Moaning Delaney - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Moaning Delaney

jts73

The Irish seem really annoyed at the ticket allocation but for once I think the SFA got this right. Delany's stance appears arrogant, why should we give their fans priority before our fans allocation is finalised, also to suggest the SFA would be responsible for any bother is shit stirring at its worst,seems the only "tension" is comming from them.

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/irish-chief-warns-of-tension-over-ticket-snub-1-3601046

Well if he thinks there will be bother how about the SFA tell him they have instructed the stewards to refuse entry to all Irish fans in the home end. See what his reply would be.

you make a fair point and this is entirely possible , by suggesting there may be trouble with the current lack of segregation they have diminished the chances of a pragmatic approach by the game organizers, in this context the only way for the SFA and more importantly the match controller can cover their own backside is to deny entry to Irish fans .

If I was an Irish fan I would be a bit insulted by the lack of confidence they have in their own fans to behave ,

Picked up my tickets from the Celtic ticket office today and they had notices on the counters from the SFA saying that away fans in the wrong sections were liable to be ejected.

chances of that happening....none, there will be far too many of them to start turfing them out inside and i can only imagine the rammy if they are refused entry and it causes a blockage on scotland fans getting in. basically it will be like what happens when old firm fans kick off during away games the stewards will sit back and do nothing to avoid the situation escalating

I hope they don't stop irish fans getting in. We see many Scots in the home ends when we travel. Why shouldn't other fans do it.

how many of those games though are "competitive" though. i certainly wouldnt fancy sitting in the home end in Dublin but happily did it in germany there is a completely different intensity to this game.

Edited by LewisEDI

I think he's right that the away allocation should be higher, but to link it to potential trouble is nonsensical.

SFA and FAI should have came to a written agreement guaranteeing a certain number of away fans at both games. No doubt there'll be a lot of TA upset in June.

I think he's right that the away allocation should be higher, but to link it to potential trouble is nonsensical.

SFA and FAI should have came to a written agreement guaranteeing a certain number of away fans at both games. No doubt there'll be a lot of TA upset in June.

Why ?

This is a Scotland home game afterall the demand from Ireland should not be the concern of the SFA, obviously from a commercial perspectve we should sell on what has not been taken up by Scotland fans but that should be it.

The demand is high from Scotland fans, in terms of interest this is the best/ biggest home fixture we have had for a long while ,

I would not expect the Irish to prioritise us in the way in Dublin if they want to give us 10% this will be based on their own sales porjections for home fans

Also its becoming more apparent the Irish fans (whilst understandably disappointed) do not have have a problem with the fairness of the size of their allocation but more with how the FAI allocate through the old boys and sponsors network leaving the loyal fans to scrabble around for briefs.

With the game being at Celtic park this gives them a slightly higher allocation than would have been the case at Hampden aswell

Edited by jts73

Why ?

The demand is high from Scotland fans, in terms of interest this is the best/ biggest home fixture we have had for a long while ,

Really? So high that the SFA are still selling tickets and Irish fans have bought hundreds maybe even thousands for the home end.

irrespective of the reputation of both sets of supporters doesnt stop the potential of problems with many opposing supporters sitting in the home sections

If I,m reading the article right he makes a decent point that they were only given 5% as the sfa said it was sold out when it's plainly obvious that wasnt and isnt the case

the handling and sale of the tickets has been shambolic

I have no problem whatsoever with Irish fans coming to sit in our end.

As has been mentioned before, we have done it in every stadium in we've visited most likely! (barring perhaps Wembley)

Daft to suggest there will be trouble any more than the usual fud who can't handle his drink.

Bring on Friday, atmosphere will be electric.