Dons Debt News - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it's anti-Armageddon

When Rangers died, the Daily Record, Jim Traynor and seemingly the whole of rangersmedia got themselves into a wankfest that 5 clubs were going to die directly as a result of the new rangers not being parachuted into the top league

I believe the Daily Record had 5 clubs on their back page as going into admin within weekes.

Pretty sure three of them were Killie, Utd & Aberdeen.

All three have wiped out their bank debt and Rangers are getting monthly loans to pay the wages, whilst fans boycott.

If I knew Armageddon was going to be this good, I'd have signed up sooner.

I believe the Daily Record had 5 clubs on their back page as going into admin within weekes.

Pretty sure three of them were Killie, Utd & Aberdeen.

All three have wiped out their bank debt and Rangers are getting monthly loans to pay the wages, whilst fans boycott.

If I knew Armageddon was going to be this good, I'd have signed up sooner.

I remember when the whole rangers thing happened. Stephen Thompson said it would adversly affect utd and he was worried about the impact. he said at the time we would need to cut our cloth and sell players to compensate.

Thankfully we had a chairman and owner who did not do walking away and stuck with it through thick and thin until we were finally able to reap the rewards of the youth system and restructure the debt to clear it at the bank.

A tougher option than either one of 1) offloading a basket case business for £1 or 2) not paying tax, vat and millions of £'s of debt and going into admin (while still fielding a team winning cups and leagues and bragging about it) if you ask me.