Idiots In Our End Last Night - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Idiots In Our End Last Night

andyg83

With all due respect you weren't at the game, Caller.

I was in Jock Stein Upper, my parents were in North Stand Upper and the only offensive thing we can report was a toxic fart someone dropped shortly after full time.

The atmosphere was brilliant on Friday. Any incidents of sectarian shouting or coin throwing would have been from a tiny minority who should be reported to the authorities and banned from football.

Sorry but one incident of this is too much and in all my years of travelling and listening to what others experienced this has been worse than most by a long way

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were in the row in front. The guy behind me had joked when he got to his seat that there was already 1 too many Irish in the home end (think it was a joke about the burd he was with).

Just before half time 2-3 pished Scotland fans about 5 seats from him kept singing the McGeady song long, long, after everybody else had stopped and you got the feeling there was probably an Old Firm connection to their chanting.

They guy behind me had obviously got fed up at this and shouted that they should give it a rest and concentrate on singing about Scotland (pretty sure he was a Celtic fan) but to be fair it was getting on everybody else's tits too.

This got them even more animated as they started directing the chant in his direction and a heated argument brewed for a bit but as was stated above, handshakes all round by half time.

I was more concerned about the farting noises made by a kilt wearer as he left the bogs after the match,,,sounded like he was marching to his own tune...the fanny-fart march. :wtf:

Pretty sure I was near you. Those 2/3 guys were s. Irish lads in the row in front of me started giving them verbals - and one man tried to approach them. Had to pull the guy back and tell him it wasn't worth it... Sitting in the away end you can't go squaring up to home fans, no matter the provocation.

The goal celebrations were ridiculous. I ended up falling on top of said Irishman. :lol: He took it well tbf.

Only complaint was that he started trying to say "good game lads, da better team won!" before the final whistle. Refused to shake hands until the referee blew.

Enjoyed meeting the vast majority of Irish fans and I canny f**king wait for Dublin in June.

First off I was saying off to his argument but as you pretty much misread everything else this should be no surprise. Second off I never mentioned the referendum, you did. Lastly I was answering various rubbish points he raised in his post talking about Union Scots and Irish Scots so why are you surprised I mention them? Seems like you either have the memory of a goldfish and/ or are being disingenuous to the point you appear willfully stupid.

edit: oh you mean feeling better about No? Yeah he does.

SO you reaslsied with your edit that you did mention the referendum and I quote

"Nationalists like you make me relieved it was a No."

the rest of your post is your usual attempt to take the moral/educational high ground and just makes you look like a sad sack so I'll leave it at that. :wave:

There we arguments around us provoked by the irish singing the soldier song and one shouting singing your supposed to be at home, whlist I don't mind sitting next to away fans I think they should be aware of where they are and keep a lid on it, had they been respectful there would have been no issue but singing away songs in the home end is stupidity it works both ways! Sure the OP wouldn't be as sympathetic to English fans doing this, same rules apply!

There we arguments around us provoked by the irish singing the soldier song and one shouting singing your supposed to be at home, whlist I don't mind sitting next to away fans I think they should be aware of where they are and keep a lid on it, had they been respectful there would have been no issue but singing away songs in the home end is stupidity it works both ways! Sure the OP wouldn't be as sympathetic to English fans doing this, same rules apply!

Yeah I can't accept that the Irish were completely innocent and this highlights it.

There was a group of Irish up in our section singing both. A few Scots shouted them down and began abusing them and I thought it was going to kick off when an irish boy came over to have a go about being called scum and pikey.

When he did several other Scots rushed over clearly looking for a fight. Thankfully myself and a few others around were able to tell them all to calm down and get back to watching the game.

