codes from Uefa received? - Page 14 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

codes from Uefa received?

TA-West Germany

My best guess at the scenario is:

Email Operator: I don't think an hour's is long enough to get these 15,000 emails out. We need more time.

Supervisor: Oh ok, we tested sending  10,000 in an hour so start at 10:30 

Between them neither thought: why did we test 10,000 in a hour or isn't 15,000 emails a bit high for 7,800 members on 12+ points?

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Craigos said:

I think the only fair way to solve this is to offer everyone over 12 points a ticket at the average price (£210 for Munich, probably half this for the other games) in a 48-hour window next week; that way nobody needs to take any more unpaid leave, reschedule any meetings or take another sickie - we just buy a ticket when convenient. This would also make it easier to link bookings making sure groups and families were seated together.

Typed this out then saw your post... I agree with you re: average price, but issue with Munich is that the average price is still a scandal, so you wouldn't get the buy in from the members with higher points!

12 pointer here.  Selfishly hoping that the SSC don't use this as a chance to restructure the sale in any way, but I don't think I could complain if they did.  If I was on 20+ points I'd be pissed of if 12 pointers were grabbing cheap tickets at my expense.

The money grab by UEFA is fucking angersome though.  I get that the opening fixture should maybe be more expensive for neutrals and the prawn sandwich brigade, but I think they could have offset the crazy expensive seats by offering more cheap category seats to the two unlucky associations.

It would have been nice if UEFA had allowed the assosciations more control of how the pricing is applied. Maybe then they could have agreed an approach that didn't involve huge massive disparity between the prices different SSC members will pay. 

For example (cig packet calculation).  Before we were drawn in the opening fixture, - They could have offered a package to Games 1, 2 and 3 everyone on 12+ points for around 70 euro per match.  UEFA would not have lost a penny and everyone pays a similar (fair?) amount.  Different points thesholds / prices could apply, but you get the gist.  Granted, some people will have a better/worse view of the pitch than others who have paid the same, but it makes the whole process of seating with friends easier (because you lose the "category" from the ticket sale) and prevents unlucky ones from being extorted.

They could still do that for Games 2 and 3.  Have 12pts or more?  70ish euro and you are in.  Simple. No sweating or panicking.

9 minutes ago, trout101 said:

There's nothing wrong with them starting the sale at 12+ points, that leaves enough tickets for everyone. Points get you first access to tickets, not guaranteed access to the cheaper ones.

You're right. Kind of.

The 32-12 points sale isn't really the problem... The shocking cost of the tickets is.

If the tickets were 30, 50, 70, 90 Euros, nobody would be even be debating the (32-12 points) sales process.

1 minute ago, fergiektid said:

Typed this out then saw your post... I agree with you re: average price, but issue with Munich is that the average price is still a scandal, so you wouldn't get the buy in from the members with higher points!

12 pointer here.  Selfishly hoping that the SSC don't use this as a chance to restructure the sale in any way, but I don't think I could complain if they did.  If I was on 20+ points I'd be pissed of if 12 pointers were grabbing cheap tickets at my expense.

The money grab by UEFA is fucking angersome though.  I get that the opening fixture should maybe be more expensive for neutrals and the prawn sandwich brigade, but I think they could have offset the crazy expensive seats by offering more cheap category seats to the two unlucky associations.

It would have been nice if UEFA had allowed the assosciations more control of how the pricing is applied. Maybe then they could have agreed an approach that didn't involve huge massive disparity between the prices different SSC members will pay. 

For example (cig packet calculation).  Before we were drawn in the opening fixture, - They could have offered a package to Games 1, 2 and 3 everyone on 12+ points for around 70 euro per match.  UEFA would not have lost a penny and everyone pays a similar (fair?) amount.  Different points thesholds / prices could apply, but you get the gist.  Granted, some people will have a better/worse view of the pitch than others who have paid the same, but it makes the whole process of seating with friends easier (because you lose the "category" from the ticket sale) and prevents unlucky ones from being extorted.

They could still do that for Games 2 and 3.  Have 12pts or more?  70ish euro and you are in.  Simple. No sweating or panicking.

You are assuming UEFA, FIFA, SFA and the likes is set up for the fans. When they are set up to extract as much money as they can from the fans. Playing on the irrational loyalty that comes with being a football fan.

No other “product” would we put up with this. But make a stand and don’t go and there will be thousands of others who have no qualms.

J

10 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

There speaks someone who hasn’t been arsed going to the less attractive games that have gone to low points levels recently. I’m on 17 but was in Dublin & Krakow with home end tickets, I’ve since managed some away games & boosted my points. Effort & commitment deserves the reward of preferential ticket access.

You miss my point.

I accept that effort & commitment deserves some reward, but not when that effort is only made possible by existing preferential treatment.

