Australian Open Tennis - Page 8 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Australian Open Tennis

min

So...what gets demoted to BBC 2? :lol:

I might have been getting ahead of myself. I'm an hour ahead so time was sneaking up faster here! :lol:

If it does come to a schedule change, probably the fitba' until the tennis is done. Can't imagine it'll eat too much into the time from 13:30.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant tennis. I know Djoko is blowing a bit but there's not a bead of sweat on him. Amazing fitness.

If Djokovic's concerns over his stamina are true, then Andy's in the driving seat but beware: he always complains, always has little injuries (foot, thumb, ankle, thigh) but only after losing points, and he always seems to stay the course. Right on cue, there's a comfortable service game to love with narey (ah, the memories!) a grimace.

Remember, despite his worries, he beat world #3 Wawrinka 6-0 in the final set. Don't be fooled Andy

Edited by Tartan Eagle

If & it looks likely that he loses this, he lost the mental & psychological battle. He had Djokovic at the start of the 3rd set but Djokovic's antics and tactics got to Murray and when Djokovic came roaring back, as we knew he would, Murray lost the plot. It was like turning the clock back 4/5 years to pre Lendl. He has the game, he has the fitness but on too many occasions doesn't have the mind. Needs a strong coach who understands and can control the mental side of Andy Murray.

You cannot play a grand slam final acting as if somebody stole your rattle out of your pram and expect to win

Very amateurish by Murray and he should know better by now

The amount of unforced errors he had was incredible

Must do better

Disappointing that Murray let Djokovic get in his head when he was 2-0 up in the 3rd. Djokovic does that in every tight match he's involved in. Looks like he's about to fall over, then 2 minutes later he's running about like it's the first game again. Murray's experienced enough now to know that he's at it.

Gluten free, that's what the big man puts his

energy down to his "gluten free diet".

Was blowing out his erse prior to this gluten free boost!

The trainer dude was looking quite shifty albeit not trying to hide.

Could've done with some of that boost tonight at 5s as I was blowing out my erse but wasn't cramping or indulging in gamesmanship although I'm not an elite athlete! #questionsquestions