Show us your fridge - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

10 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Thats a crammed fridge Ramy , it would be cheaper for Mrs Love just to live at the Hilton 😊

What is in the tupperware on the door, with the yellow lid ? What are all those blue cartons on the top shelf ? You have a very hygienic fridge , think i need to get myself more tupperware and less cling film.Β 

I see you have cucumber in your fridge too, it Β seems a very popular food on here. I always have cucumber in the salad drawer ( if I can make room in there when my wine stock is low) but folk on here seem to have it on the shelf. I suppose its easier to tell if it going all soft and yucky if its on the shelf, rather than lifting it out the salad drawer after it’s turned into a pile of mush and dripping over the lettuce.

So whats your favourite food out of all the food in there just now ?Β 

Β 

TD, the cartons on top are Almond Milk, very healthy....

The Tupperware is vegetable and salad, leftovers..

My wife is also a natural nutritionist, so we eat very healthy, you Wouldnae know it if yae seen ma belly..πŸ˜‚

My favourite food in the fridge, is nothing !! There is Nae sweets...πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

My wife is also a natural nutritionist, so we eat very healthy, you Wouldnae know it if yae seen ma belly..πŸ˜‚

TD, the Tupperware with the yellow lid is just water, our 2 boys are very athletic and will fill that 6 - 7 times in one day...πŸ‘€πŸ’ͺ🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

3 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I hope you have that almond milk in your PORRIDGE Β Ramy ! If I recall its quite sweet ( no doubt why you like it !) Β I am not a fan of porridge ( shocking, I know ) but I used to have it with Almond milk and raspberries years ago and it was nice.Β 
Β 

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

TD, the Tupperware with the yellow lid is just water, our 2 boys are very athletic and will fill that 6 - 7 times in one day...πŸ‘€πŸ’ͺ🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Ah, I am forgetting not everywhere is as fortunate as we are in Scotland and can just pour the purest water straight from the tap 🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 πŸ’¦

31 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I hope you have that almond milk in your PORRIDGE Β Ramy ! If I recall its quite sweet ( no doubt why you like it !) Β I am not a fan of porridge ( shocking, I know ) but I used to have it with Almond milk and raspberries years ago and it was nice.Β 
Β 

Ah, I am forgetting not everywhere is as fortunate as we are in Scotland and can just pour the purest water straight from the tap 🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 πŸ’¦

I agree 100 percent TD. I had the privilege of working in the Water business for 36 years, and I will tell you, Scotland has the best water I have ever tasted. No hint of chlorine, not hard, just about as perfect as you can get !!! 🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Oh I do not doubt the health benefits these margarine products bring. Thankfully I don’t have cholesterol problems….yet. I have tried loads of different butters / healthier options, but I only like Lurpak. Funnily enough i like it because to me it DOESNT taste as salty as others. It might just be habit .

I can only think of 2 food/ drinks I won’t compromise on , Lurpak and full fat coke. I don’t drink much fizzy juice though so the occasional coke is probably not a major problem .Β 
Β 

Quite like the snide Lurpak from both Aldi & Lidl. There's some things I feel you can scrimp on but others not...

- Cheap kitchen roll yes, toilet roll no

- Fake caramel wafers yes

- Cheese yes but just those plastic slices for burgers

- Coffee/tea, generally no

Isn't Barrs cola ok? πŸ˜‹ I don't drink much fizzy juice either but like it sometimes if needing a wee boost...

Β 

I wish I enjoyed vegetables, but I dont, never have. I like brussel sprouts, tumshy, and broccoli. That's about it. Mrs.Ramy always has vegetables in the fridge, but I never eat them. She made me a kale salad, and I wasn't having it. She just wants me.to eat healthy, but I just don't like veggies..Β  I wish I did though as it's important to have a healthy diet !!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Glad you and Mrs S got there in the end Slasher 😁 After a trip to Vegas you are lucky to still have yer house , so I wouldn’t be bothered about empty fridges .Β 

And as far as Β and teenagers go, only when you find cans of Dragon Soop in the fridge that’s when you know your attempt at parenting has failed miserably 😁 From someone who has been there …..

