Scotland V Norway - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland V Norway

Caledonian Craig

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Essentially it's a glorified friendly but this performance poses a lot of questions.  

Agreed. 

Taylor not good enough but he's only playing because he's our 4th choice.

We are desperately missing Tierney. 

McLean isn't a starter

Just now, Third Lanark said:

My point is we never play just for pride.

Can't be arsed searching but I'm sure we beat Croatia and someone else when it was a dead rubber.

Anyway, I don't think it really matters. We go to Germany with one loss in qualifying

I trust Clarke because he is delivering 

Just now, Third Lanark said:

Not impressed. More questions than answers.

Certainly we should be playing five at the back; Porteous should be put back into the team. I don't think Taylor should be starting; we do need to see Doig to gauge what level he's at relatively. McLean shouldn't be starting either. Certainly need Gunn back.

I understand we were treating it as an opportunity to test so things out, but we need to get some momentum back ahead of the Euros.

Could have seen this coming. Souness said that when he played for Liverpool, they won the league with a few games left and then lost all their remaining games. It would have been nice to end with a win but it doesn't matter in the end.

It's clear that Taylor and Clark can't cut it at this level but we hope they won't be needed at the Euros. Patterson hasn't yet become the player we all hoped he would and there is now no debate about who's better between him and Hickey.

Amazed he didn't start Ferguson and bring on Shankland instead of Dykes.

1 minute ago, BryanBlessed said:

Could have seen this coming. Souness said that when he played for Liverpool, they won the league with a few games left and then lost all their remaining games. It would have been nice to end with a win but it doesn't matter in the end.

It's clear that Taylor and Clark can't cut it at this level but we hope they won't be needed at the Euros. Patterson hasn't yet become the player we all hoped he would and there is now no debate about who's better between him and Hickey.

Amazed he didn't start Ferguson and bring on Shankland instead of Dykes.

I thought Patterson was good, put a lovely ball in for Brown who missed it. I thought Patterson was good in possession. The problem was down our left side, Taylor. 

2 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Certainly we should be playing five at the back; Porteous should be put back into the team. I don't think Taylor should be starting; we do need to see Doig to gauge what level he's at relatively. McLean shouldn't be starting either. Certainly need Gunn back.

I understand we were treating it as an opportunity to test so things out, but we need to get some momentum back ahead of the Euros.

The good thing is that there are still seven months between now and then. I predict that will be Zander Clark's last ever appearance for Scotland or in the squad. 

Taylor was only there out of necessity. Dare I say it, but isn't there a better deputy to Hickey than Patterson?

Just now, Scot1 said:

I thought Patterson was good, put a lovely ball in for Brown who missed it. I thought Patterson was good in possession. The problem was down our left side, Taylor. 

And if Robertson and Tierney get fit - left side problem solved

1 minute ago, Scot1 said:

Not definitely tonight but I think he's a pretty poor defender. Decent going forward, though. I agree on Taylor.

Clarke was forced into a couple of changes. He's also in the position of using this game to try a couple of things that are probably not first choice options. What a great position to have been in, especially given the lack of friendly options there will be. And it was a draw, not a defeat. Under the various circumstances, I'm happy. I think people are overreacting a bit. 🙂