New SNP leader - Page 11 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

59 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Greens attack Kate Forbes at Swinney's first FMQs

He said: “Yesterday that signal came pretty clearly - progressive ministers sacked, and the second most powerful job in government given to someone who has opposed LGBT people’s legal equality, who has expressed judgemental attitudes against abortion, and who has even expressed the view that people who have families without being married are doing something wrong.”

He asked: “Is this the Scottish government’s vision for the future of Scotland - taking us back to the repressive values of the 1950s?”

The cunt sat beside Forbes when she was Finance Minister and said fuck all back then

Greens starting to show their true colours, very dangerous party 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, hampden_loon2878 said:

Greens starting to show their true colours, very dangerous party 

They'll do anything to stay relevant but they'll be forgotten about soon. They only reason they were relevant was because of the SNP. Its clear now that they don't care about an independent Scotland and they don't have the first clue what independence is.

16 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

They'll do anything to stay relevant but they'll be forgotten about soon. They only reason they were relevant was because of the SNP. Its clear now that they don't care about an independent Scotland and they don't have the first clue what independence is.

An extremely expensive mistake for the SNP, humza for his faults may well have limited the damage the snp would have continued to sustain with the BHA

10 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

You do realise that he isn't on the same side as you? 

I used to think that but as time passes i realise that he sees a different SNP to what everyone desperate for Independence sees and it's not as if he is often wrong

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

You do realise that he isn't on the same side as you? 

Really?  What side is that?  Wings is still on the side of independence; it's the deeply corrupted SNP that he has a problem with.  As an SNP voter all my life, I tend to agree with much of what he says.  He has called most things correctly for years, often with stuff that I found hard to believe but generally he has been spot on.

Just heard something on Radio Scotland about Swinney saying he still wants to get self ID pushed through.  That doesn't sound like a leader who wants to achieve independence.  Self ID is the main reason the GRA is so unpopular - if Swinney had any sense he'd just let the whole thing drop.  Is it stupidity or malicious sabotage?

Edited by Alibi

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Alibi said:

Really?  What side is that?  Wings is still on the side of independence; it's the deeply corrupted SNP that he has a problem with.  As an SNP voter all my life, I tend to agree with much of what he says.  He has called most things correctly for years, often with stuff that I found hard to believe but generally he has been spot on.

Just heard something on Radio Scotland about Swinney saying he still wants to get self ID pushed through.  That doesn't sound like a leader who wants to achieve independence.  Self ID is the main reason the GRA is so unpopular - if Swinney had any sense he'd just let the whole thing drop.  Is it stupidity or malicious sabotage?

I had a quick peek at that Wings post, it seems nothing to do with independence. 

I don't think you could conclude from that post if Wings was pro or anti independence.

What did Swinney say about self ID? I would not trust the unionist media to get it right

image.png.cd960c58638da63a75bc12f8635ffaec.png

Edited by exile

38 minutes ago, exile said:

What did Swinney say about self ID? I would not trust the unionist media to get it right

Exactly. I read the BBC article on this today. Looked for a quote from Swinney. There was none.

When did we start taking the unionist media as gospel? Oh that's right, when WoS starting using it to support his anti-trans agenda.

Stuart Campbell forgets he was the guy that opened so many eyes to how the media worked against the SNP. Now he works hand in glove with it because their agendas are aligned.

Since Swinney and Forbes assumed the leadership, the mood music the public were hearing was that the SNP had changed. What better way to halt that than resurrecting the trans stooshie.

2 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Exactly. I read the BBC article on this today. Looked for a quote from Swinney. There was none.

When did we start taking the unionist media as gospel? Oh that's right, when WoS starting using it to support his anti-trans agenda.

Stuart Campbell forgets he was the guy that opened so many eyes to how the media worked against the SNP. Now he works hand in glove with it because their agendas are aligned.

Since Swinney and Forbes assumed the leadership, the mood music the public were hearing was that the SNP had changed. What better way to halt that than resurrecting the trans stooshie.

I was wondering how come those headlines came to opposite conclusions. My only thought was that the media are divided as to whether it's more damaging to show the SNP as weak and succumbing to the British state or more damaging to show them as continuing to pursue a policy that will generate criticism from all sides including pro indy voices. The Telegraph chose one, the BBC the other. My guess is the BBC closer to the ground in Scotland and knows what it's doing.

