First Female First Minister - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

First Female First Minister

You are really not getting this - we need to make sure there are NOT more men in politics.

I fail to see where you can deduce that I want more men in politics?

That is because I didn't

Ok then. no idea why you needed to use it in a direct reply to me then.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. But should sex balance be the aim. If so what about a balance of rich versus poor instead? Or why not a perfect balance between younger and older? Where does this end.

You said they formed partnerships which implies a balance. As in being partners.

That is because I didn't

The point is it actually was.

I know what you mean but my point is to me it's not a big deal either way.

She's there on merit and sex doesn't matter (I do see why you're making the point though and I'm not disagreeing with what you mean).

Ok then. no idea why you needed to use it in a direct reply to me then.

I was explaining my point - you seemed to be missing the fact that the problem is there are more men to pick from and that is what we should be addressing

Miliband has been criticised about looking like a cartoon character, looking weird eating a bacon roll, having scary eyes, sniffing someones hair, getting caught in the headlights.

Lamont has been criticised about her BBC income tax interview, her dreadful FMQ performances, her appalling performances on debates.

Lets beat everyone with the same stick.

i used predominately to show i was aware that there was some cross between.

For example someone said in a post I" believe there is a vivid photo of a nasty gash involved..." and you responded by posting a picture of Johan Lamont, incidentally a search shows you just talking about how mad and stark raving she is, nothing else about looks apart from that, i dinstincley remember posting several times when folk were just slinging shit about how ugly she was all the time, never seen the same magnitude with males.

I was explaining my point - you seemed to be missing the fact that the problem is there are more men to pick from and that is what we should be addressing

It wont happen IMO, children are a factor that just cant be avoided.

I dont think anyone is against women, but the numbers weigh in the mens favour.

I know what you mean but my point is to me it's not a big deal either way.

She's there on merit and sex doesn't matter (I do see why you're making the point though and I'm not disagreeing with what you mean).

I know she is there on merit and it is a natural progression that no one is surprised about it - I don't think you will find many disagreeing with this but my point isn't about that.

I went to Dundee recently and visited the Verdant Works and found that in the height of the Jute production it was the women who went out to work and the men who stayed at home. It was really fascinating stuff

i used predominately to show i was aware that there was some cross between.

For example someone said in a post I" believe there is a vivid photo of a nasty gash involved..." and you responded by posting a picture of Johan Lamont, incidentally a search shows you just talking about how mad and stark raving she is, nothing else about looks apart from that, i dinstincley remember posting several times when folk were just slinging shit about how ugly she was all the time, never seen the same magnitude with males.

Is it wrong to post a picture of her, a gash in Dundee means an annoying cnt, it seems pretty apt to post her IMO.

Most on here are men, and Id assume most are straight, so most people will be 'interested' in looking at womens looks more than mens. It doesnt mean that everyone is being sexist, although some people undoubtedly will be.

I went to Dundee recently and visited the Verdant Works and found that in the height of the Jute production it was the women who went out to work and the men who stayed at home. It was really fascinating stuff

Devils advocate, is that not equally as repulsive as the current inferred bias towards men?

Is it wrong to post a picture of her, a gash in Dundee means an annoying bunny rabbit, it seems pretty apt to post her IMO.

Most on here are men, and Id assume most are straight, so most people will be 'interested' in looking at womens looks more than mens. It doesnt mean that everyone is being sexist, although some people undoubtedly will be.

I'm not here to say whats right or wrong, i'm here to say different scales are used when measuring male or female politicians which is unfair, and in some cases can be prejudiced.

Read my other two posts - no I am not being obtuse I am serious

I think youre wrong, and Id think a lot of women would think youre wrong on this.

That is not to say that I think a womans place is in the home, before anyone says that!!

Yes

Yet you said it was fascinating. Just seems a strange choice of word if you were repulsed by it.

I'm not here to say whats right or wrong, i'm here to say different scales are used when measuring male or female politicians which is unfair, and in some cases can be prejudiced.

thatcher v kinnock being a reverse example. (edit: media wise)

Edited by thplinth

I think youre wrong, and Id think a lot of women would think youre wrong on this.

That is not to say that I think a womans place is in the home, before anyone says that!!

Yet you said it was fascinating. Just seems a strange choice of word if you were repulsed by it.

You think I am wrong - I think you are wrong and any women who agree with you. Dundee proves it.

It is about changing perceptions over time

Lots of awful things are fascinating

Edited by Lamia