New Ticketing System Now Live - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Ticketing System Now Live

Brummie Hibs

4 minutes ago, macwomble said:

Bottom line is that particular part of the system appears clunky! To be fair I got decent seats for us all! Just paid more them! Life goes on! 

Hopefully you will get the refund you are due :)

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, trout101 said:

What part is wrong? 

I've read the system notes, the comms and how to purchase tickets. 

The system is clunky, is not user friendly and should auto allocate the correct price point based on the member type - this is basic UI.  

Other issue such as waiting 40+ minutes in a queue, clicking the link to access and being kicked back.  The system hasn't had a stress test and essentially what is in play here is live proving with US as the testers.  

It's laziness and incompetence.

30 minutes ago, trout101 said:

The system is totally fine. It's a queue followed by selecting tickets of which there are plenty to go round. There was a booking guide showing you what to do too. Not their fault people don't read it then complain at half 10 on the day.

Folk are trying to buy tickets for a football match. They shouldn't have to study for an IT exam the night before they do it. I haven't seen this "booking guide" that you talk about anyway. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

5 minutes ago, trout101 said:

What part is wrong? 

What frustrates me is that anyone who didn’t have to go this extra stage of age verification this can question it and be an SME without having experienced it. Lol

I logged in at 9.40. Still trying to get tickets. Been kicked out 3 times. 

Trying to buy 7 adults and 3 kids. 1st time got the seats and all ready and it wouldnt go to checkout. 

Last time now of the section had 10 seats even close together. 

Do they tend to release sections at a time as surely the full south stand lower cant be sold out.

Argggghhh,
Does anyone know how the hell I check out a kids ticket ?!?!?!?!

Just spent 1hr in a queue.
Logged in to find one of our friends and family is missing,
Then couldnt work out how to check out childs tickets.
Finally got chucked off the system after 14 minutes and now back in the queue.

COMPLETE AND UTTER SHIT SHOW.

I got my tickets ok and didn’t see the email with the instructions but having looked at the email now, the way I got into the site is not what it looks like in the instructions. I had no ‘ sign in’ link like in below pic, all i got was the old ‘login’ button like previously. Nor did I get all the information showing drop down boxes that is why I found it difficult to remove the extra seats I had added by mistake. 
I got the tickets ok in the end but a bit confused as to why my layout looked different. Have I missed a step somewhere when signing up a few days ago ? 

IMG_9400.thumb.jpeg.1d33e7fe3f838507c1341e1d928a684e.jpeg

1 hour ago, beeky86 said:

one of my mates friends and fmaily showed as connected but then wasnt in the drop down. had to try adding him again and back into the queue all over againg haivng had 4 plum tickets int he basket ready to go

That happened to us too....
I logged in last night to make sure it was all ok.
Not one of group is missing !?!?!?

WTF.

10 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

The system is clunky, is not user friendly and should auto allocate the correct price point based on the member type - this is basic UI.

agreed but it doesn't and that was clear in advance

11 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

clicking the link to access and being kicked back. 

yeah obv this isn't acceptable 

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Folk are trying to buy tickets for a football match. They shouldn't have to study for an IT exam the night before they do it. I haven't seen this "booking guide" that you talk about anyway. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

over the top nonsense. It was a new system, they told us that in advance. It was a 2 minute read which was emailed to everyone. Anyway who really cares, there are easily enough tix to go round

4 minutes ago, trout101 said:

agreed but it doesn't and that was clear in advance

yeah obv this isn't acceptable 

over the top nonsense. It was a new system, they told us that in advance. It was a 2 minute read which was emailed to everyone. Anyway who really cares, there are easily enough tix to go round

I can’t believe how many people you are hooking in! Lol

2 minutes ago, trout101 said:

I know of three folk who haven't seen this booking guide. There will be loads more. They clearly haven't sent it out to everybody. Just more SFA incompetence. 

Just now, macwomble said:

I can’t believe how many people you are hooking in! Lol

He might have hooked the SFA first by selling them them this shit ticketing system. He seems very protective of a shit system that clearly doesn't work properly. 😉 🤣

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I know of three folk who haven't seen this booking guide. There will be loads more. They clearly haven't sent it out to everybody. Just more SFA incompetence. 

it will obviously have been sent to everyone 

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

He might have hooked the SFA first by selling them them this shit ticketing system. He seems very protective of a shit system that clearly doesn't work properly. 😉 🤣

it's not amazing I agree but also not as bad as people are making out . The kicking people out is obv a shambles but some of it is user error no doubt. 

13 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

No no it worked for him so all was well! See there is still a queue to get in, who can still remember when we we’re sh*** and you picked 20 seats each!!? 

Edited by macwomble

The system is an absolute shit-show....

I have x4 people listed in my friends and family.
Set it all up carefully last night and logged into check it was ok.
Yet only x3 of them listed when I try to check out tickets.
Have now been logged out twice after 14 minutes time out.

Have given up for now.

10 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

In the guide it says 

IMG_9401.jpeg.9a3da780cfc03f01996985875904e789.jpeg

I wouldn’t be surprised if they put the cart before the horse and used the new marketing list to send out the email 🙄

That was a fairly seamless process. The instructions were clear, concise and easy to carry out in real time

If people can’t hold their water and are battering through the process at speed then that’s on the member and not the team at the SSC

It clearly stated in bold writing at the login stage you’d have to select your chosen category of ticket

Hats off to the guys at the SSC. A job very well done

6 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

That was a fairly seamless process. The instructions were clear, concise and easy to carry out in real time

If people can’t hold their water and are battering through the process at speed then that’s on the member and not the team at the SSC

It clearly stated in bold writing at the login stage you’d have to select your chosen category of ticket

Hats off to the guys at the SSC. A job very well done

Some user error, but 2 hour queues and people being caught in infinite loops isn't on the user.  

Once in, it is easy enough to navigate, I agree. 

1 hour ago, Ravenous Rob said:

Buy 3 tickets for Euros using the UEFA website - circa 45 seconds

Buy 1 season ticket on SFA website - An hour and a quarter and still nowhere

There was no chance they were gonna spend enough money to get someone on board who's vaguely competent and then handle the transition competently themselves, none whatsoever

UEFA’s website budget is just a wee bit bigger than the SFA’s I think. 

Utter shambles. Every other ticketing system in the world freezes tickets when selected so nobody else can select them until your checkout is either complete or you time out and the tickets then become live again. 3 times I chose seats, changed to kids etc and by the time I went to check out the seats were no longer available.