like that at my work is get pulled up, warned several times then sacked if I didn't improve. It should be the same with these lazy bastards.

Had this discussion with a Rangers supporting mate on Saturday.....he was of the mind (as are most currants it seems) that you need to get rid off the high wage, under performers like Black, Daly, Boyd etc.

Question is though....if Rangers don't get promoted this season with these guys in the team, what chance would they have of getting promoted next season with a bunch of younger, less experienced players ?

Rangers don't have cash to splash, so I presume that most Rangers fans are looking at something like the Hearts model.....a group of (relative) youngsters actually playing as a team ?

Had this discussion with a Rangers supporting mate on Saturday.....he was of the mind (as are most currants it seems) that you need to get rid off the high wage, under performers like Black, Daly, Boyd etc.

Question is though....if Rangers don't get promoted this season with these guys in the team, what chance would they have of getting promoted next season with a bunch of younger, less experienced players ?

Rangers don't have cash to splash, so I presume that most Rangers fans are looking at something like the Hearts model.....a group of (relative) youngsters actually playing as a team ?

Most Rangers fans want a long term view taken when it comes to building the team. A lot of focus off the field cannot disguise the utter shambles on it and the role the management past and present have played in this.

If we had a decent management team in place at the start of this season we'd be a helluva lot closer to Hearts than we are now. Our squad is easily good enough to compete in this division. It's lack of effort on their part and lack of ability of the coaching staff to get it out of them that has cost us.

Hasn't hindered the Jambos...

Rangers not having cash in the past didn't stop them bringing in experienced players,besides once kings in place normal service sill be resumed I suspect spend,spend,spend

Most Rangers fans want a long term view taken when it comes to building the team. A lot of focus off the field cannot disguise the utter shambles on it and the role the management past and present have played in this.

If we had a decent management team in place at the start of this season we'd be a helluva lot closer to Hearts than we are now. Our squad is easily good enough to compete in this division. It's lack of effort on their part and lack of ability of the coaching staff to get it out of them that has cost us.

Agree with all 3 of you.

I've said it countless times we missed a trick when in Division 3. We had a great opportunity to completely revamp the way we approached our day to day spending and how we operated in the transfer market. Rossy's mate is spot on IMO. The last time I was asked this I named 15 players that I thought we should get rid of. We have filled the squad, with over paid, useless journeymen, yet have offloaded lads such as McLeod and Telfer to name only two.

As Eddard says though, this won't happen over night. We require a mass clear out and start building something from the bottom again, giving youth players a chance and put a manager in place, that is invested in the idea of developing our entire youth system , with a view to them one day playing in the first team. If we adopted an approach like that, I, and many many others would be back in a shot. Even if it means another season or two in the Championship, I think most would see it as the club/team going in the right direction. In fact if we did go down that road, the Championship would probably be better for us at this moment in time.

Fairbairn is right though, despite what I've said about the current set up, the guys we have in place should be good enough to at least compete in the Championship. Most games this season we look like 11 guys that have turned up for a trial and the manager has just sent us out 4-4-2 and told us to get on with it. God knows what we are doing in training every day. The fact that we couldn't get up for an Old Firm Semi final is bad enough, but it's the defeats to teams like Alloa, where they look visibly fitter and have more desire that worries me more.

That's not a dig at the Wasps you understand, but these lads are part timers and we looked dead on our feet against them. Someone needs to carry the can for that!!