Turnstiles & Ticket Checks - Scotland v Germany - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Turnstiles & Ticket Checks

Redondo

With all the chat of family/friends in different sections, does anybody know how the turnstiles are set up.  It looks like one general set of turnstiles into the main concourse for all, and then find your section/block.  maybe tickets checked again when you go into your respective section?  It might make seat swaps easier if we’re all through the turnstiles with our own tickets and it’s just a matter of working out how to swap to a different section?

29 minutes ago, Redondo said:

With all the chat of family/friends in different sections, does anybody know how the turnstiles are set up.  It looks like one general set of turnstiles into the main concourse for all, and then find your section/block.  maybe tickets checked again when you go into your respective section?  It might make seat swaps easier if we’re all through the turnstiles with our own tickets and it’s just a matter of working out how to swap to a different section?

usually they check again in specific section. Depending on traffic you may be able to slip through...

1 minute ago, HelloJock said:

I have two tickets for the German game on the same UEFA account, should that guarantee that they'll be next to each other?

So Do i, father and son. I'm presuming they will be together.

He is under 18 after all...

On 12/8/2023 at 11:24 AM, Redondo said:

From memory of the three games in last Euros.

There was a perimeter check where you had your ticket checked, then activated and ID check (although I seem to recall that was inconsistent).

Then channelled towards turnstiles but inside was able to move around concourse. E.g. at Wembley the England fans were at the same bars as us.

It was unusual though because of such low crowds due to covid

1 hour ago, GLOSTA said:

From memory of the three games in last Euros.

There was a perimeter check where you had your ticket checked, then activated and ID check (although I seem to recall that was inconsistent).

Then channelled towards turnstiles but inside was able to move around concourse. E.g. at Wembley the England fans were at the same bars as us.

It was unusual though because of such low crowds due to covid

I think the bars were closed. They were just handing out bottles of water. 

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I think the bars were closed. They were just handing out bottles of water. 

This was the case at Hampden but not Wembley. I’m not sure about any of the other venues. If they sold alcohol at Hampden I bet the kiosks would have been open there as well. 

1 hour ago, GLOSTA said:

We were definitely drinking beer at Wembley - Heineken I think

Ah OK, I didn't go to the Wembley game. I picked the two games that we lost. 🤣 I'm fairly sure there was nothing on sale at Hampden at all. All kiosks closed. I took my own grub as we were told to be in an hour before kickoff. 

48 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Ah OK, I didn't go to the Wembley game. I picked the two games that we lost. 🤣 I'm fairly sure there was nothing on sale at Hampden at all. All kiosks closed. I took my own grub as we were told to be in an hour before kickoff. 

Yes. that is right. Scotland had more rigid rules. I remember the packed lunch experience 

• 1 month later...

Given the different price category's I imagine they will set up internal checks to make sure everyone goes the the correct section.

How strict they will be and how well policed only time will tell. But as it the opener vs Germany is UEFA's show piece I expect them to be extra strict. The other two, maybe more relaxed ?

4 hours ago, GroundsKeeper said:

Given the different price category's I imagine they will set up internal checks to make sure everyone goes the the correct section.

How strict they will be and how well policed only time will tell. But as it the opener vs Germany is UEFA's show piece I expect them to be extra strict. The other two, maybe more relaxed ?

If German stewards at play, then bit easier as at German league games they are easy due to terrace standing. I heard rumours that for game in Cologne the local stewards from home games will be in charge. 

• 4 weeks later...

buying from sites like ticombo, anyone know whats the chances of being stopped etc if name doesnt match the ticket?  anyone used tickets like that before?  its looking like 300 quid a ticket for the swiss game so just need to understand the risks.

22 hours ago, giblet said:

buying from sites like ticombo, anyone know whats the chances of being stopped etc if name doesnt match the ticket?  anyone used tickets like that before?  its looking like 300 quid a ticket for the swiss game so just need to understand the risks.

I understand that the ticket will be transfered to YOUR UEFA app and should have YOUR name on it. 

Tickets arent sent out until matchday or 3 days before the game at most.

Any purchases apart from uefa direct come with a HIGH risk. 

Gooodluck 

16 minutes ago, GroundsKeeper said:

I understand that the ticket will be transfered to YOUR UEFA app and should have YOUR name on it. 

Gooodluck 

My understanding is the UEFA ticket allows one change of name/transfer? Supposed to prevent multiple changes by scammers.
If it hits your phone from a resale site with a different name than yours, you can halt the money transfer as it doesn’t get released to the seller until you confirm it’s ok? Happy to be corrected if that’s wrong. 
That should be the set up with the more ‘reputable’ resale sites but still a level of risk, especially at the prices they are charging. 

1 hour ago, GroundsKeeper said:

Gooodluck 

Where did you see the info on when the tickets are being sent out? Can't find anything except that  they will be sent out nearer the time of the match. No specific time eg 3 days before or on matchday. 

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Where did you see the info on when the tickets are being sent out? Can't find anything except that  they will be sent out nearer the time of the match. No specific time eg 3 days before or on matchday. 

For the last EUROs they were made available 10 days before each game. Haven't seen anything about what they are planning this time round.

4 hours ago, GroundsKeeper said:

Re the last euros, I can recall ticket not being activated until I was within the vicinity of the stadium on matchday.

So how are the secondary ticket sites going to distribute tickets???

You are correct, but validating is the final process, if you have a UEFA non SSC bought ticket you firstly transfer it to another person. They then arrive at the ground and go through the validation purpose, for themselves using their own App and individual Logon.

55 minutes ago, macwomble said:

You are correct, but validating is the final process, if you have a UEFA non SSC bought ticket you firstly transfer it to another person. They then arrive at the ground and go through the validation purpose, for themselves using their own App and individual Logon.

Can see lots of angry fans when their tickets fail the validation and they realise they've bought dud tickets.

On 2/7/2024 at 2:41 PM, Derekm said:

My understanding is the UEFA ticket allows one change of name/transfer? Supposed to prevent multiple changes by scammers.
If it hits your phone from a resale site with a different name than yours, you can halt the money transfer as it doesn’t get released to the seller until you confirm it’s ok? Happy to be corrected if that’s wrong. 
That should be the set up with the more ‘reputable’ resale sites but still a level of risk, especially at the prices they are charging. 

I bought my two tickets last time (Czech and Croatia games) off of a tour website. Put my email address in the transaction and within minutes two tickets were in my app. I then went to the app and forwarded one of my tickets to my Dad. So that was at least three transactions. Original purchaser - to me - to my Dad.

Croatia ticket was an official Croatian ticket. Again, no dramas, it just appeared in my app. IIRC you couldn’t even get in to the U.K. from Croatia so there must have been loads of official Croatian allocations knocking about. Only taken up by Croatians living in the U.K.

J