The SFA deserve the stick they get however fans need to take responsibility for their own behaviour also there were far more Irish than the suggested 8000 “fair” away allocation, the allocation was a mess on both sides .This Irish guys in our Hotel complained they only knew who was getting tickets from their own association 3 weeks prior to the game after the public sale kicked off as they were guaranteed 5% they could have allocated this ages ago ,so they bought tickets in the public sale and were allocated tickets aswell , the spares being sold on to other Irish fans

Edited by jts73

I had a wonderful time at the match (I know there will be some sad to hear that :wave: ) - shouted my head off in support of Aiden - sang our national anthem and Flower of Scotland - someone three rows in front of me gave me the fingers after the goal, I replied he didn't have that much to be proud of since the no vote. Joked all the way through with others around me and messaging on the phone with Scots friends. Didn't see or hear anything offensive and thought the TA behaved as normal, great banter and passion :cheers3:

I had a wonderful time at the match (I know there will be some sad to hear that :wave: ) - shouted my head off in support of Aiden - sang our national anthem and Flower of Scotland - someone three rows in front of me gave me the fingers after the goal, I replied he didn't have that much to be proud of since the no vote. Joked all the way through with others around me and messaging on the phone with Scots friends. Didn't see or hear anything offensive and thought the TA behaved as normal, great banter and passion :cheers3:

Bringing politics into the football again - why am I not surprised :banghead:

Haven't read the thread but wonder if anyone else had the same irritating experience as we had the other night. Sitting in the old main stand next to the Ireland fans in row 11 and on two occasions in the first half, folk came up to us and wrongly accused us of being in their seats. Upon checking their tickets, there were identical seat numbers elsewhere in the same stand, in different sections. The first time it happened, the two blokes graciously apologised and moved to their correct seats however on the second occasion, the two fannies refused to move, stating that they would wait and do so at half time, despite us all being crammed in like sardines. My cousin approached a steward who simply did not want to know so then spoke to a policeman who was similarly apathetic about it to the point where my cousin was warned about his tone. The two guys then, finally, moved while muttering that they had been sent to those seats by the stewards in the first place. It could have been a flashpoint, in truth.

Haven't read the thread but wonder if anyone else had the same irritating experience as we had the other night. Sitting in the old main stand next to the Ireland fans in row 11 and on two occasions in the first half, folk came up to us and wrongly accused us of being in their seats. Upon checking their tickets, there were identical seat numbers elsewhere in the same stand, in different sections. The first time it happened, the two blokes graciously apologised and moved to their correct seats however on the second occasion, the two fannies refused to move, stating that they would wait and do so at half time, despite us all being crammed in like sardines. My cousin approached a steward who simply did not want to know so then spoke to a policeman who was similarly apathetic about it to the point where my cousin was warned about his tone. The two guys then, finally, moved while muttering that they had been sent to those seats by the stewards in the first place. It could have been a flashpoint, in truth.

Organisation was crap.

Bringing politics into the football again - why am I not surprised :banghead:

Politics is everywhere and part of life - when I arrived in Glasgow airport there were "Border UK" signs all over the place - I felt so sorry for all my Scotish nationalist friends and hope there will be "Border Scotland" signs soon :ok:

Well I enjoyed the game itself. However there was a group along from us in North Stand Upper that were complete and utter scum. They ruined the atmosphere in the area for the whole game. There was maybe 4-5 of them all absolutely blootered, kept hitting the folks in front of them during the game, fell over the seats onto them in the first couple of minutes.

They kept shouting out pure sectarian bile despite being told to shut it by several folk in various groups around them. Guy next to me went looking for the police about 30 mins into the game but the only one they found was busy chucking out a wee guy from another section that looked out of his head on something other than drink. Police said they would come back after that but never bothered. At half time we went looking for a steward to tell them about these neds but no stewards anywhere nearby (they all looked to be around the Ireland section). Went to the toilets to find a load of folk smoking and drinking buckie in there while some guy was singing English songs (WTF?!).

In the second half, a couple of Irish fans (incognito) started shouting back at the bigots and they shut-up for a while. When we scored, the drunken bigots fell onto the folk in front of them again, the girl that was with them looked hurt and a couple of them left. The drunken bams then chucked a buckie bottle away. There were also several people sitting and standing on the stairs and weren't being moved along by the stewards.

Quite frankly the lack of stopping drink or people far too pished into the ground caused the issues that I witnessed. The stewards especially appeared to be useless in the stadium itself.

well done for speaking out against these t?ssers. A fair few Irish in North Stand Upper but no hassle whatsoever. One of our guys took a nasty fall when celebrating Shaun's wonderful goal and will have a scabby heid this week but no violence involved. Like Andyg83 I am concerned to read of this sort of stuff and sincerely hope that our self policing will sort it out or even better keep this rotten element out.