codes from Uefa received? - Page 4 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

codes from Uefa received?

TA-West Germany

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

Loyalty points are to guarantee tickets not cheaper tickets. Your point is valid to be fair but UEFA will want the tickets shifted as quickly as possible so I doubt the SFA has much of a choice. 

I’m nowhere near the top of the points table these days. But their loyalty should be rewarded, I know that some will disagree, but many high pointers simply won’t be able to afford or justify paying 400 let alone 600 Euros. It’s just wrong. 

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I’m nowhere near the top of the points table these days. But their loyalty should be rewarded, I know that some will disagree, but many high pointers simply won’t be able to afford or justify paying 400 let alone 600 Euros. It’s just wrong. 

I don’t necessarily disagree but it’s not something that is normally considered.

Whether having more loyalty points should entitle someone to first go at cheaper tickets is debatable but it’s not how it normally works. The SFA alway base the sales schedule on how many tickets are an available and open the sale to the number of members accordingly and don’t take the price into consideration. Admittedly there isn’t normally such a difference between the cheapest and most expensive tickets.

The vast majority (if not everyone who wants one) of 32-12 pointers will get a ticket for the Germany game for €195 tomorrow.

Maybe it’s something the SFA will consider if we continue to qualify regularly? 

1 hour ago, Bristolhibby said:

It is but like everything we’ve been slowly shifted to accept it.

Im going to Cardiff for the rugby and an OK ticket £115. Which is scandalous. I think my first ever game in Cardiff in 1996 was £13!

€195 is £170. Not that big a leap from £115 to £170. 

J

What choice do we have? If you don’t pay the asking price for these things then someone else will. 

I think we can all agree that no game of football (except maybe Scotland in the World Cup final 😂) is worth €600 or even €400. I can guarantee you the game will be a sell out though so UEFA will say the pricing was reasonable. 

9 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I don’t necessarily disagree but it’s not something that is normally considered.

Whether having more loyalty points should entitle someone to first go at cheaper tickets is debatable but it’s not how it normally works. 

From a club point of view, those with the most loyalty points get a choice of the best seats for a semi or final at Hampden before the loyalty threshold drops.

They could have said 18+ points at 12pm then 12+ points at 8pm or something rather than a lunchtime free for all.

39 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I am on 16 points so closer to the lower end but I agree with you that those on higher points should get first choice. 

I refuse to pay Eur 400 or Eur 600 for a ticket regardless of whether I can afford it or not. Its bloody robbery and is like everything in life these days, money buys you everything ,  I am not encouraging it. It’s not Scotland fans fault we were drawn for the opening match. 
We already have a bit of a headache getting to Munich due to some poor planning on my part, that price of ticket would make the decision for me probably not to travel. 

20 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I am on 16 points so closer to the lower end but I agree with you that those on higher points should get first choice. 

I refuse to pay Eur 400 or Eur 600 for a ticket regardless of whether I can afford it or not. Its bloody robbery and is like everything in life these days, money buys you everything ,  I am not encouraging it. It’s not Scotland fans fault we were drawn for the opening match. 
We already have a bit of a headache getting to Munich due to some poor planning on my part, that price of ticket would make the decision for me probably not to travel. 

I don’t have a problem with the pricing, it’s basic supply and demand! What’s not right is that we are being penalised along with German fans for being A1 and A2, whilst every other group game is priced considerably lower!  

2 minutes ago, macwomble said:

I don’t have a problem with the pricing, it’s basic supply and demand! What’s not right is that we are being penalised along with German fans for being A1 and A2, whilst every other group game is priced considerably lower!  

Thats what I mean. Yes, the opening game is a reasonably big thing , but not enough to justify those prices, its taking the piss. If it was the final I think the prices would be acceptable but I dont think its fair imposing those prices on fans simply through some luck of the draw. 

1 hour ago, Sempre said:

From a club point of view, those with the most loyalty points get a choice of the best seats for a semi or final at Hampden before the loyalty threshold drops.

They could have said 18+ points at 12pm then 12+ points at 8pm or something rather than a lunchtime free for all.