I’m reliably informed that Four Loko is as bad if not worse than Dragon Soup Tidy!

Anyway that’s the least of my troubles today. I virtually went straight to Celtic Park from Vegas on Saturday. I very quickly got pissed after the game and might have fallen into the slightest micro sleep in the pub, at which point my so called friends decided to have some fun at my expense. Dragged myself out of bed to work this morning and the feckin group chat is going radio rental with unflattering photos of me in a vulnerable condition and umpteen gifs or whatever the feck they’re called of poor feckers with sleep apnea/grandad naps/ sleeping beauty etc etc πŸ™ˆ

All good fun for them I’m sure but I will exact revenge on them before the end of the season somehow

Such childish behaviour πŸ˜‚πŸ€”

Edited by slasher

4 hours ago, StirlingEgg said:

Quite like the snide Lurpak from both Aldi & Lidl. There's some things I feel you can scrimp on but others not...

- Cheap kitchen roll yes, toilet roll no

- Fake caramel wafers yes

- Cheese yes but just those plastic slices for burgers

- Coffee/tea, generally no

Isn't Barrs cola ok? πŸ˜‹ I don't drink much fizzy juice either but like it sometimes if needing a wee boost...

Β 

I haven’t tried the Aldi or Lidl fake Lurpak, will give it a go πŸ‘

I was mainly referring to β€˜fat version versus healthy version’ on lurpak and coke rather than cheaper options. I just don’t like diet coke or any diet versions of drinks, the sweetener tastes too bitter . Though at a push could have diet pepsi that is definitely one of the better diet options.Β 

Absolutely agree on the loo roll , especially if you are a woman of a certain age ! 😁

Even if they tasted like shit I would buy any caramel wafers other than give Tunnocks money .Β 
Β 

5 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Β 

One other thing TD. I put the Almond Milk in my cornflakes, Rice Crispies, or portage, that's it. I do love boiled eggs, toast n beans... That's me !! πŸ˜‚πŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ ΏπŸ’ͺ

3 hours ago, slasher said:

I’m reliably informed that Four Loko is as bad if not worse than Dragon Soup Tidy!

Anyway that’s the least of my troubles today. I virtually went straight to Celtic Park from Vegas on Saturday. I very quickly got pissed after the game and might have fallen into the slightest micro sleep in the pub, at which point my so called friends decided to have some fun at my expense. Dragged myself out of bed to work this morning and the feckin group chat is going radio rental with unflattering photos of me in a vulnerable condition and umpteen gifs or whatever the feck they’re called of poor feckers with sleep apnea/grandad naps/ sleeping beauty etc etc πŸ™ˆ

All good fun for them I’m sure but I will exact revenge on them before the end of the season somehow

Such childish behaviour πŸ˜‚πŸ€”

πŸ˜‚ lets hope the pics are kept in the group chat or they could end up on The News Thread πŸ˜†

My daughters are β€˜all grown up’ now and the alcopops Β days are a distant memory ( not the drinking though unfortunately!) My youngest used to test our patience to the limits, having impromptu parties in the garage till all the hours in the morning with a large group of pals. Its been about 7 years since the last β€˜lock in’ and her and her friend went over to have a look at it the other night. They took 2 bottles of wine and came back 2 hours later wearing mexican hats and inflatables πŸ˜‚ They had one last hurrah as Mr Tidy was chucking everything out.Β 

Β 

11 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

One other thing TD. I put the Almond Milk in my cornflakes, Rice Crispies, or portage, that's it. I do love boiled eggs, toast n beans... That's me !! πŸ˜‚πŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ ΏπŸ’ͺ

You can take the guy out of Glasgow but you canny take Glasgow out the guy πŸ˜‰

On 5/4/2024 at 7:03 PM, Kirk said:

Β 

Haha you two are big fearties, I reheat rice all the time. Even worse I sometimes forget to stick it in the fridge so it's been out all night and reheated. Still alive.

