Lidl Kilts - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just a heads up lads, lidl are selling there kilts the Moro for £30.

There available in 2 tartans, black watch and Hamilton grey. Obviously not going to be amazing quality but may be a decent shout for doing some games if your looking for a cheap and cheerful option or worried about your more expensive kilts

Picked one up this morning. Cheap and cheerful but will do the job and save my decent kilt. Unsure of the sizing biggest I seen was 38-40 but I'm a 32 and fittment was good with a single and double buckle

All No voting kents in the Highlands so feck them and their baw itching 'proper' skirts

That is only after they cleared the real Highlanders out but. After they crushed the last vestiges of Scottish identity they re-invented this skirt abomination as this twee ruffle gay boy outfit much favoured by the Scottish aristocracy and other uber traitor bastards. that... you might as well dress your self up in a self mocking outfit with a sign around your neck saying "Will Dance (suck cock) for my Supper".

I don't like kilts.

That is only after they cleared the real Highlanders out but. After they crushed the last vestiges of Scottish identity they re-invented this skirt abomination as this twee ruffle gay boy outfit much favoured by the Scottish aristocracy and other uber traitor bastards. that... you might as well dress your self up in a self mocking outfit with a sign around your neck saying "Will Dance (suck cock) for my Supper".

I don't like kilts.

:-))

If you want a kilt for the games better to buy a cheap ex hire than that Pakistani tat you get in Lidl.

Got to say my attitude is pretty much the same. Find these cheap shite things a tad insulting tbh

They have them down here in suffolk, advertise them as an "8 yard" kilt - there is no way that is correct, i picked up one and the weight was no where near the weight of my kilts.

Each to there own but not for me.

I should advise you, yard is a measurement of distance, not a measurement of weight.

I should advise you length has a simple relationship with mass through density. In which one can easily extrapolate length from weight.

Is the weave not also an influencing factor into the weight?

I think this is the point you are making.

An 8 yard dress kilt hand woven 100% wool will weigh more than an 8 yard Lidl kilt.

J

Nothing says Scotland 2015 like a 17 pound, polyester, made in Bangladesh, embarrassment to a real highlander stylistically, piece of shite skirt.

And worn at your waist so the kilt is at your shins more or less :!:

Is the weave not also an influencing factor into the weight?

I think this is the point you are making.

An 8 yard dress kilt hand woven 100% wool will weigh more than an 8 yard Lidl kilt.

J

Yeah it's more dense has more mass per area.

I was being factitious though as length times density isn't really a correct, although all things can be reduced to mass,length and time.

I should advise you length has a simple relationship with mass through density. In which one can easily extrapolate length from weight.

Correct. But that has no relevance to the kilt, as clearly the reason it is lighter than a real kilt is that it's made of different materials.