Alan Cochrane - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alan Cochrane

...is a despicable khunt.

He's published his Indyref diaries, "Alex Salmond, my part in his downfall", which is being serialised in the Torygraph

(Archive link here: http://widgets.outbrain.com/outbrain.js)

Sounds like a horrible man, here's one snippet, where he's dismayed that a politician might have inadvertently told the Scottish public the truth, that matters such as currency and defence could be sorted out with negotiation:

"April 15 2014

Incredible day. That complete idiot Philip Hammond gave an interview in which he said that everything was negotiable after independence, which means as the Nats seized on that sterling and Trident could be on the table. Stupid, stupid man."

I'm sure the book is full of attacks on Salmond for being anti-English, and sounds very pleased with himself that the most important thing, his own 'Britishness' was preserved, whether it's the best thing for the Scottish people or not

Edit: I got that link wrong, this should work:

https://archive.today/8ayln

Edited by Maq

One of the worst things about No winning was utter c*nts like this (add Murphy, Darling, Brown et al. to that list...) getting some sense of achievement from it. No won in spite of these diddys not because of them! It was the selfish self interest of the Scottish cringing middle class that won it.

Cochrane was paid a large bonus by The Telegraph after the No vote, for his part in producing as many hate-filled, anti-independence stories and lies as he possibly could.

He's a vile Uncle McTom. An utterly detestable qhunt.

I'd also discourage people from clicking on the link above, because it gives the shit the impression that people want to know what he says.

I don't think the telegraph get any hits from archive sites do they?

I don't pay attention to their witterings enough to know, but Alan Cochrane and that lawyer dude(ian smart? his brother seems a good guy though) suddenly seemed to be "activated" before the referendum. they might have been talking pish on the subject for years i dont know.

I don't pay attention to their witterings enough to know, but Alan Cochrane and that lawyer dude(ian smart? his brother seems a good guy though) suddenly seemed to be "activated" before the referendum. they might have been talking pish on the subject for years i dont know.

I've been reading Cochrane on and off for years now, and he's always had a hard-on for Salmond. The referendum just kicked him into overdrive.

I've been reading Cochrane on and off for years now, and he's always had a hard-on for Salmond. The referendum just kicked him into overdrive.

Yeah he just entered my radar in the last year, you have my genuine sympathy for having read him this long, and i understand the "on and off" approach, i'm generally just swaying to off.

Yeah he just entered my radar in the last year, you have my genuine sympathy for having read him this long, and i understand the "on and off" approach, i'm generally just swaying to off.

For years before the referendum I was an occassional Telegraph reader, mostly at the weekend because I liked their travel and sports sections.

Their political stance didn't bother me. However, from the start of the referendum campaign they became an integral part of the hate and lies spread by Project Fear...with Cochrane as head cheerleader.

He's utterly obsessed with Salmond and the SNP, and his weekly 'Scottish' column is without exception a hate-filled rant against the SNP....it's really quite disturbing.

Im not 100% but is he not married to the equally odious jenny hujl.

Aye, sure he is. They complained that David Hayman moved in next to them in Edinburgh when he was appearing at the Festival.

Didn't want any left-wing Yesser in their neighbourhood.

Can only agree with what others have said - an utterly odious, self-hating creature of hell.

I don't think Cochrane will have swayed anyone who was on the fence into voting no, as it would be clear from reading a couple of sentences of any of his articles on the topic that he was unhinged when it came to Salmond and the referendum - he's even taken to saying 'we won' and suchlike in subsequent articles.

It's a reflection on how poor the intellectual case for 'No' was when an arsehole like this became one of the highest profile Scottish commentators for the Union though.