Six Nations 2024 - Page 4 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Six Nations 2024

Hertsscot

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I would be critical of such a loss but this Italian side have proven already in this tournament they are no mugs. They should have beaten France away and troubled England too. Also we have not been as good as last year hence the defeat. We were never going to beat Ireland anyway. Time to rebuild and would prefer to see us do that under a new coach as Townsend has taken us as far as he can.

If Schoemann hadn't committed an unnecessary foul we'd have stretched the lead early in the second half and it would have been difficult for Italy to come back. I think Townsend's time is up, who replaces him, no idea.

44 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

If Schoemann hadn't committed an unnecessary foul we'd have stretched the lead early in the second half and it would have been difficult for Italy to come back. I think Townsend's time is up, who replaces him, no idea.

That effectively caused a 12 point swing (should've been 14) for one crazy act of stupidity. There was absolutely no need for him to do it. 

Saw that result coming a mile off, Italy are improving quickly, we've reached a level and actually, I feel, are a little worse than in the last few 6 Nations. 

Oh well, at least "they" have the Lions coming up... ... ... ... ... 😂

Edited by Bzzzz

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

There's a lot of bitterness towards Scotland of late, especially from Ireland and Wales.

Are they upset that Scotland aren't push overs anymore?

https://www.scotlandrugbynews.com/news/24194683.scotland-accused-arrogance-wales-legend-sam-warburton/

I see that Ugo Monya features in that article, is he ever off the tele? He's done very well in the media for a player far removed from legendary status.

Have they ever considered that Scots like beating England so much because the England, boosted by the media come across as arrogant and full of themselves. I'm absolutely certain that's not the case for many of them but it's the image they project 

Having said that there's some truth in what they say. We can't just beat England and congratulate ourselves when we then blow it against Italy and France (and very nearly blew it against Wales as well).

Edited by Hertsscot

11 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I see that Ugo Monya features in that article, is he ever off the tele? He's done very well in the media for a player far removed from legendary status.

Have they ever considered that Scots like beating England so much because the England, boosted by the media come across as arrogant and full of themselves. I'm absolutely certain that's not the case for many of them but it's the image they project 

Having said that there's some truth in what they say. We can't just beat England and congratulate ourselves when we then blow it against Italy and France (and very nearly blew it against Wales as well).

1) Monya is an ignorant fool, he buys into the Scotland only try against England Narrative. We have beaten Wales and France on more than one occasion in the 6N lately so its not just England we are beating. Ireland are the only team we haven't beaten in the last 5 years. We are not alone in out enjoyment of beating England. You will struggle to find a nation who would support them at any support. Finally on England, Scotland just won the Calcutta for the 4th time in a row, something they have not done since 1896 so I am happy if they enjoy that moment. I sure as fuck did. Monya should be asking why Scotland, who have limited resources compared to England were able to win 4 Calcutta cups in a row in this era

2) Warburton - I am happy to say he can go fuck himself. Since the professional era Wales have battered us, including 9 6N wins in a row. Winning in Cardiff was massive this year - we haven't won their since 2002 so again I am happy for our lads to enjoy it. Warburton is sour in my opinion because its Wales turn to battle for the wooden spoon instead of us. After the game in Cardiff this year I was raging after being delighted at the win. I was raging because you would have thought Wales won, the pundits were critical of scotland and praising Wales. Wales couldn't beat a Scotland team who were down to 14 for the majority of that match. When scotland had 15, they dominated wales. Finally on Wales, if Warburton wants to talk arrogance, he should go for a tour of the pubs in Cardiff on game days, I have never encountered a more arrogant bunch than Welsh Rugby fans. 

I honestly think some of these ex player pundits are sour about Scotland because we are no longer push overs, playing Scotland is now a challenge, personally I believe Scotland should've competed for the 6N title this year but thats a different debate. Scotland can compete in any game now if they turn up and keep their discipline. 

15 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Was quite disappointed reading that. Maybe there were two players being twats but there's no need to start analysing it as "a cultural thing". They really like us on a tight leash about anything across sport, current affairs the lot. I don't think generally as a nation we are arrogant or complacent; if anything the humour often brings folk down to earth quickly. I see this bitterness or grudging congratulations a lot and don't understand it but wasn't sure if it was just my tartan specs...Was thinking the other day about the Euros and how we'll be portrayed in coverage internationally, might be interesting...