codes from Uefa received? - Page 3 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

codes from Uefa received?

TA-West Germany

34 minutes ago, radian_13 said:

Would rather watch in the fan zones than pay 600€ for a ticket, ridiculous price.

Even €195 is ridiculous for a game of football. In a few years when I think back on us pumping the hosts in the opening game I won’t be thinking about what I paid for my ticket though. 

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Cat 1 tickets for the final are a grand. That’s obscene. Luckily we won’t need to worry about going to that game. 😂

Ye of little faith! 😂

It is a lot of money, but think it needs a bit of context with the level of event it is and comparison to what folk pay for concerts or other big sporting events. Look at going to el Classico, or a day out at Wimbledon or the US Open. 

39 minutes ago, radian_13 said:

Would rather watch in the fan zones than pay 600€ for a ticket, ridiculous price.

Cat 1 and 2 are a disgrace. Even if i could afford it i couldn't force myself to. pay 400 or 600 euros for a football match. Even the 190 euros is borderline. Dissapointed that there are not more lower price tickets. Got a feeling the tartan army will be well represented in the Munich fan zone. 

10 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Ye of little faith! 😂

It is a lot of money, but think it needs a bit of context with the level of event it is and comparison to what folk pay for concerts or other big sporting events. Look at going to el Classico, or a day out at Wimbledon or the US Open. 

Aye but you can see 8 hours of tennis or golf at Wimbledon or the US open. No way round it the prices are horrendous. 

If my maths is correct about 80% of those on 12 or more points will be able to buy tickets at the following prices:

Munich €50 - €195(!)

Cologne/Stuttgart €30 - €60

Do we expect >80% of those members on 12 or more points to buy tickets ??

3 minutes ago, DubsDave said:

If my maths is correct about 80% of those on 12 or more points will be able to buy tickets at the following prices:

Munich €50 - €195(!)

Cologne/Stuttgart €30 - €60

Do we expect >80% of those members on 12 or more points to buy tickets ??

There will be a fair few people on 12 points or more (especially any 12 pointers who only go to home games) who won’t be going to Germany next year at all and a fair few folk who might only go to 2 of the matches. Hard to put a figure on it but I would guess that the vast majority (if not everyone) of people who log on at 12 tomorrow to buy tickets will pay €195 at the most for Munich and €60 at the most for the other 2 games. 

25 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Cat 1 and 2 are a disgrace. Even if i could afford it i couldn't force myself to. pay 400 or 600 euros for a football match. Even the 190 euros is borderline. Dissapointed that there are not more lower price tickets. Got a feeling the tartan army will be well represented in the Munich fan zone. 

The SSC allocation will sell out easily enough and the Munich fan zone will also be full of Scots. 

There will be lots of people on 11 and 10 points who will happily (well happily might be a bit strong 😂) pay €400 or €600 for a ticket for the Germany game. 

7 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Seems ridiculous that a 12 pointer will possibly be able to buy a cheap ticket, and a 32 pointer will miss out on it.

It should have been done in smaller groupings IMO. 

Loyalty points are to guarantee tickets not cheaper tickets. Your point is valid to be fair but UEFA will want the tickets shifted as quickly as possible so I doubt the SFA has much of a choice. 

1 hour ago, AlfieMoon said:

Ye of little faith! 😂

My mate paid £500 for Boca-River Plate couple of months back. 

58 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

The SSC allocation will sell out easily enough and the Munich fan zone will also be full of Scots. 

There will be lots of people on 11 and 10 points who will happily (well happily might be a bit strong 😂) pay €400 or €600 for a ticket for the Germany game. 

Yes because i suggest anybody who would happily pay 400 or 600 euros belongs in a rubber room to be honest. 😂

10 minutes ago, Sempre said:

If my maths is correct, more than 70% of Scotland fans in the sale tomorrow will be paying a minimum of €195 for a ticket for the Germany game.

47% will pay a minimum of €400 for a Germany ticket, and over 10% will have to pay €600.

Have to... Surely not? 😂

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

Even €195 is ridiculous for a game of football. In a few years when I think back on us pumping the hosts in the opening game I won’t be thinking about what I paid for my ticket though. 

It is but like everything we’ve been slowly shifted to accept it.

Im going to Cardiff for the rugby and an OK ticket £115. Which is scandalous. I think my first ever game in Cardiff in 1996 was £13!

€195 is £170. Not that big a leap from £115 to £170. 

J

4 hours ago, Sempre said:

Codes are being sent out at 11am tomorrow.

Note that'a sent at 11, not necessarily arriving at 11, so don't panic if it's 11.01 and you haven't got yours yet. Panic if it's 11.59...

Guaranteed plenty won’t get their email till well after 12 . They’ve said they’re doing them in one large dump , so unlikely it’ll go smoothly 

49 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Yes because i suggest anybody who would happily pay 400 or 600 euros belongs in a rubber room to be honest. 😂

€600 isn’t a lot of money to some people. It will price a lot of people who can’t get cheaper tickets out of going right enough which is really not in the spirit of football. 

The opening game will sell out easily though so UEFA will claim the pricing is fair. 

2 minutes ago, tattiescone69 said:

Guaranteed plenty won’t get their email till well after 12 . They’ve said they’re doing them in one large dump , so unlikely it’ll go smoothly 

They sent them out the day before last time. Not sure why they wouldn’t do the same for this one. 

I mentioned earlier that the website was down last night so I wonder if they originally meant to send them out today but have had system problems which has delayed it until tomorrow? I suspect we’ll never know. 

If they always planned on sending the emails an hour before the sale going live and there is a delay for some people the SFA will have some explaining to do. 

1 hour ago, Sempre said:

If my maths is correct, more than 70% of Scotland fans in the sale tomorrow will be paying a minimum of €195 for a ticket for the Germany game.

47% will pay a minimum of €400 for a Germany ticket, and over 10% will have to pay €600.

I think it’s closer to 36% who will pay a minimum of €400 but admittedly maths isn’t my strong suit.