Travel to Munich - Page 4 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Travel to Munich

Paul D

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manchester to Berlin Tuesday night, early train direct down to Augsburg booked.. 3 nights there..Train direct Augsburg  to Cologne booked this morning..Saturday arrive 12ish..tram 18 down to Borheim 25 mins ( bar for fitba )..Hotel 7 nights.. Then Saturday down to Karlsrhu till Monday..Train 11am ( cannot be booked for a week yet ) to Liege the Eurostar and train home to Blackpool..And fotba gods on our side, out on the Friday for Dortmund or Berlin for last 16 on the Saturday..3rd place more awkward could be any of 4 days..And getting fired/ sacked/ binned the further we go..And it will be worth it.

Edited by The Bunnet

Had booked Edinburgh-Prague-Cologne (14th  June) shortly after the Cyprus game, if the group stages offered our games on the East side would jump off in Prague and if in the West follow through to Cologne and go from there

Very short odds to be in the opener so need to get from Prague to Munich, had looked at the train but wont get you in Munich until late afternoon so opting for a taxi transfer instead (7 of us so no too bad). Then the itinerary goes like that for afterwards

Munich 14th-16th        

Kaiserslautern 16th-19th

Cologne – 19th-20th

Stuttgart – 20th-24th

Just the trains to sort for getting round Germany now, 180 day window should open over the next few days – Happy Days!

Edited by Big Brows

Lufthansa cancelled our flights earlier today, Liverpool to Frankfurt from 13th to 27th June. Had gambled & booked cheap flights before qualification. Offered us Manchester to Frankfurt, same dates, similar times. Let us change it to earlier departure time on 13th & returning on the 24th, saved us 3 nights in a hotel with free cancellation so worked out well 

Is anybody travelling backwards and forwards from UK to Germany for each game? I'm based in Southampton so Eurostar is quite handy for me. I'm going to spend a night in Cologne for the two further away matches and then travel next day to Munich and Stuttgart 

Its 5 of us lads from Glasgow all from the same family in a car and motorhome.

Glasgow to Gravesend for the hotel on the 11th, then down to Dover and over to Dunkirk, and onto Antwerp all by car to pickup the Motorhome. Then both vehicles are onto Luxembourg for an overnight on the 12th. Then it's the trek all the way to Munich on the 13th for a couple of nights. While we are down there its a wee jaunt to the German Alps for our Southern Bavaria tour before heading up for the game in Cologne. Following days we head down the Mosel and Rhine Valleys towards Stuttgart for the 23rd. We head back towards Belgium on the 24th for overnight and back to Antwerp for the 25th then back to the UK via LeShuttle. We thought, hell, lets make a trip of it.

5 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

I woke up this morning to an email from BA informing me that they have cancelled the 06:45 Heathrow-Zurich flight on 13th June.

My train from Zurich Airport to Munich is already bought and paid for.

Happy-Fucking-Christmas to you too British Airways.

Sorry to hear that.

With 6 months to go, presume we'll see more of this from the airlines.

I've had my BA flight to Dusseldorf cancelled just 3 weeks ago & also flight time changed on a return flight.

On 12/25/2023 at 12:29 AM, will said:

Perth (Aussie) to Singapore to Frankfurt to Munich to Cologne to Darmstadt to Stuttgart to Berlin to Frankfurt to Singapore to Perth then to bed for a week to recover

My Bro flying in to Munich from Melbourne via Singapore morning of first game. Coming with his son and another couple from Sydney  

On 12/24/2023 at 4:48 PM, Rich NATA said:

I woke up this morning to an email from BA informing me that they have cancelled the 06:45 Heathrow-Zurich flight on 13th June.

Yip, our BA flights Glasgow to Heathrow on the 13th have been cancelled, luckily got on the next one which still gives us plenty of time for our connection. 

On 12/24/2023 at 4:48 PM, Rich NATA said:

Wow, that's a long time in advance for a cancellation!

You'd think any flights going to Germany and its vicinity next June will be inundated with bookings now. Surely not due to lack of demand?

8 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

My Bro flying in to Munich from Melbourne via Singapore morning of first game. Coming with his son and another couple from Sydney  

We have 5 of our group travelling from West Aussie and I know off at least 2 other groups flying out out from here as well. I was at the Perth Glory game on Saturday and bumped into someone else who is going. A lot of Scozzies going to Germany

11 hours ago, will said:

We have 5 of our group travelling from West Aussie and I know off at least 2 other groups flying out out from here as well. I was at the Perth Glory game on Saturday and bumped into someone else who is going. A lot of Scozzies going to Germany

Scozzies wtf!!! 😳🤔😆 never heard that before, Scottish born or Australian born? or is that a genetic anybody with Scottish ancestry. Genuinely interested 

31 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Scozzies wtf!!! 😳🤔😆 never heard that before, Scottish born or Australian born? or is that a genetic anybody with Scottish ancestry. Genuinely interested 

I’ve only heard it being applied to the Scottish born living in Australia but it could apply to a wider group I suppose. Never really thought about it that much 😄😄

5 minutes ago, will said:

I’ve only heard it being applied to the Scottish born living in Australia but it could apply to a wider group I suppose. Never really thought about it that much 😄😄

So a Scottish Pom, excellent effort travelling from the other side of the world 👍

9 minutes ago, dan cake said:

So a Scottish Pom, excellent effort travelling from the other side of the world 👍

I've always thought of POM as being english in Australia

I think Aussies do as well.🤔

I didn't identify as a pom when I was there..

Scozzie sounds good.👍😎

• 2 weeks later...

Our flight to Munich has now been cancelled, so that's 2 out of 2 cancelled, the previous one was to Dusseldorf, which BA let us switch to Munich.

Have managed to move to a later flight, same day, no charge.

Not a disaster, just means we lose 6 hours in Munich, arriving early evening rather than lunchtime on Thurs 13/6.

On 12/27/2023 at 2:16 PM, will said:

I've never heard of that term before but I like it 😂. Makes no difference to me if they're born in Australia or Scotland,if they're making all that effort they must have strong family connections. The blood is strong as they say ❤️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