Had salmonella when I was young, now that was serious food poisoning πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ spent a week in a Majorcan hospital (the one that used to be ok the TV) we were on a cruise then meant to have a week at the beach, me and the maw spent a week on deaths door πŸ™ˆ

Anyone heard from Kirk recently. I just hope he's not gone down with something reheating rice.

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I haven’t tried the Aldi or Lidl fake Lurpak, will give it a go πŸ‘

I was mainly referring to β€˜fat version versus healthy version’ on lurpak and coke rather than cheaper options. I just don’t like diet coke or any diet versions of drinks, the sweetener tastes too bitter . Though at a push could have diet pepsi that is definitely one of the better diet options.Β 

Absolutely agree on the loo roll , especially if you are a woman of a certain age ! 😁

Even if they tasted like shit I would buy any caramel wafers other than give Tunnocks money .Β 
Β 

Ahhhh I see, sorry, I get wrongendofthestick-itis quite a bit these days! πŸ˜‹

Yes same here re Tunnocks, enjoy a bit of petty boycotting πŸ™ƒ Been buying Taylors Pickled Onion lately, they took over Mackies but not sure if they're on the dark side too πŸ‘€

Apologies for going off-piste...

Β 

36 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

Yes same here re Tunnocks, enjoy a bit of petty boycotting πŸ™ƒ Been buying Taylors Pickled Onion lately, they took over Mackies but not sure if they're on the dark side too πŸ‘€

Β 

That's another thread, 'Companies you're currently boycotting'.

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

You can take the guy out of Glasgow but you canny take Glasgow out the guy πŸ˜‰

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ ΏπŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ ΏπŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ ΏπŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ Ώ

1 hour ago, StirlingEgg said:

Β 

πŸ˜‚, Β the only thing you can do, Β by going off piste in any threads I start, Β is improve them !Β 

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Anyone heard from Kirk recently. I just hope he's not gone down with something reheating rice.

😁

Come in captain @KirkΒ and let us know you ok !Β 

1 hour ago, C2405 said:

Does this count ?

IMG_4350.thumb.jpeg.08f1a63f6fd19ca3bc0765a447c6d029.jpeg

Β 

Not only does it count I would say its the most realistic fridge yet !Β 
You have a lot of miniatures, do you nick them from flights ? Β Dont tell DoontheSlope or he will be adding that to his air travel Β rant.Β 
You know i need to ask what is in the glass, Berocca by any chance? 😁 And is that a half eaten bag of crisps, surely not ? 

Yes, I’m afraid it is a half eaten bag of crisps. The contents of the glass are a miniature bottle of Absolute and Fanta Orange. It’s an all inclusive hotel but the whisky and gin are untouched whereas the vodka now gets four bottles added daily.

1 hour ago, C2405 said:

Yes, I’m afraid it is a half eaten bag of crisps. The contents of the glass are a miniature bottle of Absolute and Fanta Orange. It’s an all inclusive hotel but the whisky and gin are untouched whereas the vodka now gets four bottles added daily.

Ah, should have realised its a hotel mini bar, especially with the water cartons. Where are you, sounds Greek ? 🌞 
It still doesn’t explain the half eaten bag of crisps ! Who only eats half a bag Β ? 😁

Must be a fancy all inclusive, I haven’t been to many all inclusive places granted , but none of them have given such a generous mini bar ! 😍 Do they replace the wine bottle daily ??? I wouldn’t be making dinner any evening if they did.Β 

I think the Ikos chain originated in Greece but this one is near Estepona. The half eaten bag of crisps was my wife for some reason. I think the wine would be replaced daily as my wife and daughter asked for a glass of Rose and a glass of Prosecco and they brought an ice bucket with a bottle of each in it.