Obama Now A Lame Duck President - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Obama Now A Lame Duck President

Obama has been one huge disappointment for me. I had high hopes that he could make a difference, especially in Palestine, but he has done nothing of note. The right wing in America now have total control and God help us all

Before he was elected for his first term, I said he would be a failure, that he was an empty vessel who would change nothing. I dont think it was ever in doubt.

He is an excellent reader of speeches, and is good at idle chit chat, however when he was interviewed unscripted, he never looked good.

Nearly as bad as Blair IMO.

Did anyone actually believe that Obama was anything other than a right-winger who was going to pursue the same policies (especially foreign policies) as every other US President ?

There's no 'left-wing' or even middle ground in American politics. You're either a right-winger (Democrat), or ultra right-winger (Republican).

It's absolute political suicide to even get close to the middle ground. Voters will see you as a Communist.

Before he was elected for his first term, I said he would be a failure, that he was an empty vessel who would change nothing. I dont think it was ever in doubt.

He is an excellent reader of speeches, and is good at idle chit chat, however when he was interviewed unscripted, he never looked good.

Nearly as bad as Blair IMO.

Your right especially about him when he's interviewed.

"Yeah, em, urr, um, ah, now let me just say that, em, err, ah ...."

Acting's more his kind of thing, he missed the boat there.

Refers to the UK as "England" quite a lot too. When he was asked about our independence debate he clearly hadn't the first clue about Scotland.

Obama has been one huge disappointment for me. I had high hopes that he could make a difference, especially in Palestine, but he has done nothing of note. The right wing in America now have total control and God help us all

I think he/she is a big part of the problem over there.