codes from Uefa received? - Page 16 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

codes from Uefa received?

TA-West Germany

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, aufc_bawbag said:

Why 10.30? Why! Just send the fucking things now. 

They probably don’t have them yet. 

Original codes should definitely have been sent yesterday but not sure if sending the new ones today would be an option. 

How many folk will try to use the codes sent out today, by mistake? The codes won't work, but some might not understand why the codes aren't working. We already know that a lot of folk don't read their emails properly and even if they do they don't always understand them. That's not always their fault as the SFA are shyte communicators. 

I predict another shambles tomorrow. For those who need to book tome off for the sale, I think you should just wait until Friday. Should be sorted by then? 😂

1 minute ago, thesaint said:

Only plan available is to apply as soon after 12 as possible and keep fingers crossed. It'all up in the air regarding the cheaper tickets. Good luck guys. 

We all have the same chance of getting the cheaper tickets (if you have at least 12 points) which is fair enough.

My post was just a Blackadder joke though. I wasn’t suggesting anyone actually needed a cunning plan. 

Always seem to be guys who somehow find an edge with these sort of online ticket sales be it football or music tickets. I take it won't allow you to buy before 12pm but if you apply before 12pm does it put you at top of a waiting list to buy when the sale starts. Not something i have ever done but plenty of guys i know have tried and succeeded by doing this sort of thing(admittedly usually for concert tickets) Hopefully it won't allow you to do this and everyone gets a fair chance. Surely it won't allow people to get an advantage. 

50 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

I emailed the SFA and this was there response.

No, the email addresses do not need to match. You can have different email addresses however, it is too late to change the email address that your access code will be sent to.

So, looks all good to have different email addresses for SFA and UEFA.

Excellent, and apologies for the confusion

2 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Always seem to be guys who somehow find an edge with these sort of online ticket sales be it football or music tickets. I take it won't allow you to buy before 12pm but if you apply before 12pm does it put you at top of a waiting list to buy when the sale starts. Not something i have ever done but plenty of guys i know have tried and succeeded by doing this sort of thing(admittedly usually for concert tickets) Hopefully it won't allow you to do this and everyone gets a fair chance. Surely it won't allow people to get an advantage. 

The SFA website can be manipulated like that I think but not sure the UEFA one can. 

I remember in the old days we used to change the last digit in the ticket sales phone number from 0 to 1 and you’d get through straight away instead of queueing for ages. 

12 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

We all have the same chance of getting the cheaper tickets (if you have at least 12 points) which is fair enough.

My post was just a Blackadder joke though. I wasn’t suggesting anyone actually needed a cunning plan. 

Yeah. I did realise that it was tongue in cheek but to be honest as stated in above post i know guys who have tried going early for concert tickets and it has worked. Maybe that was for phone sales though as i'm not sure it could work online. Anyway fingers crossed again. Good luck. 

10 minutes ago, thesaint said:

If you try entering your code before 12 o clock it won't let you go further.Codes are activated at 12

Just now, thesaint said:

Yeah. I did realise that it was tongue in cheek but to be honest as stated in above post i know guys who have tried going early for concert tickets and it has worked. Maybe that was for phone sales though as i'm not sure it could work online. Anyway fingers crossed again. Good luck. 

You can do it with the normal Scotland tickets sales. There was a big discussion on here before about it. If you went in before the start time you couldn’t actually buy them but they sat in your ‘basket’ so when the sale time kicked in you were first to get tickets. Thats why people were going mental if they signed in at exactly 10 am for instance and all the tickets were gone. 
I would be very surprised if Uefa allowed that to happen though , especially when access codes are required, its more complex . 

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

You can do it with the normal Scotland tickets sales. There was a big discussion on here before about it. If you went in before the start time you couldn’t actually buy them but they sat in your ‘basket’ so when the sale time kicked in you were first to get tickets. Thats why people were going mental if they signed in at exactly 10 am for instance and all the tickets were gone. 
I would be very surprised if Uefa allowed that to happen though , especially when access codes are required, its more complex . 

That’s push from the SSC yet again. WTF software do they use? Cheap probably. 

Why not take the website down until the sales time?

J

4 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

That’s push from the SSC yet again. WTF software do they use? Cheap probably. 

Why not take the website down until the sales time?

J

Yeah its not right.  I think there was a sort of ‘ optimum ‘ time  where if you went in too early your basket got emptied but if you hit the right time you were top of the queue. It was quite a skill ! 

46 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

How many folk will try to use the codes sent out today, by mistake? The codes won't work, but some might not understand why the codes aren't working. We already know that a lot of folk don't read their emails properly and even if they do they don't always understand them. That's not always their fault as the SFA are shyte communicators. 

I predict another shambles tomorrow. For those who need to book tome off for the sale, I think you should just wait until Friday. Should be sorted by then? 😂

That will be my husband. He has already forwarded me his email from today ‘ so  i have the codes for tomorrow’  as he can't get more time off 🙄 
To make matters worse he gets his personal emails on his works phone but he cant turn the wifi on on his phone as it mucks up his work stuff ( his technical term for it ) . So when i get my email with the code tomorrow i need to contact him and he needs to quickly switch on his wifi which then lets his email through, then forward it to me. Then switch his wifi off. 
This is going to be horrific. 

2 hours ago, dougiemacfarlanearran said:

Correct I’m on arran and havnt missed a home game in years even back to the dark days of 8000 or so there on a pissing wet November night getting roundly pumped as per! Also live on arran so every home games an away game, 2 half days, ferry fares, train fares hotel etc etc etc oh and a couple of blue lagoons!!!! 
wasnt that long ago there’s was no reward for homes games so I’m all for rewarding loyalty sorry!

I love this commitment and I do feel that the current points systems is fair and I’m a person who has been in the home end for many of our away trips. Accumulating points now as my wages have finally recently allowed me to go to more random and obscure places. 

Also been going since 1999 and haven’t missed a home game. Home games needed rewarded too. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

That will be my husband. He has already forwarded me his email from today ‘ so  i have the codes for tomorrow’  as he can't get more time off 🙄 
To make matters worse he gets his personal emails on his works phone but he cant turn the wifi on on his phone as it mucks up his work stuff ( his technical term for it ) . So when i get my email with the code tomorrow i need to contact him and he needs to quickly switch on his wifi which then lets his email through, then forward it to me. Then switch his wifi off. 
This is going to be horrific. 

Can't see anything going wrong with that plan. 😂

1 hour ago, GaryWood34 said:

I love this commitment and I do feel that the current points systems is fair and I’m a person who has been in the home end for many of our away trips. Accumulating points now as my wages have finally recently allowed me to go to more random and obscure places. 

Also been going since 1999 and haven’t missed a home game. Home games needed rewarded too. 

I think the next change the SFA should make is equal loyalty points for home and away games.

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Can't see anything going wrong with that plan. 😂

Aye, I might suggest he joins you and just waits for the last 16 😆

He said earlier’ I only get my emails when I walk in the house so i will need to try and get  back home.
I said ‘ the emails come in because wifi kicks in you just need to get wifi you dont need to come all the way home …

4 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

But they do. Of course they do.

By law, employed people have holiday. At the absolute least, everyone has at least 4 weeks.

I'm a IT contractor. I don't have a holiday entitlement. I have to fit in time off between projects & it rarely lines up with Scotland away games. I even struggle to get the odd half day off to go to midweek home games (club & country) at times.