This Not Celebrating Goals Nonsense - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Not Celebrating Goals Nonsense

Anyone know when this pish started? You know when they score against their old club they put up their hands by way of apology?

I think the first time I was aware of it was jimmy flloyd hasselbiank (sp) scored for Leeds at Stamford Bridge. Really seems to have caught on recently with Jelavic being the latest. I mean I actually understand Jimmy (a Chelsea legend) doing it but Jelavic? Half the Everton support were delighted to see him leave.

Honestly it grips my shit. Fannies!!!!

Edited by Angus_Young

Anyone know when this pish started? You know when they score against their old club they put up their hands by way of apology?

I think the first time I was aware of it was jimmy flloyd hasselbiank (sp) scored for Leeds at Stamford Bridge. Really seems to have caught on recently with Jelavic being the latest. I mean I actually understand Jimmy (a Chelsea legend) doing it but Jelavic? Half the Everton support were delighted to see him leave.

Honestly it grips my shit. Fannies!!!!

Hasselbaink played for Leeds 1st then Chelsea - Atletico Madrid in between

I think its different if you are a club legend and either made your career there or stayed a long time like 5/6+ years and made a huge impact. But guya who like jelavic was pretty pish for everton and the fans couldnt give a should be celebrating scoring against an old team

I think it can show a touch of class, from a club legend, or guy who got his start in the game from a club.

It's become a bit of a thing now though, and can be a bit patronising.

Think there's a happy medium between Adebayor and Jelavic.

Mark Reynolds has shown his class with a subdued celebration at fir park.

Lee McCulloch showed his class by elbowing someone in the face, then doing a superman celebration...

I think it can show a touch of class, from a club legend, or guy who got his start in the game from a club.

It's become a bit of a thing now though, and can be a bit patronising.

Think there's a happy medium between Adebayor and Jelavic.

Mark Reynolds has shown his class with a subdued celebration at fir park.

Lee McCulloch showed his class by elbowing someone in the face, then doing a superman celebration...

Think that's pretty much my point mate. Lampard not celebrating against Chelsea, fair enough.

Charlie Adam not celebrating against Liverpool is just getting silly.

That was the game they were relegated though was it not? They needed a win. Laws goal didn't technically send them down but he certainlyy played his part?

That was my understanding but was a bit before my time. Lovely peice of skill from the only scot to win european footballer of the year.