The Demise - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

That's vaguely creepy.

It gets proper creepy when you get to my age.

That depends on which one of your many ages you are talking about Rossy.............44, 38, 34, sure you even got down to 32 in Rome ;-)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I started to like olives.

When I prefered going out for breakfast on a Saturday morning rather then out drinking on a Friday night.

When we go round to friends house for dinner rather than out for dinner.

When my drink choice moved from lager, vodka and jack Daniels to ale, red wine and whiskey.

But mostly the olives.

I am 32.

When I prefered going out for breakfast on a Saturday morning rather then out drinking on a Friday night.

When my drink choice moved from lager, vodka and jack Daniels to ale, red wine and whiskey.

But mostly the olives.

I am 32.

You my twin?

That's vaguely creepy.

It gets proper creepy when you get to my age.

What classes as no go. I always thought it was younger than half age plus 7. Frack, just doing that calculation. One year out. It was weird zone , I shouldn't be talking like that to anyone u23. Now that does make me feel old (and creepy) :( Edited by flumax

But mostly the olives.

I am 32.

:angry:

What classes as no go. I always thought it was younger than half age plus 7. Frack, just doing that calculation. One year out. It was weird zone , I shouldn't be talking like that to anyone u23. Now that does make me feel old (and creepy) :(

You're worrying about nothing, unless you were standing too close, rubbing your thighs and sweating.

Not being able to read the small print.

Feeling smaller. Physically. All relative as you age but also each new generation is actually bigger than its predecessor.

Loss of my youthful sense of immortality / immunity. Increasing awareness of death, it is coming but not before my body gradually rots away beneath me... something to look forward. The reverse of the outward burst of youth where it was all easy in comparison.

edit: youth was like climbing up a hill. the opposite of youth is like rolling down it. I am not sure how long I was atop it. it was brief but glorious.

Edited by thplinth

from about 41 seem to now give out a wee "ooft" noise when I get up off the sofa after sitting for a while. Knees definately have deterioted.

That's my daily aim. To avoid 'old man noises' when getting up out of low down seats. However the writing has been on the wall since a few years ago when my sister was horrified that I'd asked for a pair of comfy baffies for Christmas.

Im 35, Ive always felt old though.

I hurt my back before 5s on Monday night, and its still painful today, yesterday while trying to stand up, between making bizarre noises and making a strange face, I managed to somehow slip and hit myself in the left testicle, which was agonisingly painful.

Just signed up for Tough Mudder in June, so I have 6 months to get fit of face humiliation. Although if I cant stand up with hitting myself, then god help me.

played football till 10 years ago when I was 37, late resurgence meant it was a pretty high, competitive level. Felt and looked great until about 42-43, mostly through running.

Then career got stressful. Put on weight, lost hair / went grey, struggled to find time to exercise. When I figured it out 3 or 4 years ago I struggled to deal with it. Years of sitting down all day caused serious gait problems and it has taken me a year to get everything moving again.

Currently lost weight, regained a lot of fitness and enjoying life again but feck me it can hit you hard and fast if you're not prepared to go to extreme lengths to fight back.

rage, rage against the dying of the light....... as some welsh guy said