Daring To Dream - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Daring To Dream

From australia it is alwàys hard to guage but do I detect a shift in the chances. Can we really do this?

My colleagues at a big aussie bank team building today were asking about it. My response was we should say yes, if it is no it is only a generation until yes.

But can we do it now....

We'll never hit 60%... 55% would be the equivalent of a landslide... I'll take 50.1% right now...

I truly think that 60% is possible. No-one is moving toward no and I do not believe that the pollsters can accurately account for both the nature of the question and the huge turnout.

I'm still very very worried about this vote even though I've been involved in the campaign since the get go, done and seen lots of canvassing results etc. Have literally sleepless nights over it.

The great canvassing results we have seen might not be so great in reality, with yes canvass results voting no in postal votes when gone back to. This throws canvassing results into major doubt. I change my mind everyday on the result.

I think it's derogatory and only used by those in that context. If you embrace it all well and good. You clearly haven't heard it used regularly in a condescending manner.

I've heard it plenty of times in many different contexts, I just don't get precious about it. We've got bigger fish to fry in the next couple of weeks.

Jocks is just the equivalent of taffys, micks etc. A extremely light form of pejorative.

Its only a word and as poster above said it rhymes with crocodile.

I have used it as an email and internet handle since 1999 without any downsides.

Some folk wont like the term but words are just words.

im not overly keen on sweaties mind you :-)

I truly think that 60% is possible. No-one is moving toward no and I do not believe that the pollsters can accurately account for both the nature of the question and the huge turnout.

I'll be astounded (in a good way) if it's anywhere near that... There's definitely a move to Yes, but the problem is there's also a bedrock of people who will never come round. A _clear_ win for us will mean the No vote has stayed home in large numbers... might happen, but I wouldn't count on it.

Sorry to be the negative one, i don't really see a swing, still think No will shade it - i've completely switched off from the referendum and anyone that mentions it on my facebook is stuck on my ignore list until the 19th (along with all those game requests)

Well, if you've completely switched off from the referendum, how would you notice a swing in any direction? Tune in, switch on... vote Grebner (whoever the fk he is).

Personally I think No will get 53-55%. Still hear of loads of folk voting no and sounds like there isn't much that can be done to alter their views. Demographics are strange and hopefully Renfrewshire isn't representative of Scotland. Bottom line I really do think that there are too many shite bags and campaign fear has won the day. :(

Edited by Serbo69