Cricket World Cup - Page 8 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cricket World Cup

Slide tackle

As for Scotland then I think we missed a trick by not following the ROI model. They seem to have more success at getting Irish grass roots cricket bringing through talent.

Don't a few of the Irish players play for England after they've played for Ireland though? Who are they bringing these players up to play for?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't a few of the Irish players play for England after they've played for Ireland though? Who are they bringing these players up to play for?

That is true Clyde1998 but that is purely I believe) to do with the ICC's reluctance to expand. They keep the test playing club down to the ten nations even though (I'd hazard a guess) that Ireland now merit a place among them considering their proven ability at recent World Cups. As long as Ireland are kept in the wilderness they will be open to having their players poached.

Thought it was really poor captaincy over the last 4 overs. Majid Haq had bowled really well but Shenwari was always going to target his last over so was really surprised he bowled his 10th when he did. Would have been better to have switched to a seamer then and kept the pressure on. Then when the last 2 were in with 19 needed the field should have been brought in to force them to try and hit over the top. It was far too easy for them to keep picking up singles. They got those 19 without having to play any risky shots.

It'll be a struggle to pick up a victory now.