Gary Glitter - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gary Glitter

I hope he lives the full 15 years and 364 days then dies a horrible painful death before he's released.

Nah... he's only doing eight years - honestly, that's how it works down here - so I reckon he will be Hovis ('brown bread'), before his release date.

Whatever happened tae big Hovis? (I have his number but I'm fear't tae ring it.) :blink:

Do you not think he was guilty before the jury found him guilty because it was Glitter and everyone knew his past.

i have never agreed by having a jury of 12 normal folk having to take all the info in and then having the responsibility of finding then guilty or not guilty, most people including me could be swayed with certain stats that either side throw at them'

I remember a few years ago the female soiicitor being found guilty of murdering her two children who had both died of cot death.

Some prosecution guy said the odds of this happening to two children in the same family were 1 in some silly number a billion or so and the jury passed judgement on that figure, she was later found not guilty on appeal and committed suicide a few years later..

Do you not think he was guilty before the jury found him guilty because it was Glitter and everyone knew his past.

i have never agreed by having a jury of 12 normal folk having to take all the info in and then having the responsibility of finding then guilty or not guilty, most people including me could be swayed with certain stats that either side throw at them'

I remember a few years ago the female soiicitor being found guilty of murdering her two children who had both died of cot death.

Some prosecution guy said the odds of this happening to two children in the same family were 1 in some silly number a billion or so and the jury passed judgement on that figure, she was later found not guilty on appeal and committed suicide a few years later..

so dad, remember the case but didn't know it ended so tragically for the mother.

so dad, remember the case but didn't know it ended so tragically for the mother.

Rob not got a clue what you are on about unless you mean sad and not Dad, for one moment i thought the CSA would be knocking on my door again :-)) IMO Glitter should be used for experiments instead of using Monkeys and Rats

It was actually alcohol poisoning that killed her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Meadow

Not that it makes much difference. She probably wouldn't have ended up in that position if she hadn't been convicted and your point about misleading and inaccurate statistics is correct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sally_Clark#Statistical_evidence

New Scientist article on the problem:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20727743.300-how-dna-evidence-creates-victims-of-chance.html#.VPL_KPmsV8E