Ac/dc To Play Hampden - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ac/dc To Play Hampden

must be one of these jazz lovers - now that's feckin shite!

Hmmmm. I'm not a massive fan of Traditional Jazz but back in the 80s I was partial to a bit of Latin Jazz as it goes. These days as a rule I'm not that fussed but it is a genre I will give a chance to, unlike that noisy heavy rock pish.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm. I'm not a massive fan of Traditional Jazz but back in the 80s I was partial to a bit of Latin Jazz as it goes. These days as a rule I'm not that fussed but it is a genre I will give a chance to, unlike that noisy heavy rock pish.

Not liking AC/DC is absolutely fine but to dismiss an entire genre and all the sub genres that branch off it as "noisy pish" is just silly.

Just a matter of taste.

For example I generally like Indy rock. Even that which is on the heavier side. So it's not about the heaviness of the music per se.

I just think there is a fundamental difference between the two genres and I'm immediately turned off to heavy rock.

Granted most of the heavy rock I've heard will be fairly mainstream. All squealing guitars and screeching vocals. Just not my thing. Robert Plant is probably the worst offender. Never got the whole Led Zeppelin thing.

Just a matter of taste.

For example I generally like Indy rock. Even that which is on the heavier side. So it's not about the heaviness of the music per se.

I just think there is a fundamental difference between the two genres and I'm immediately turned off to heavy rock.

Granted most of the heavy rock I've heard will be fairly mainstream. All squealing guitars and screeching vocals. Just not my thing. Robert Plant is probably the worst offender. Never got the whole Led Zeppelin thing.

Not a huge Led Zepp fan but Going to California is one of my favourite songs ever.

Can't believe I'm about to be the first dissenting voice on this thread, but AC/DC are feckin shoite.

As is ALL heavy rock music.

I would defy anyone to say they had a more eclectic musical taste that me, but this type of garbage is literally the only musical genre I won't give houseroom to.

Filed under noisy pish.

I don't particularly care what the musical snobs say; all I know is that I am going to go to Hampden on Sunday night and have an absolutely brilliant time.

I'm sure you will mate. Hope you enjoy it.

Just tell them tae keep the noise down will ye? :-)

A classic example of the type of vocal I detest, but musically not overly offensive.

Not his best singing effort - I should have found a Bon Scott clip.

For me, AC/DC (originally - which is my preference) were rock n roll with a bit of hard/heavy rock.

I'm not sure how much you may have actually listened to, but they are (or were) perhaps different from the general stereotype you may not enjoy.

I'll dig up some older efforts which I'll try and tempt you to give a listen to. :ok::guitar::sing:

Oh dear Marky..as a fellow bud and Yes man it pains me to say it ..but we could fall out over this?. All I can suggest is listen to the Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap or Powerage albums and let me know if you still think they are Pish ?

Fringo,

Appreciate your efforts mate but I fear you are fighting a losing battle.

Listened to those two and really just heard more of the same. I associate this type of music with the early to mid 70s which for me was the worst musical era in my lifetime (with the possible exception of the mid 80s when bands all but disappeared). For me the 70s never really got going until the punk movement. The quality wasn't great but it revolutionised music and it led to the post punk era which if I had to, I'd probably say was my favourite musical era. Bands like Joy Divsion, The Smiths, Magazine, The Fall etc were among my favourites.

But I can just as easy listen to Country, Dance, Soul, classical, post rock...anything really, other than of course the noisy pish. :-)

Bands that really get my goat are the likes of Iron Maiden, Motörhead, Led Zep, Metallica (sp?) and I'm afraid on the basis of what I've heard so far, AC/DC.

Each to their own I guess.

Oh dear Marky..as a fellow bud and Yes man it pains me to say it ..but we could fall out over this?. All I can suggest is listen to the Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap or Powerage albums and let me know if you still think they are Pish ?

Sorry Micky. I am what I am! :-)