Anyone Know When The Gib Tickets Go On Sale? - Page 2 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anyone Know When The Gib Tickets Go On Sale?

Bristolhibby

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 in our squad and 3 bought season tickets for £90 8 bought Gibraltar tickets and 6 not bothered.. Normally got non-members biting our hands off for tickets.

Total shambles but overall a good deal on the season ticket if ur planning on seeing all home games in my opinion.

I won't be going to the Gibraltar game. I'm not paying £30 to see that standard of football when I can watch my kids team for nothing.

Also not interested in the NI friendly as that'll be another turgid mince game. Utter waste of everyone's time and will help Strachan in no way whatsoever. With Poland and Germany to play we need much better opposition to prove anything.

The SFA are doing their best to put everyone off following the team.

2 massive games 1 other important game and a friendly for 90 quid is good value. A lot of u whingers look for the slightest excuse not to go, better off without you I say.

Read the SFA promotion. They are advertising "buy 3 qualifiers and get Northern Ireland free", therefore it is NOT £90 for 4 games but £90 for 3 with the friendly free. So you are still paying £30 per game for behind the goals at Hampden for the qualifiers, those in the sideline stands (North and South) are paying £40 and paying the same "value" for Gibraltar and the World Champions. Commercial ripoff, has been from day one.

Whatever way you want to put it I am still getting to watch 4 international matches for £90, how much is it to watch pishy spl or championship matches, around the same I would imagine. I agree the sfa made a total balls of things , but for a Scotland fan to go to 4 home games , it is a decent deal.

1ANDYP, Scotland are in the best position for a number of years to qualify for a major tournament so why would people want "any excuse not to go"? The fact is that the SFA have shafted the fans with this ticket price hike and the fans are 100% correct to be up in arms about the issue and the softener of a free friendly doesn't work for a lot of people. Given that not many people are receiving a wage increase whilst the cost of living keeps going up, people have bigger priorities to spend their money on than a football match so the 30% ticket increases is a perfectly viable reason for people not to go and isn't "any excuse not to go".

Hope you enjoy the games but you choosing to go doesn't make you more of a fan than people who have followed the team for years and are making a stance against the SFA for their ridiculous pricing.

I get your point mate, but do you still think £90 is unreasonable for 4 home games. I think the 4 game package was a climbdown of sorts by the sfa, even if they don't admit it.

Yes because it's not a 4 game package, it's a 3 game package with a free friendly added on as previously highlighted. The reason Northern Ireland was thrown in was a sweetner to the SSC because they knew they messed up the ticket pricing.

Tried to go an and buy tickets but it's saying I can't buy them and the following message comes up;

• Customer XXXXX cannot purchase Scotland v Gibraltar unless they are purchasing, or have previously purchased European Qualifier 4 Match Package.

Youve bought your allocation (4 match package) now you have to wait until the public sale to buy more.

J

I see the problem. I've missed the deadline for SSC members and the sale that is open now is for folk who bought the 4 match package to buy extra tickets.

Will need to wait for the public sale.

Hopefully there are still tickets going in the family section as I wanted to take my daughter to her first game and i'm no paying £40odds for a 3 year old.

I see the problem. I've missed the deadline for SSC members and the sale that is open now is for folk who bought the 4 match package to buy extra tickets.

Will need to wait for the public sale.

Hopefully there are still tickets going in the family section as I wanted to take my daughter to her first game and i'm no paying £40odds for a 3 year old.

There's still loads in the West Stand, and they're doing kids' tickets in both there & the East. The East hasn't been on sale at all that I've seen - I'd imagine that's where the 10,000 free tickets that the SFA have given out are located. I'm taking my nephew to his first game but need to wait for the public sale - I'm not worried about getting a kids ticket though.

Anyone know when the public sale begins?