Police Segregation At Final Whistle - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Police Segregation At Final Whistle

Robroysboy

I left the ground at 85 mins. Shattered after being on the bevy since 10 am.

I exited the jock stien stand and tried to make my way up london round with my designated driver.

The police had blocked the road and sent us what felt like a 5 mile detour down by rhe emirates and round the outskirts of the newly built atheletes village.

I expect this strict segregation was a dry run for tuesday night.

Got back to london road eventually but as there was no diversion signs set up so i thought it could have been organised a bit better.

Edited by Robroysboy

Why the badger would you leave that game early? I genuinely think some folk use Scotland games as an excuse to get away from the wife and booze.

Hingsight is a great thing. Got the offer of a run home.

Just sharing the event to try and assist people planning their journey home on tuesday.

Ok then on Tuesday I'll be coming out JS lower & heading back to Premier Inn at J2A.

What's the best way to go ?

On Friday we seemed to be forced to go left & around the main stand to get back onto London Rd. I thought coming out & going right & along the back of North Stand would be the way. :blink:

At somepoint during the second half they close the gates in the passage way behind the North Stand (Janefield St), so if your in JS the only way round is left onto London Rd unless you go down to the front of the stand and walk around the inside of the pitch to the other side and then head to an exit,I think going left would be the quickest way anyway would it not? Six and half a dozen really...

Don't know Where you guys were but we left the Jock Stein Upper, straight down the stairs , out through the bus park,onto the new road where you could have went left to London Rd or right onto Gallowgate, we went right onto Gallowgate, up through the retail park and were back in the Crown Creighton on Duke Street in 10 minutes, as we're loads of other TA mates - sweet

Edited by Jimmy`s Lassie

Don't know Where you guys were but we left the Jock Stein Upper, straight down the stairs , out through the bus park,onto the new road where you could have went left to London Rd or right onto Gallowgate, we went right onto Gallowgate, up through the retail park and were back in the Crown Creighton on Duke Street in 10 minutes, as we're loads of other TA mates - sweet

You chose well if you went left you would havnt got far.

At somepoint during the second half they close the gates in the passage way behind the North Stand (Janefield St), so if your in JS the only way round is left onto London Rd unless you go down to the front of the stand and walk around the inside of the pitch to the other side and then head to an exit,I think going left would be the quickest way anyway would it not? Six and half a dozen really...

Cheers :ok: Haven't been to CP since Faroes game. We were just confused we weren't going back the way we had come.

Leaving the LL upper, I couldn't go back the way I came (came via the Gallowgate and had to walk halfway round the ground past the Main Stand).

Had to turn left, go through a completely unlit piece of wasteground (not unlike what I had to ensure leaving that shithole of a stadium in Kaunas) and up past the Emirates Arena to get back onto the Gallowgate.

Atmosphere was fantastic and in terms of sheer intimidation of opponents Parkhead, I do think, outweighs Hampden. But Charlie Endell is right - the lack of train stations quite near to Parkhead and lack of buses going along the Gallowgate after the game was a downside.

Not allowed for Celtic games but seemed loads of folk did it on Friday night. Park on any of the streets off Duke St and its only 5 minutes back onto M8/M80

Wi

Any issues parking in the retail park at the Forge?

Not hoping to start a stampede but after a longer drive than we should have from the North the Forge seemed a safe haven, plenty of spaces and no questions asked. If I did it would have been "going to the pictures" or "KFC" with a kilt on. Why not? It was like a Zombie film with Plenty of spaces. Maybe different on a CFC matchday! It was easy to get to from North as well. I am not going Tuesday so hopefully I don't create carpark mayhem!