4 minutes ago, exile said:

I was wondering how come those headlines came to opposite conclusions. My only thought was that the media are divided as to whether it's more damaging to show the SNP as weak and succumbing to the British state or more damaging to show them as continuing to pursue a policy that will generate criticism from all sides including pro indy voices. The Telegraph chose one, the BBC the other. My guess is the BBC closer to the ground in Scotland and knows what it's doing.

Indeed. Also, consider the respective audiences of the English Torygraph and BBC Scotland.

The SNP have no interest in Independence

Evidence number #125

"John Swinney says Scotland can be Independent 'within 5 years'

Just fuck right off

image.jpeg.a4e46214fe03275cdc73e6369a2f12ee.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The SNP have no interest in Independence

Evidence number #125

"John Swinney says Scotland can be Independent 'within 5 years'

Just fuck right off

image.jpeg.a4e46214fe03275cdc73e6369a2f12ee.jpeg

That's probably the absolute soonest it could happen. He is being very optimistic with that timescale. I would need to see that quote in context to understand what he is really saying though.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

That's probably the absolute soonest it could happen. He is being very optimistic with that timescale. I would need to see that quote in context to understand what he is really saying though.

John Swinney has said that Scottish independence can be achieved within five years “because the arguments for it are compelling”.

The first minister said that it is the “answer” to the cost of living crisis and Brexit, since these were the result of decisions made in Westminster.

Swinney told Sky News: “I think independence can be delivered in that timescale because the arguments for it are compelling.

“If we look at two of the biggest issues we face as a country in Scotland, the effect of the cost of living and the implications of Brexit, both of those major strategic factors that are doing severe economic and social damage to Scotland are because of bad decisions taken in Westminster, and independence is the answer to that.”

However, he acknowledged support for independence is not yet “compelling”.

He said: “We have got work to do to build greater support for independence, to make that support level compelling within Scotland, and that’s what my leadership will be about.”

image.png.dd87c5e4156fe514c58a2d48790ba16a.png

So, a fairly vague statement. At least he is actually talking about independence, which is a start, I suppose. Just looking at the mechanics of how it could work, I would say 5 years is the absolute minimum from where we are just now.

brexit has been an utter disaster and what’s worse is that we haven’t felt the worst of it yet. Without a decent economy everything else is pointless, yet honest John is talking about pursuing gender reform.  The Russians and chinese must piss themselves laughing at us.

self I’d and GRR should never be spoken of again.

19 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

brexit has been an utter disaster and what’s worse is that we haven’t felt the worst of it yet. Without a decent economy everything else is pointless, yet honest John is talking about pursuing gender reform.  The Russians and chinese must piss themselves laughing at us.

self I’d and GRR should never be spoken of again.

who keeps bringing it up?

50 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

So, a fairly vague statement. At least he is actually talking about independence, which is a start, I suppose. Just looking at the mechanics of how it could work, I would say 5 years is the absolute minimum from where we are just now.

Swinney could announce a Constitutional Convention today and have it before June

All SNP MPs/MSPs to attend

All ALBA MPs/MSPs to attend

Pro Independence Civic Scotland all invited including the likes of ISP, Bella Caledonia, Robin McAlpine, Wings et al

No point in inviting hard line Unionists as they have nothing to offer 

Come up with a United plan for every electoral event going forward

Ask yourself why it hasn't already happened and won't

39 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Swinney could announce a Constitutional Convention today and have it before June

All SNP MPs/MSPs to attend

All ALBA MPs/MSPs to attend

Pro Independence Civic Scotland all invited including the likes of ISP, Bella Caledonia, Robin McAlpine, Wings et al

No point in inviting hard line Unionists as they have nothing to offer 

Come up with a United plan for every electoral event going forward

Ask yourself why it hasn't already happened and won't

No Scottish Greens? 

Stuart Campbell is part of Civic Scotland?

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

No Scottish Greens? 

Stuart Campbell is part of Civic Scotland?

Thanks for making my point ...

44 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

So, you are one of those "conditional" independence supporters? 😉

i meant everyone including the Greens but;

I would have thought their "Independence is not a red line" would make them not interested AND they won't have anyone sit with ALBA so they won't come which can only be a good thing

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

i meant everyone including the Greens but;

I would have thought their "Independence is not a red line" would make them not interested AND they won't have anyone sit with ALBA so they won't come which can only be a good thing

Everybody should be invited, even the Tories, if they don't want to join in that's up to them.

If we have a constitutional convention set up before June, what then? What is the route to being independent in less than five years? Even if we got say 40 out of the 57 seats and 51% of the total vote at the general election, what then? How do we go from there to being independent?