Films 2015 - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed KTM.Would the same thing have happened today with the info available in an instant via the Internet ? probably.

Nightcrawler was rotten but not as crap as Inherent Vice.

Oh yeah. They can destroy you now far easier than back then despite the internet IMHO. Maybe Gary Webb would have seen a viable earnings path through it (and not thus killed himself in despair assuming you accept he did). It was the media who knifed him repeatedly, the same media that people look to protect them from bad guys in power. I am reading this just now and it is not making me feel better about our collective futures... I recommend it.

http://www.amazon.com/Family-Secrets-Americas-Invisible-Government/dp/1608190064

I watched The Drop last night. One of James Gandolfini's last movies and he basically plays Tony Soprano in it. The film itself was pretty good with another excellent turn by Tom Hardy.

Tom Hardy was excellent in that.

Another good Hardy film from the last year is Locke

Has Whiplash been and gone or is it still to hit Scottish cinemas?

TT

2008 film but I just watched Che - part 1.

"In part 1 of the Che Guevara bio pic we meet him as Ernesto, a young doctor from Argentina who teams up with Fidel Castro to overthrow the corrupt dictatorship in Cuba. His commitment impresses Castro and he becomes one of the leaders and succeeds against all odds"

Pretty good. Part 2 to watch in next few days.

Went to see Focus the other day, really good film, one of the best this year so far.

The betting scene at the Superbowl (with pretend teams competing) pushed it beyond bearable for me!

TT

2008 film but I just watched Che - part 1.

"In part 1 of the Che Guevara bio pic we meet him as Ernesto, a young doctor from Argentina who teams up with Fidel Castro to overthrow the corrupt dictatorship in Cuba. His commitment impresses Castro and he becomes one of the leaders and succeeds against all odds"

Pretty good. Part 2 to watch in next few days.

Just watched 2nd one which tells about his time in Bolivia in mid-1960s.

Recommend them both especially for anyone interested in historical stuff.

If anybody has Amazon Prime, Che parts 1&2 are currently free on Prime Instant Video

That's how I ended up watching it.

Accidentally signed up to the one month free trial then they charge you for 12 months unless you unsubscribe at the end of the free trial.

Bastardos !

Terms & Conditions May Apply (2013). Not exactly 2015 but sake...

There's actually a complaints and refund thing now set up as they (and many others before) rip people off in this way.

When I realised it a few months later, I actually started using the service, watching numerous films I had now paid for but will cancel it one the 12 months is up.

Deceitful.

There's actually a complaints and refund thing now set up as they (and many others before) rip people off in this way.

When I realised it a few months later, I actually started using the service, watching numerous films I had now paid for but will cancel it one the 12 months is up.

Deceitful.

It was a really shocking film. And I mean that in a good way.

facebook especially is a very nasty bit of work.

For your further entertainment here is a picture of weasel and a woodpecker...

_81366899_woodpeckerweasel.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31711446

I've seen all 3 (Nightcrawler, Whiplash, and Birdman) and they were all excellent. But I think Birdman was head and shoulders above the other two.

It's a good film but thought the other two were far superior, especially nightcrawler

Although I can see why Birdman was more of an Oscar film