I too have been to away matches, with tickets for the wrong end, when I failed to have enough points, to even enter a ballot.

Not everyone can afford to take time off work midweek for away matches.

For those well heeled enough to do so, as others have commented, give them early access to Cat 1 & 2 seats.

5 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

You're right. Kind of.

The 32-12 points sale isn't really the problem... The shocking cost of the tickets is.

If the tickets were 30, 50, 70, 90 Euros, nobody would be even be debating the (32-12 points) sales process.

100% this. And it will only be the opening game that's got people up in arms.

Nothing wrong with opening up the sale to everyone that's guaranteed a ticket.

I think the thing about tiered release is the lack of precedent. 

It’s not an absurd suggestion, but would potentially be an unreasonable time to do it for the first time. Yes, tiered releases are normal, but they’re based on ticket availability rather than pricing tiers of tickets. 

Perhaps something SSC should address at renewal point.

7 minutes ago, trout101 said:

Was there ever a need to take a full day off work when it was at most half an hour over lunch time you needed to be by a computer or phone? Probs nearer 15 mins

Aye it's not exactly France 98. Spent a day off on redial listening to an engaged tone 😖😄

13 minutes ago, quaixy said:

You miss my point.

I accept that effort & commitment deserves some reward, but not when that effort is only made possible by existing preferential treatment.

I too have been to away matches, with tickets for the wrong end, when I failed to have enough points, to even enter a ballot.

Not everyone can afford to take time off work midweek for away matches.

For those well heeled enough to do so, as others have commented, give them early access to Cat 1 & 2 seats.

A lot of folk have to take time off for games at Hampden as well, there has to be some system that rewards effort, cost & time watching Scotland & it’s as fair as it can be now.

TBF to SFA : they had to draw a line between 11 & 12 points as there's almost 8000 members on 12+ points, 10,000 tickets & another 7,000 members on 11 points.

How many, of what category/price of seat will trickle down to 11 points is up for debate.

15 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

You're right. Kind of.

Of course they wouldn't but then that is the whole nub of this issue. The price difference between tickets creates the situation where somebody on 12 points is sitting with the cheap tickets when somebody who has 32 points possibly wouldn't be able to afford 400 or 600 euros and miss the match. It is a totally different situation to normal games where the difference in the price of tickets usually isn't an issue. 

28 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Was assuming it will be tomorrow or more likely Friday for the sale. 

I'd imagine the codes will be generated quickly but there will be over 40,000 of them to replace now.

Given that UEFA have been spacing out the sales to different associations to reduce traffic, could we be moved to the end of the list? That might mean weeks to wait!

3 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

I think 12 pointers would have a genuine grievance if they retroactively changed the sales schedule now following an unintentional mess up.

I agree it should have been 32-21 then 21-17 or whatever initially, but changing it now would be incredibly shady.

Don’t think they can lose any more credibility than they have already!! 🤣

5 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

A lot of folk have to take time off for games at Hampden as well, there has to be some system that rewards effort, cost & time watching Scotland & it’s as fair as it can be now.

Correct I’m on arran and havnt missed a home game in years even back to the dark days of 8000 or so there on a pissing wet November night getting roundly pumped as per! Also live on arran so every home games an away game, 2 half days, ferry fares, train fares hotel etc etc etc oh and a couple of blue lagoons!!!! 
wasnt that long ago there’s was no reward for homes games so I’m all for rewarding loyalty sorry!

27 minutes ago, fergiektid said:

Nae a bad suggestion but you’re giving the money grabbing arseholes who run football credit for caring about the lifeblood of football I.e. the paying supporters.

4 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

I'd imagine the codes will be generated quickly but there will be over 40,000 of them to replace now.

Given that UEFA have been spacing out the sales to different associations to reduce traffic, could we be moved to the end of the list? That might mean weeks to wait!

Record are saying tomorrow at 12

6 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

I think 12 pointers would have a genuine grievance if they retroactively changed the sales schedule now following an unintentional mess up.

I agree it should have been 32-21 then 21-17 or whatever initially, but changing it now would be incredibly shady.

My thoughts exactly. I genuinely would have had no problem if staged sales had been set from the outset but I would be bloody angry after today’s fiasco if they changed the process too. 
Unfortunately I feel they may be considering this. 

2 minutes ago, dougiemacfarlanearran said:

Correct I’m on arran and havnt missed a home game in years even back to the dark days of 8000 or so there on a pissing wet November night getting roundly pumped as per! Also live on arran so every home games an away game, 2 half days, ferry fares, train fares hotel etc etc etc oh and a couple of blue lagoons!!!! 
wasnt that long ago there’s was no reward for homes games so I’m all for rewarding loyalty sorry!

Totally agree, we don’t all live next to Hampden.