Euro 2024 Draw - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2024 Draw

todd

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Just for clarification tomorrow we’ll know our opponents, the dates of the games and the venues 

How do you know that ?

Is it in the dedicated EURO 2024 section ?

58 minutes ago, dan cake said:

👍 England last group game? 

God no, please let us be in any other group than them, that would just ruin the whole occasion as far as I'm concerned.  I so want to avoid them and the jammy Welsh (who will inevitably get there) Not because I fear them, just because, meh!

26 minutes ago, todd said:

God no, please let us be in any other group than them, that would just ruin the whole occasion as far as I'm concerned.  I so want to avoid them and the jammy Welsh (who will inevitably get there) Not because I fear them, just because, meh!

Wait, just realised what you meant 😳 

Jeez so many already wallowing in a sea of brown.

We have shown we can compete with or/and beat teams that are in the draw such as Spain, Denmark, Austria, Ukraine, Serbia, Albania, Georgia and Czech Republic (or is it now Czechia) amongst others.

Bring the draw on and I'll take whatever it throws at us. The alternative? Slink back into international oblivion and have no interest in major tournament draws.

For me the draw which offers us the best qualifying chance is:-

Belgium

Albania

Scotland

Play-off Path A winner

One to avoid:-

England

Hungary 

Scotland

Italy

1 minute ago, McTeeko said:

Can’t see confirmed kick-offs times. Is this something that will be confirmed after the draw? All I can see is date and venue.

As soon as the draw is made and teams allocated slots in group such as A1, A2, A3, A4 and B1, B2 etc then all dates and venues are known. This explains it here if you scroll down:-

10 hours ago, todd said:

100% agree, imagine trying to avoid the English the Welsh and the majority of the tartan army in one city 😳

1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

Ta, although where does it state ko times? 

Opponents, dates and venues will be decided by the draw. They have said that actual kick off time will be confirmed later. I don't know how much later? It's all to do with TV schedules. They wouldn't want to have Germany v Netherlands in the afternoon slot and Albania v Greece in the prime time evening slot, if they happen to get drawn to play on the same day, for example. They will want as many of the "big games" as possible in the evening slots.

3 hours ago, Craig Fae Hamilton said:

Loads of trouble with Turkish supporters in Germany, that would possibly be the worst Draw. I'd LUV GERMANY!

Fan wise Turkey is one to avoid. Over 7 million Turks in Germany. Nightmare draw as i mentioned before would be England, Turkey, Scotland and if they qualify Poland. Serious chance of utter carnage there i'm afraid. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Opponents, dates and venues will be decided by the draw. They have said that actual kick off time will be confirmed later. I don't know how much later? It's all to do with TV schedules. They wouldn't want to have Germany v Netherlands in the afternoon slot and Albania v Greece in the prime time evening slot, if they happen to get drawn to play on the same day, for example. They will want as many of the "big games" as possible in the evening slots.

Makes sense 👍🏼