They could have done that but it would have been more hassle than they were probably willing to put up with. 

As I mentioned earlier the loyalty system is set up to ensure those who attend the most games can get first access to tickets not first access to the cheapest tickets. 

I wouldn’t have had an issue if they had done it the way you suggested but I also don’t have a problem with the way it has been done as it is the way it has always been done. 

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

They sent them out the day before last time. Not sure why they wouldn’t do the same for this one. 

I mentioned earlier that the website was down last night so I wonder if they originally meant to send them out today but have had system problems which has delayed it until tomorrow? I suspect we’ll never know. 

If they always planned on sending the emails an hour before the sale going live and there is a delay for some people the SFA will have some explaining to do. 

Starting to get a horrible feeling about this.Can see people getting the emails after the sale has started .The sfa would have some explaining to do but it wouldn't help anybody if by the time they got on there were only 400 or 600 euro tickets left.It would just be hard f..king luck i'm afraid.Can only keep fingers crossed that it goes smoothly.

1 hour ago, Bingo Foot Soldier said:

Who is to decide what the term loyalty means . 

Probably been a lot of people have went to every home game since 1998. Are they any less loyal than the folk who have attended the away games ? Of course not.

SFA have got this spot on. 

No they haven't.

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Whether having more loyalty points should entitle someone to first go at cheaper tickets is debatable but it’s not how it normally works. The SFA alway base the sales schedule on how many tickets are an available and open the sale to the number of members accordingly and don’t take the price into consideration. Admittedly there isn’t normally such a difference between the cheapest and most expensive tickets.

The vast majority (if not everyone who wants one) of 32-12 pointers will get a ticket for the Germany game for €195 tomorrow.

Maybe it’s something the SFA will consider if we continue to qualify regularly? 

As you said though the big difference this time is the huge difference in prices between the tickets.The guys who have the big points should be rewarded with the first choice of tickets.Normally the difference in ticket prices isn't really an issue but in this case it probably will decide whether most people can get to the game or not.195 euros is my limit and that really is pushing the boat out.Sure many folk in the same position.

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

They could have done that but it would have been more hassle than they were probably willing to put up with. 

As I mentioned earlier the loyalty system is set up to ensure those who attend the most games can get first access to tickets not first access to the cheapest tickets. 

I wouldn’t have had an issue if they had done it the way you suggested but I also don’t have a problem with the way it has been done as it is the way it has always been done. 

God forbid they should have to experience any hassle.Membership fees???

If it helps the SSC has came back to me and told me that the emails we have received over the past few days are from the marketing list. The Access code list has been pulled fresh this morning and therefore if you updated prior all is good. 

I paid a large sum for an important football game once , i never regretted it once even though the result didn’t go my way.  If you are in a position to afford it my advice would be buy it and just continue hating the scum that is UEFA and FIFA. 

3 hours ago, thesaint said:

God forbid they should have to experience any hassle.Membership fees???

Everyone pays membership fees though not just those who have 32 points. The SSC are unlikely to bend over backwards to suit a small group of people when they are already providing the service they said they would. 

As I have said previously I wouldn’t have a problem if they staggered the sale further (it would probably help me get a cheaper ticket as I have more than 12 points) but all the points system is designed to do is ensure those eligible can get tickets not for those on higher points to hoover up all the cheap tickets. 

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

Calm doon min, they are not sending them out until 1100. It's every minute after that you should start worrying. Following Scotland should come with a health warning. 😂

I will remain patient for the next 2.5 hours 😇🤣

31 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes I know we know our schedule but other countries are different with some going on sale later.

That was decided by UEFA to allow for a staggered sales process for 21 countries.  

The sales process is no different to any other allocation.  People are just too stupid to realise it because they're so fixated on the ticket costs.  

4 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

I think we all know the reason why the codes are sent at 11 is perhaps because some are generic and could be shared.

By sending them at 11 by the time word gets out they’ll be bought up and too late anyway.

I thought it was more likely to prevent people selling the code prior to 12:00. Unlikely I know, but there may be people who can't go and would sell their code.